The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Any Wood Elf Motifs beside..?

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The basic Wood Elf one and Stags of Z'en?

Maybe its me but I think maybe there's a bit few wood elf inspired motifs?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 27 January 2024 04:37
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jephrine Paladin.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Jephrine Paladin.

That's altmer.

No, there's only base game wood elf and Stags of Z'en as styles go. They have some costumes, though.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a positive note, High Isle is a sign that we shouldn't give up hope for a Bosmer-focused chapter in the future. Still the possibility of exploring an island south of Valenwood's mainland, or travelling to whichever part of Oblivion or Aethereus Falinesti is hidden away in :smile:
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    On a positive note, High Isle is a sign that we shouldn't give up hope for a Bosmer-focused chapter in the future. Still the possibility of exploring an island south of Valenwood's mainland, or travelling to whichever part of Oblivion or Aethereus Falinesti is hidden away in :smile:

The islands south of Valenwood have always been strangely absent on ESO's map. If the Systres can feature a whole chapter, I bet these islands can, too - although afaik they have never been named?

LO-map-Valenwood_%28Oblivion_Codex%29.jpg

Falinesti is really unlikely though. It's been several years, but I recall Matt Firor stating in an interview that they would leave such things to Bethesda.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jephrine Paladin.
    Jephrine Paladin.

That's altmer.

No, there's only base game wood elf and Stags of Z'en as styles go. They have some costumes, though.

Ah. Well, it looks a lot more Bosmer to me - greenish and leafy-looking.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

The islands south of Valenwood have always been strangely absent on ESO's map. If the Systres can feature a whole chapter, I bet these islands can, too - although afaik they have never been named?

Falinesti is really unlikely though. It's been several years, but I recall Matt Firor stating in an interview that they would leave such things to Bethesda.

Actually, I think those islands might be where the Drowned Coast Dolmen is.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jephrine Paladin.
    Jephrine Paladin.

That's altmer.

Ah. Well, it looks a lot more Bosmer to me - greenish and leafy-looking.

Because it's related to followers of Jephre, the altmer name for Y'ffre. A very nature based god. The style is very altmer as well and it uses a lot of metal, which a bosmer armour wouldn't use.
    Options
  • GoldenGirl
    GoldenGirl
    ✭✭✭
    I've been hoping for new Bosmer motifs for a very long time. (I didn't know until recently that Stags of Z'en was a Bosmer motif, not having done the dungeon and unfamiliar with the lore.) I like the look of the Wood Elf heavy armor, with the overlapping scale that looks like leaves but want something similar in leather for light/medium armor.. y'know, so my Bosmer can slip quietly through town instead of rattling and clanking. ;)
    Edited by GoldenGirl on 14 February 2022 03:43
    Options
  • Rutger74
    Rutger74
    ✭✭✭✭
    1w4kwalgxpck.jpg

There are some pretty motifs that looks really nice on a Bosmer.

Ancestral Reach Motif.
    Icereach Coven Motif.
    Barbaric Motif.
    Coldsnap Motif.
    Glenmoril Wyrd Motif.
    Options
  • Rutger74
    Rutger74
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some pieces of Sea Giant and Huntsman motifs also looks very nice.
    Options
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, we'll see some more Bosmer-related styles and motifs with Golden Road. It's about time Bosmer culture receives some fresh content.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
    Options
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    They have some costumes, though.

dkfdrfbgim9e.png

Alas, the costumes are pretty lame. The 'Valenwood Spinner' (left) is essentially the standard Wood Elf motif (though I unfortunately didn't realise it until I'd shelled out some hard-earned Seals of Endeavors on it!); the 'Priest of the Green' (right) is somewhat better, although I can't imagine that in the Valenwood, where the heat and humidity are such that ink can't dry, any Bosmer would be comfortable wearing gloves, closed boots and a long-sleeved robe!

"So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rutger74 wrote: »
    1w4kwalgxpck.jpg

There are some pretty motifs that looks really nice on a Bosmer.

Ancestral Reach Motif.
    Icereach Coven Motif.
    Barbaric Motif.
    Coldsnap Motif.
    Glenmoril Wyrd Motif.

