The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Twillight Matriarchin + Morphs

Murmeltier
Murmeltier
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

i know that the Twillight Matriarchin can Morph into one with 15% Magic Regeneration or a Heal. I have some Questions about that Heal.

1. How the Heal works and does it heals you only yourself? How much it heals and is there a Cooldown on it?

2. Is that Magic Regeneration important or do i have with Dark Pact and other Skills enough Mana to cast my Spells?

MFG Murmeltier.

Edited by Murmeltier on 5 May 2014 08:38
  • Malzeroth
    Malzeroth
    Heal has 30sec cooldown and at level 22 when she heals, at the 35% threshold, she gets me to damn near full if I don't take anymore damage. I have 863 health atm so that is 500+ heal. This is approximation as I don't have numbers to go by with addons.
    Edited by Malzeroth on 5 May 2014 20:47
    Options
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are basically useless at high levels, I would avoid using them. Having said that, I would use the heal morph once you get dark pact.
    Options
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not listen to people that claim them useless at high levels. The fact they call a summoned Daedra a pet should be a sign they don't know what they're talking about.

Healing is the better choice, IMO as one can overcharge the magicka regain and the boost from the Twilight counts towards the overcharge.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on 6 May 2014 07:46
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

Options
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    I actually picked restoring twilight for the mana regen, as it can allow me to hit the regen soft cap.
    Then I can gear my equipment towards other things.

That being said I only use my twilight for levelling, in PvP it runs away to fight the good fight.. Has more initiative and courage than I anticipated.

In dungeons it gets cleaned up by AoE, or does not move away when its getting trampled, so it dies very quickly.
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, thank you all for the Infos, they help me to decide how i use my Points. I like the Heal.

For the secound, i love Summons/Pets. I play in every Game a Summoner/Ranger. In some Games the System works, in some others you can only hope that will be in the Future^^.

In Teso, i have the Option to summon Pets as a Wizard and i will use them in PvE to Level 50. I cant understand why some ppl say that the Pets are useless in PvE under 50.

In a Fight versus a harder Boss/Elite? they hold Agro and tank very well. They always fight 1-2 Enemies and allows me to fight the 3th alone. Are they chaotic, yes they are but i hope they work on this in the future Patches. Maybe they will get a new UI or Skills in a future Addon?

I have Fun with this Little "Daemons", so i use them.
    Edited by Murmeltier on 6 May 2014 13:19
    Options
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    My Clannfear is awesome. I feel like the Twilight Matriarch could be a little better if it didn't immediately aggro every enemy I engage. I don't if it's simply because it's a ranged attacker, but it's the first to do gown because all the mobs gang up on it. I don't have a taunt, so its usefulness is a bit limited for me, personally, because neither I nor the Clannfear can knockdown/damage fast enough to draw aggro.
    Options
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used the twilight with the heal until VR1. After that it seemed, even when I kept a regeneration heal on it, to die too fast.

I swapped it out for the AOE snare which is working better for me.
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you (like me) don't have Critical Surge because you're healing in groups, than the Clannfear tank version is pretty nice. So I wouldn't spit on pets. They can be good for soloing.

Tank pet will easy hold 2 vet mobs by himself. Takes a lot of pressure of you. Just have to be careful with what you hit and let him keep them. I even soloed a few world bosses, with my Clannfear tanking.

About the Matriarch, I guess I'm not fully sure how the 10% magicka regen works if you're already soft capped on recovery. If it stacks on top of your magicka recovery, I'd probably go with that morph instead of a fluff heal.

Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a little tip:

You can cancel the 30sec cool down on the heal by de-summoning and re-summoning your pet, if you need the heal again.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Pets are basically useless at high levels, I would avoid using them. Having said that, I would use the heal morph once you get dark pact.

You sound like Nordjitsu , though in this thread he's actually useful and not dogmatic whatsoever.

I use Matriarch in VR dungeons for a DPS increase and for the off-heal effects because you know... spell symmetry, and I use Volatile Imp as my main AoE (it's cheaper than impulse and hits harder than impulse, and most fights it is perfect). Furthermore, there are some fights such as the second boss of Fungal (or was it Spindle I don't even remember anymore) where you can detonate the imp just as the boss split into adds to deal damage and buy you time to close in to AoE them due to the stun.

Or in some cases where the adds spawn with the boss you can just do way more damage by AoEing the adds and the boss at once with volatile bombs, each one hits for 500~ damage and crits for 700~ with nearly the same cast time as Impulse and with less mana cost.

So yeah, useless? Think again.

Options