The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Proposal: convert Ravenwatch to a PVE-Coop Campaign (Objectives)

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why people want a PVE Cyrodiil. Without the PVP the zone is extremely sparse and barren.

The quests are also barebones because PVP was where all the development of PVP went into, so I can't see why PVE players would want to PVE in a place where the PVE is barebones.

The only way it would be meaningful PVE wise is if devs actually revamped the zone (which is not likely to happen) and catered it more to PVE(also not likely). Not to mention the Devs can't paywall cyrodiil so it's not likely they'll develop it in the first place because its a free to play zone.

It just seems to me pve players just want to take away the one zone pvp players have dedicate to themselves.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop with the PvE cyrodiil stuff.

Maybe all us PvP players should continually nag ZOS to make a PvP option for every other zone and see how many people appreciate that?
    Options
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just needs to be no-cp and that’s it. They balanced proc damage scaling and its not as strong as they are in cp-enabled. In battlegrounds there aren’t any sets that ruin the experience like in the past.

You can increase your single target damage by like 12% in cp which is similar to having 8k extra penetration, and there is a perk that is pretty much orders wrath 5 piece bonus. I’d like to see a campaign without all these perks.
    Edited by Udrath on 28 December 2023 19:42
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    I don't get why people want a PVE Cyrodiil. Without the PVP the zone is extremely sparse and barren.

Each time this topic is brought up it gets clear rather quickly, that most players asking for PvE Cyrodiil aren't doing so because of the unique questing experience (which is indeed a new level of dullness if you remove PvP).

In fact it's all about easier achievements, skyshards and rewards.

In case of this thread it's the intention to cheese transmutes. OP is quite open about that.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big no for me....it takes about 10-20 minutes of actual pvping to get 25k AP required for the transmutes. and that is a waaay low estimate for many people. Also, about the boosting that you admit to doing, it is cheap and cheesy and pretty much straight up cheating.....but hey man, transmutes........
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who’s going to tell him there isn’t a story in Cyrodiil just a bunch of fetching quests. Imperial City might have a story but the main quest and Imperial City Dungeons are the story you’re after.
    Options
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill, I don't even get why this conversation is still going XD
    I made clear I had no idea that was considered cheating and that I was never a promoter of that, I just happened to be in the situation others were already doing it. I simply liked the idea and I DID NOT ASK to cancel PvP from PvPers, I just asked for a single, already mostly empty, Campaign to be revised in a PvE friendly way, being open to have an "enable PvP everywhere" toggle for those stressing about it.
    Why be so pissed about this?

I also already said it's not my problem anymore thanks to Infinite Archive and its lovely weekly Transmutes.

Btw, I don't understand why me having to solo farm vhm Fungal Grotto 1 with 10 alts in a day, or having to use those in Cyrodiil at 4a.m. when there's no one around would "help the health of the game". No it wouldn't, and it wouldn't help my health either.
    It was just about easier Transmutes for a solo player AND the IA demonstrated those Crystals are not reserved to multiplayer activities...

As someone said in another thread - many, many PvErs will NEVER participate in PvP at ANY cost, no matter what you say to them, the don't enjoy it.
    On the other hand I don't know how many Elder Scrolls Online PvPers would honestly never ever touch/enjoy any PvE content. Just saying...
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkaiFaith I will take the bait the of the last line in your last comment

PvPers do not have the option to never touch PVE...it is not feasible...even if we disregard the 1st 10 lvls being forced to happen in PVE you still need gear, skill points mats etc...where as no pver has even been "forced" to pvp for anything ..you could argue vigor, but since the changes you literally unlock it before leaving the gate....just saying.....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    No, I disagree. Cyrodiil already struggles with population so I don't think it's a good idea to put in a PvE campaign.

Technically Cyrodiil would become much more populated, just not by "involuntary PvPers".
    Right now Ravenwatch it's completely empty most of the time on Xbox EU; this would revamp it, imo...

Cyrodiil is PvP content. PvP would become less populated.

And here's where I got you @spartaxoxo XP
    ToT is considered PvP and you aren't killing any player there... That's what I'm asking for: you'd still have PvP in a "who gather the most APs" form, conquering resources etc... just not killing people from behind while they are scouting a place they run 10 minutes to reach.

And this is where You got You @SkaiFaith

You're still defeating other players in ToT.

By Your logic PvE leaderboards count as PvP. By Your logic having more gold than other people is also form of PvP.
    Options
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    No, I disagree. Cyrodiil already struggles with population so I don't think it's a good idea to put in a PvE campaign.

Technically Cyrodiil would become much more populated, just not by "involuntary PvPers".
    Right now Ravenwatch it's completely empty most of the time on Xbox EU; this would revamp it, imo...

Cyrodiil is PvP content. PvP would become less populated.

And here's where I got you @spartaxoxo XP
    ToT is considered PvP and you aren't killing any player there... That's what I'm asking for: you'd still have PvP in a "who gather the most APs" form, conquering resources etc... just not killing people from behind while they are scouting a place they run 10 minutes to reach.

And this is where You got You @SkaiFaith

You're still defeating other players in ToT.

By Your logic PvE leaderboards count as PvP. By Your logic having more gold than other people is also form of PvP.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I agree with your last sentences.
    If mine it's not a vastly shared logic, fair enough, I'll take the hit, but it's still logic to me XD
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    @SkaiFaith I will take the bait the of the last line in your last comment

PvPers do not have the option to never touch PVE...it is not feasible...even if we disregard the 1st 10 lvls being forced to happen in PVE you still need gear, skill points mats etc...where as no pver has even been "forced" to pvp for anything ..you could argue vigor, but since the changes you literally unlock it before leaving the gate....just saying.....

Fair too, really, but it genuinely wasn't a bait, I really have no interest in continuing the conversation since I solved my Transmutes need XD
    Thank you for taking the time by the way :smile:

Side note - I know some times my tone may sound "trolly" but it's not meant to be like that, please forgive if misunderstood.
    Edited by SkaiFaith on 9 January 2024 18:46
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would go great with a system that allows people to invade and force PvP on people that are doing random normal dungeons.
    Options
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would go great with a system that allows people to invade and force PvP on people that are doing random normal dungeons.

I wonder why so many PvErs want so much to avoid other players in PvP 🤔 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »

Maybe all us PvP players should continually nag ZOS to make a PvP option for every other zone and see how many people appreciate that?

Interesting how this post was not locked but the one suggesting that some PVE zones should become PVP based just was :thinking:
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

and people wonder why so many pve players don't enjoy going into pvp.
    KiltMaster wrote: »
    reazea wrote: »

Interesting how this post was not locked but the one suggesting that some PVE zones should become PVP based just was :thinking:

some would be like 3 or 5. it was nearly every dlc zone.
    and this post is for a separate campaign so not the same.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just think it's interesting the behavior towards PVPers and PVP in general :shrug:
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. And its not a dead campaign on EU, it has a devoted playerbase during evenings still. Some people dont enjoy the proccs and ***.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Some people dont enjoy the proccs and ***.

I can get this, but can we agree that it would be nice to have Green CPs enabled all the time, no matter what Campaign?
    Talking specifically about Infinite Mount Stamina and 10% more Mount Speed. If I invest 220CPs on those I want them always on, even in a non-CP Campaign.
    It would be even better if they could be passives instead of slottables, for what matters...
    Options