The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Small forum bug [mobile version]

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
The FPS rate of the ESO forums are 30.

This is strange and i never noticed it before until now. Now when creating a new discussio(original forum post) on the mobile version of the forums, instead of it saying "new discussion" now says "edit discussion". Also the "post" button displays the word "save" instead. When editing a draft it no longer auto-saves it. Bug or feature?

Edited because I thought I previously saved this as a draft but instead it got posted.

Edited for new title.
Edited by wilykcat on 17 February 2024 03:19
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The auto-save on drafts is intermittent, by which I mean once every so many seconds, rather than being a constant thing, so it's a good idea to "save draft" before you exit out just to be certain your most recent changes get saved.

I know from experience that it's easy to hit "post reply" by mistake before exiting out of a draft instead of "save draft." That might be what happened to you.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a desktop, when making a new post, I see a "post discussion", "save draft", and "cancel" buttons. But on a mobile, there's only "save" and "cancel". That seems different than in the past. Just have to assume "save" means "post" now.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Icy
    Please move this to bug report. I meant to post this there.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's more detail about this bug.
    I go to edit my new discussion (original forum post). I see the category drop down box, the discussion title box, the text box, and the buttons down below.

There used to be a "post discussion" button and an auto-save when typing. Now there is no auto-save when typing and the "post discussion" button is missing or its been replaced by a "save" button. The save button does not save posts as drafts on mobile version but instead it publish them. There really should be 3 buttons "post discussion", "save draft", and "cancel".

When I refresh the new/edit discussion page after editing what I was going to post, it reverts back to the original version like the recent edits never been saved. I then have to edit and or completely re-write my new discussion after when it gets posted.

Also the save button doesn't fade/flash either when typing at certain points.

This is not for creating new comments or replies as those appear to be functioning normally.
    Edited by wilykcat on 17 February 2024 03:33
    Options