The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wish: One set usage, still get bonusses instead of wasting slots

KaironBlackbard
KaironBlackbard
✭✭✭
If you use a 5 piece set, and only that one set, it will double into a 10 piece set based off its base 5 piece set perks
other small sets that you can full body should do likewise
1 piece perk applies to piece 6 as well... most don't have a 1 piece
2 piece perk gets doubled on piece 7
3 piece perk on piece 8
4 piece perk on piece 9
5 piece perk on piece 10
and maybe also retrack again for pieces 11 and 12
1 piece perk for piece 11
2 piece perk for piece 12

3 piece sets would wrap more often, wrapping 4 times

Shouldn't break the game though. If it does then a certain set was probably overpowered to begin with.

This is more of an anti-penalty for using purely one set. Mostly affects only low levels and new players.

Thoughts?
Edited by KaironBlackbard on 18 January 2024 20:49
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better idea would be to remove item level all together and do something about the different types of materials under cp160.

The draw of the game is making builds and it's crazy that the game puts you through like a month long tutorial before you can start making builds.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better idea would be to remove item level all together and do something about the different types of materials under cp160.

The draw of the game is making builds and it's crazy that the game puts you through like a month long tutorial before you can start making builds.

That is the draw of the game for some, but not everyone is a buildcrafter. I know some people who absolutely live for just one phase of the game (PVP or trials, etc.) and they're often just about staying ontop of the meta and less about buildcrafting.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just use 2 5pcs. I used random gear I found while leveling fine until a friend made me training gear because they couldn’t stand that I do that. My cp 160 training gear is 7 pieces of Heartland Conqueror. Pre-160 (~level 45) I also had 2 5pc sets.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Still there are some people who use only one set.
    And, there are some set perks unique to a specific set that people would like to have more of, but no other sets exist to do that for them. In this way, doubling a set would allow them that extra stack of the perk they want.
    For instance, Footman's Fortune is the only one that adds more Block Mitigation.
    Thews of the Harbinger deal damage to foes whos attack you block based off your max health. 50k Max HP -> 2k retaliation damage.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there's also a phoenix set that's kind of unique as well
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    The easiest way would be to make all final set bonuses for standard 5-piece into a 1-piece bonus, but only allow a maximum of those worn, similar to Mythics.

I'll refer to
    1-piece bonus as: 1er
    2-piece bonus as: 2er

* 1x Mythic, 2x 5er, 1x 1er.
    * 1x Mythic, 1x 5er, 1x Monster, 1x Arena Weapon, 1x 1er.
    * etc

The remaining slots would be generic gear found anywhere with bonuses like +129 wpn/spl dmg. Or +657 crit chance. Or +4% healing received. Etc

That way the game is rebalanced around Someone slotting the BiS bonuses. Makes rebalancing the big set bonus traits easier. Instead of worrying too much about which set combos that someone can wear, and which pieces to get, if it follows one of the "wearable bonus rules", you only have to swap out that one piece of gear.

"People will only collect the piece that is BiS then and ignore the rest!"
    You'd still want to collect pieces to reduce reconstruction cost. And there's nothing keeping players from doing that already.

"Players will only play the same bonus traits like all +657 crit chance!"
    If the game is rebalanced around the top performing combinations as they already are, it wouldn't matter.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    You missed the point
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, in having only one piece of a set, you get no bonusses, likewise for piece 6, but with this addition pieces 7+ would have the effects of 2-5 stacking. Let's say Darloc Brae. I will expand it into a 12 piece as my intent for this was.

1) X
    2) 129 Magicka Recovery
    3) 129 Stamina Recovery
    4) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10%.
    5) While you are crouching and not Bracing, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 670 Health every second.
    6) X
    7) 129 Magicka Recovery
    8) 129 Stamina Recovery
    9) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10%.
    10) While you are crouching and not Bracing, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 670 Health every second.
    11) X
    12) 129 Magicka Recovery

As is normal, those add together, so the total buffs would be:
    387 Magicka Recovery, 258 Stamina Recovery, Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 4 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 20%. While you are crouching and not Bracing, you restore 1340 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 1340 Health every second.
    And no other bonusses, as that uses every piece of armor, blocking any other sets from being equipped.

This way, you could do 10 pieces of a set to gain it twice, and then have a couple other pieces of something else, say Mythic, Monster Set, or Arena Weapon Set. It is not recommended to go full 12 as it's hardly anything compared to M, MS, or AWS.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    How about Adamant Lurker?

(1 item) X
    (2 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (4 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (5 items) Gain 1505 Health Recovery while you are standing still.
    (6 items) X
    (7 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (8 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (9 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (10 items) Gain 1505 Health Recovery while you are standing still.
    (11 items) X
    (12 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery

You can guess the totals
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Now, some would be useless to double stack as their 5th perk is a named buff.
    Take Adept Rider for instance. 5th gives Major Gallop and Major Expedition. It cannot stack and therefore item 10 would be X as well.
    X = nothing. No perk. No benefits.

Spell it out you ask?

(1 item) X
    (2 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Gain Major Gallop and Major Expedition at all times, increasing your Movement Speed and Mounted Speed by 30%.
    (6 items) X
    (7 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (8 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (9 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (10 items) X
    (11 items) X
    (12 items) Adds 1487 Armor