The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Deadly and Channeled Attacks...

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Not sure why I find this so confusing.

(5 items) Increase the damage your damage over time and channeled attacks do by 15%.

Channeled attack are anything that are not instant?

So Destruction staff (lighting) would be pointless with it.

Two - handed - Dizzying swing - yes, Onslaught - yes, Stampeded - no?

Those are channeled, right?

And Ao#, right? But no effect on healing...just attacks, right?

Tankz,

Z
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast time is not channeled.

Fatecarver, Puncturing Strikes, Radiant Destruction, Flurry (dual wield), and Soul Strike are channeled abilities.

Now for the damage over time portion, the second half of Stampede where it lays the aoe on the ground does count as does Cleave/Carve, Lightning Staff Destructive Reach or either Wall of Elements is damage over time.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on 10 January 2024 03:08
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    channeled attacks are the things that list in the tooltip that have channel time (not casting time) and lightning staffs heavy attack.
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    instant: complete effect applies instantly
    cast time: effect happens after casting time
    channel: effect is applied in chunks over the duration of the channel
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the key aspects of channeled skills is that stuff starts happening, stuff continues happening for a period of time, and you can't do anything else while this is happening.

So Uppercut has a delay before skill does damage, but once the delay is finished, it does its damage instantly and you are done. Not channeled.

Jabs has no delay before damage, and then the damage continues happening for about 1 second, and you can't do anything until it finishes. Yes, this is a channel.

Wall of Elements has no delay before damage, and then the damage continues happening for about 10 seconds, but you can do other stuff while the skill persists. Not a channel.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The key distinction to make is Cast Time vs Channel.

For example, a lot of people were spreading (and continue to spread) the misinformation that Arcanist's tentacle spammable is buffed by Deadly. This is not true, as the tentacles are a Cast Time, and not a Channel.

Channeled abilities have their effects spread out over the duration. They include:

Lightning Heavy Attacks
    Resto Heavy Attacks
    Templar Jabs
    Templar Beam
    Arcanist Beam
    Psijic Meditate
    Psijic Time Stop (only that morph)
    Soul Strike Ultimate (Soul Magic skill line)
    Toxic Barrage Ultimate (Bow ultimate)
    Flurry and morphs
    Vamp Drain

I think that's all of them (there aren't many), although I may have missed some so if I did just reply and I'll add it to the list.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 10 January 2024 19:35
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not, for Soulshine all heavy attacks count as channeled abilities. dunno what this means for deadly..
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Believe it or not, for Soulshine all heavy attacks count as channeled abilities. dunno what this means for deadly..

EDIT: Soulshine likely works with heavies because soulshine works with both channels and cast times. The non Lightning/Resto heavies still count as a cast time.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 10 January 2024 15:44
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For example, a lot of people were (and continue to) spread the misinformation that Arcanist's tentacle spammable is buffed by Deadly. This is not true, as the tentacles are a Cast Time, and not a Channel.

Channeled abilities have their effects spread out over the duration. They include:

Lightning Heavy Attacks
    Resto Heavy Attacks
    Templar Jabs
    Templar Beam
    Arcanist Beam
    Psijic Meditate
    Soul Assault Ultimate (Soul Magic skill line)
    Flurry and morphs

I think that's all of them (there aren't many), although I may have missed some so if I did just reply and I'll add it to the list.

Vamp Drain. ;)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For example, a lot of people were (and continue to) spread the misinformation that Arcanist's tentacle spammable is buffed by Deadly. This is not true, as the tentacles are a Cast Time, and not a Channel.

Lightning Heavy Attacks
    Resto Heavy Attacks
    Templar Jabs
    Templar Beam
    Arcanist Beam
    Psijic Meditate
    Soul Assault Ultimate (Soul Magic skill line)
    Flurry and morphs

Vamp Drain. ;)

Thanks I definitely forgot about it.

What a strange skill - so little use but in the scenarios you would use it in its incredibly powerful. Pretty fun.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Invigorating drain as a spammable. Just to help build up to a max DPS soul assault at 500 ult balorg. Oooooo buddy.