The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which profession has the best aesthetics?

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed all the classes(professions) in ESO have their own color themes. I made this forum post have each paragraph the color that best match the classes color themes. Also I provided some little bits of information about the different abilities each class has too.

Nightblades have abilities that are the color red ( I have 3 characters who are nightblades and red is one of my favorite colors). Most nightblade abilities have a slight crimson glow. The grim focus (which is my favorite) which gives a distinct slowly flowing pattern on the weapon and a slight glow that shows up very well in the dark. Then in combat to max stacks, my character pulls out a magical glowing red bow that deals lots of damage to the dungeon boss. Then the other abilities that they have are killer blade which has 3d claws that has some darker red outlines. The funnel health ability is another one of my favorites. This ability looks has bold to dark red streamers, then on my character makes her have a dark red glow and flowing white sparkles with hints of bold red. Finally the Mirage ability forms a 3d transparent bubble with some flowing dark red patterns and my whole character glows a bold red color.

The dragon knight has orange colored abilities. I have a few dragon knight alts. The flame lash is the main attack ability which has the appearance of a fire whip which has orange, yellow, and white gradient that glows (depending on the morph sometimes when using this ability my character will do a flip). There is also the burning embers ability which shows up as 3 claw like marks made of glowing orange fire. Then there is fiery breath. Finally spiked armor which are lava spikes that have some orange glow.

The templar has glowing gold colored abilities. My main is a kahjiit templar. The biting jabs is the main attack ability that appears as golden spears emitting light which also makes my character's hands emit a brightly golden glow. Then there is the radiant oppression ability which is a brightly glowing laser of sunlight which deals channeled damage at enemy. The solar barrage ability shoots multiple sparkling golden glowing orbs at enemies. Finally the binding javelin which my character throws a transparent with golden edges glowing spear that knocks down/traps/ stuns enemies.

Arcanist have abilities that are the color green. The arcanist main attack ability forms neon green triangles which temporary rotates around a character. (I have one kahjiit arcanist and that's another fun class) When using that ability the triangles multiply, move quickly, and explode on the enemy. Then there is the neon green with a yellow green gradient laser which is a channeled ability that deals a heavy amount of damage over time. The color theme for arcanist reminds me of the leaves on the trees in the summertime

The warden has light teal colored abilities. The main attack ability is dive which summons glowing teal colored birds at enemy. Then there is the ability Scorch which summons multiple explosive beetles on the ground which also have a glowing teal outline and they explode. And there is the Ice armor which has a 3d transparent glass effect with some hints of glowing teal.

The necromancer has cyan colored abilities. I have one necromancer alt. The flame skull is the main attack ability that shoots glowing cyan skulls at enemies. And there is another ability which is blastbones which summons a glowing cyan skeleton which will run after the enemy and explode on impact. Finally there is the death scythe ability which when attacking is a melee ability that's basically looks like a 3-d translucent scythe that has glowing cyan edges.

The sorcerer which has purple colored abilities and some electric cyan. Crystal shards/fragments are dark purple crystals that shoot out at enemies then explode on impact. The explosion is the color dark purple to a lavandar purple gradient which deals heavy damage. Then there is the rune prison ability which encases the enemy in a 3d transparent doughnut that has dark purple stripes. Also there is the Winged Twilight which is a lavandar colored dragon-like harpy that comes out of purple mist. I don't often play sorcerer and I did my best describing this one.

[Edited to reorganized paragraphs so they're in order by color and fixed minor formatting issues]
Edited by wilykcat on 12 January 2024 17:36
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was bored and felt like writing about ability vfx . Sorry my post is so long.
    Edited by wilykcat on 12 January 2024 17:38
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar is the prettiest, definitely. So much bright golden glow whenever I take my Healer out.

I know Wardens are viewed mainly for their green nature aesthetic, but mine is built as a pure Cryomancer, so lots of whites from all the Frost magic.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t really have a thematic favorite, though I’ve been loving looking at templar abilities lately. Some of them are pastel rainbow, so pretty.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love templar glows but some skill could be more glowwwwy. Would like to see some changes to dawn's wrath skill tree and grant him some more darker motifs of skills more eclipse one more skills similiar to Living Dark in darkness.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade.

Grim Focus red glow which is now gloriously permanent. Mirage/Phantasmal with a red transparent bubble.
    Path with a red glow
    Sap Essence/Power Extraction with the red sapping animation
    Dark Cloak making you go fully black
    There are so more but these are my favourite.

Red is not even my favourite colour but all the skills just make the class look so good,

My favourite colour is blue, Blue Betty is cool, same with Lotus Blossom effects. But I really dislike the Ice Fortress buff which takes warden down a peg for me.

Templar is very nice with all the yellow flashes but none of them are they present on your character itself.

Arcanist with the one that turns your weapons green, and floating crux is also top tier.