Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag Buildup Requiring Constant Game Restart

mistchof
mistchof
Soul Shriven
I've had this issue for years where as I play ESO (the only game I play) I get a progressive lag buildup that requires me to restart my game (not the computer, just the game). Once I restart the game it fixes the lag until I play for a bit and it builds up again. Depending on what content I'm doing it causes the lag to build up faster. Content with more visual effects going on (trials, arenas, DLC dungeons, etc) cause the lag to buildup much faster.

There are spans of time when the overall buildup issue is not so bad, but I think it gets worse when there is an update (whether game or OS update, I'm not sure). The last big game update happened the same day as an OS update, but since then it has been really bad. I have to restart my game after a single dungeon; if running a trial I'm lucky if I can finish it without restarting; if a solo arena I'm lucky if I can get through two levels without needing to restart; in Infinite Archive I have to restart after every arc.

From searching this doesn't seem to be a common problem with Mac users, but if anyone has good knowledge of these things I would be incredibly grateful if I can figure out what the issue is and fix it. If there is any other info that would be helpful, please let me know.

Closing all other running apps while playing doesn't make a difference in the lag buildup.

Mac specs:
- Processor: 2020 iMac, 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB
- Memory: 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
- Sonoma OS
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    @mistchof

First, have you tried the steps in this article? If not, please give them a go and let us know how they affect the issue.

Options
    Staff Post