Don't forget the Primal Motif

You really have to mix and match a number of motifs to get a good armor on a Bosmer. Also a lot will depend on the type of Bosmer you play (e.g Green Pact adherent or city dwelling).
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Maitsukas
      Maitsukas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's the Y'ffre's Fallen-Wood style, which dropped during the Gates of Oblivion Celebration in November.
      PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates (No updates for May 6 and May 14 due to IRL events).

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
      Options
    • MafiaCat115
      MafiaCat115
      ✭✭✭✭
      Pretty sure it's just Bosmer and Stags of Z'en. It's a big part of why I was disappointed that this year's expansion will mainly focus on Imperials. We already have so many Imperial motifs and style pages, but hardly any Bosmer.
      Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
      Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
      Options
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Pretty sure it's just Bosmer and Stags of Z'en. It's a big part of why I was disappointed that this year's expansion will mainly focus on Imperials. We already have so many Imperial motifs and style pages, but hardly any Bosmer.

We may get an "Ancestral Bosmer" of sorts with the new chapter (if they haven't abandoned the reworked motifs completely). I'm not sure that "Stags of Z'en" even looks like Bosmer armor ... it's pretty telling when people can get a more appropriate looking armor by using a variety of other styles.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
        Options
      • NotaDaedraWorshipper
        NotaDaedraWorshipper
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Aendruu wrote: »
        They have some costumes, though.
        dkfdrfbgim9e.png

Alas, the costumes are pretty lame. The 'Valenwood Spinner' (left) is essentially the standard Wood Elf motif (though I unfortunately didn't realise it until I'd shelled out some hard-earned Seals of Endeavors on it!); the 'Priest of the Green' (right) is somewhat better, although I can't imagine that in the Valenwood, where the heat and humidity are such that ink can't dry, any Bosmer would be comfortable wearing gloves, closed boots and a long-sleeved robe!
        @Aendruu These are all bosmer costumes:
        Graht-Climber’s Active Wear
        tbyaFs5.jpeg
        Doeskin-and-Chamois Woods Wear
        HrhVZpH.jpeg
        Deepwoods Pod-Singer Tunic
        mVp7LnR.jpeg
        Treethane Ceremonial Dress
        jmPsltK.jpeg
        Treethane’s Mosaic Jerkin
        YJF52CX.jpeg
        Eveli’s Adventuring Leathers, should probably be considered it as well.
        t6Smw9J.jpeg
        Vinedusk Vigilant, which is the newest added one (and honestly feels rather generic fantasy wood elf to me)
        TSrW2KN.jpeg

As styles/motifs go, they added Y'ffre's Fallen-Wood style not long ago, which to me also doesn't feel very bosmer because of the plant usage. Many bosmer are technically fine with using "Fallen wood" but it's not like they have a lot of styles/motifs so ZOS required to think outside the box for variation.
        Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on 26 January 2024 18:27
        Options
      • TheNuminous1
        TheNuminous1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Faulgor wrote: »

They are called the Rictus island Chain. And they were originally in the eso datamines. As a second starter zone for the aldmeri dominion. It was cut and khenarthi was the only beginner zone. Think about how the other alliances have two entry zones and AD does not. It's cause rictus was cut.
        Options
      • LunaFlora
        LunaFlora
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        sayzp13ouy0l.jpg
        cmcmdtuohhkf.jpg
        the bosmer in these Gold Road images wear a new motif so we'll definitely get new bosmer styles in 2024.

dzw6ag0pyft6.jpg
        miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
        "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
        🦬🦌🐰
        PlayStation and PC EU.
        LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
        LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
        Options
      • ZOS_Hadeostry
        Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking the community for assistance.

Thank you for your understanding
        Options
        Staff Post
      • Aendruu
        Aendruu
        ✭✭✭
        @Aendruu These are all bosmer costumes:
        Graht-Climber’s Active Wear
        Doeskin-and-Chamois Woods Wear
        Deepwoods Pod-Singer Tunic
        Treethane Ceremonial Dress
        Treethane’s Mosaic Jerkin
        Eveli’s Adventuring Leathers, should probably be considered it as well.
        Vinedusk Vigilant, which is the newest added one (and honestly feels rather generic fantasy wood elf to me)

Oops, I stand corrected! Thanks for the extensive list, @NotaDaedraWorshipper.

"So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
        - Regring the Spinner
        Options