Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An Altmer

Fingolfinn01
Fingolfinn01
✭✭✭✭
I used midjourney for this image. An Altmer who has seen to many battles, made too many sacrifices.
lbg0on356sc1.png

PC-NA
  • Fruma
    Fruma
    Soul Shriven
    who needs artists, very cool
    Join The Spirit of Nirn PC/EU, a social guild for new and old players! Message/mail @Fruma Ingame or look us up on the guildfinder!
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks more like a Dunmer to me.
    Options
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    Looks more like a Dunmer to me.

Such is the pain of sacrifice
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bloody battle on the fields of Tamriel. Mid Journey
    87xm9pc2c9dm.png
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most beautiful high elves in Tamriel. Mid journey

tgks3h217plw.png
    fkg3wrjlppu4.png
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queen Ayrenn's Royal Guard. Mid journey

6rvsl4wgdnzz.png

PC-NA
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruma wrote: »
    who needs artists, very cool

AI's wouldn't work without artists, and none of these look very altmer. Where are the mer eyes with large irises and slanted large alien-like eyes?
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on 6 February 2024 17:44
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭

True its AI doesn't seem know a lot about popular rpg mmo's. Whether thats intentional or not I do not know.

As I ve tried to generate similar images from other games.
    Edited by Fingolfinn01 on 6 February 2024 22:54
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me they look more like generic fantasy elves (or some not even elves, looking at their ears), not like TES mer. That doesn't mean the pictures look bad, actually I think some are really beautiful, and it's fascinating what technology is capable of nowadays.

They'll never make real artists obsolete, though. Not only is their database that's used for generating images based on paintings, photos, drawings and other kinds of graphic media - which was made by real people, including artists. But to me, one aspect is central for art, one aspect that a machine lacks: The creative process and the idea and intention the creator of an artwork has. A machine just generates something on an imput given, it's not creative itself.

That said, I like to play around with AI generators myself and think that there are many things they're useful for (let alone they can be really entertaining, especially when creating rather strange scenarios - that's more my kind of thing, instead of just generating random imagines of beautiful people).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NotaDaedraWorshipper
    Where are the mer eyes with large irises and slanted large alien-like eyes?

It's possible ;) As you know, I'm more of a Dunmer person, though.

c1xqmw3feeum.png

xydj624xj94r.png

The facial markings annoy me a bit, but I haven't found out yet which (or what combination of) my over 75 keywords used as a prompt for the generator causes these (I've been quite active with these generators several years ago; meanwhile, several new models dropped which I haven't tested that much yet - old parameters and prompts can't just be carried over, or at least don't lead to the same result at all). It's a lot of testing, often trial and error. At least sometimes other interesting pictures materialize along the way ;)

dow1scwbwhtw.png

k0hngcvt5i05.png

In the latter case I really regret having the runtime parameter on "short", otherwise his ear would have gotten more detail...
    True its AI doesn't seem know a lot about popular rpg mmo's. Whether thats intentional or not I do not know.
    As I ve tried to generate similar images from other games.

It's possible to generate basically everything, even if the concept as a whole is not known by the AI. It's just more work because you have to make up your own phrases and test out which effects the prompts have, what things will show on the pictures, instead of writing "Beautiful Altmer Elf" and hitting "create".

The description for the Dunmer eyes above was "large crimson asian eyes, huge iris with no sclera" - works even better if seperated ("large eyes", "crimson eyes", "asian eyes", "huge iris", "no sclera"), because otherwise the generator might be "confused" sometimes, but if the prompt has a word limit, it has to be shortened somehow, of course. Anyway, this can probably easily be adjusted for Altmer (and with a bit of testing surely also for Bosmer, but I haven't tried yet to create their typical star shaped pupils).

In case anyone wonders why "Asian eyes" - because of this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicanthic_fold
    Not sure if many people ever look so closely (probably I wouldn't be aware of it either would I not see it in the mirror each day), but Asian eyes often have a visible tilt (optically even more emphasized through the epicanthic fold) similar to the eye tilt TES mer have.

Just wanted to post this in case other people also want to give it a try.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options