The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive puzzle timing is busted

Gruumsh1
Gruumsh1
✭✭✭✭
The first tentacle slime section runs out before you can finish clicking all the other steles to unlock them all? Even with a speed potion equipped! Is this working as intended?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 2 February 2024 04:44
Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a very small margin for error when you are doing it solo. For me, if the 6th switch is on the opposite side of where you need to start the run then it's a miss.
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've had no problem, heck I can even just hit them all in a random order and run across. This is in medium armor with major expedition though.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I've had no problem, heck I can even just hit them all in a random order and run across. This is in medium armor with major expedition though.

Interesting. I might give this a try. Can't be any worse than what's already occurring.
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you youre vampire/sorcerer or arcanist you can use teleport skills to bypass a couple of tentacles as well
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    solo I find the first two needed in order, then hit the others in the most efficient way possible then sprint. Hitting the buttons quickly is important. This is wearing heavy armour
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ring of the Wild Hunt and five pieces of Adept Rider, and it's pretty easy to do solo. What I used to get the achievement.

Stay safe :)
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gotta be faster
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Steed's Blessing CP + Ring of the Wild Hunt + Charging Maneuvers skill + run like hell! After you hit last button, immediately block, then cast Charging Maneuvers, then run. The button presses make you sheathe your weapon. If you just go from last button to Charging Maneuvers, you sit through the exaggerated look-at-me-dramatically-unsheathe-my-weapons animation before Charging Maneuvers actually casts. Blocking will quickly unsheathe your weapons so you can get right to Charging Maneuvers.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    solo I find the first two needed in order, then hit the others in the most efficient way possible then sprint. Hitting the buttons quickly is important. This is wearing heavy armour

This works for me almost every time as well. Also in heavy armor.
    PCNA
    Options
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See what you're missing is the true nature of that puzzle,

It's out-of-game meta,

a mental stability check, if you will.

Mess with it long enough to pass, and you're truly insane enough to continue further into Herma Mora's realm
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just makes sure that the first one needed to be cleared is the first one pressed and then just push them all as fast and as efficiently as possible. Then I use speed skills and just rush through. If you try to do it in order too much you probably won't have time to make it.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use run of the wild hunt+celerity CP+steeds blessing CP+ Speed potion, try to get the first 2 and then just leg it. Needless to say with 2 people it's pretty easy.

PS5/NA
    Options
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been able to do this still. It's ****ing BS.

Please change the damn timing on these for solo runs.
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spamming buttons does not work for high ping players. By the time I get the 3rd or 4th button pushes, the first one has already recovered.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I find disappointing is it literally only gives you ONE chance to get this right if you are playing solo, yet you can try up to 2-3 times if playing with a friend. Considering it's easier to have a friend stand there and operate switches while you run versus trying to hit switches in the right order and then haul butt, the number of allowed attempts should be reversed between whether you are solo or with a live human partner.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I find disappointing is it literally only gives you ONE chance to get this right if you are playing solo, yet you can try up to 2-3 times if playing with a friend. Considering it's easier to have a friend stand there and operate switches while you run versus trying to hit switches in the right order and then haul butt, the number of allowed attempts should be reversed between whether you are solo or with a live human partner.

maybe that's on the easier difficulties? if me or my friend mess up once, it's over.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The number of attempts is based on the 'level' of the run. Once you get to level 5 you only get one attempt. If you are playing with another person it goes off the lowest level of the run. Once you have both completed to level 5 it is always 1 attempt
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because I haven't seen it mentioned... you also, occasionally, run across an instance where you only need to hit 5 of the 6 switches. Even at level 5 this is pretty easy without any speed boosts.

ETA: As mentioned by others, whether you need 5 or all 6 switches, I find it easier to make sure you do the first two first, then the rest in any order.
    Edited by Number_51 on 1 February 2024 14:06
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I equip Ring of the Wild Hunt and have zero issues, even if there is a 1 -> 6 or vice versa in the solution.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a companion out? I don't use one but find the timing is much tighter when there are two players against one. The later difficulties impact the order the platforms are uncovered with increasing complexity but I can still spam them all solo in any order and clear it in no time.

With another player you need to have an understanding of the order to get the other player across.

I wonder if I companion triggers the second player condition.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Companions make no difference for the puzzle
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking the community for assistance.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post