The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What causes increasing damage taken from the Hulk on the final boss of Shipwrights Regret?

ssewallb14_ESO
ssewallb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time I pug this with a low DPS group I keep taking increased damage from the Hulk until he starts swiping me for 35k+ through capped resistances. I can't tell what's empowering it because there are like 3 unique debuffs on me and the room is full of AoE spam. I'd like to know if this is something I can avoid.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s probably the drenched debuff. Every time you get hit by a water attack, be it from the boss or the water aoes on the ground, you get a stacking damage taken increase until you become drenched. That’s the only one I know of in there that increases damage taken.
    If you have self debuffs on, it’s the dark blue bubble one.
    Edited by Soarora on 9 March 2024 16:55
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's probably it, I had drenched on me when I started taking lots of damage. I also had one called "Battered" but that seems to be a stacking dot from the boss.

Seems to last for 30 seconds too. Guess I gotta just not get hit by water.