The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why don't you nerf Relequen in PVP?

Gendizer
Gendizer
✭✭✭
Hello. You killed the heavy attack build sets in PVP, but why don't you nerf Relequen? When fully stacked, it deals gigantic damage, from which there is no way to defend.z3hsabqt14mr.png
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some additional context/information would help here.

From what is presented here, the average damage of relequen per tick is 245.7 (17.4k divided by 71 ticks).

What was the duration of the fight, was it only a few (less than 10) seconds, was it longer than a minute?

I know relequen can be a strong set, but some information is missing here to provide clearer insight into the issue.
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    dz0g3z9k3j2x.png
    I don't know how the last damage is calculated, but here's another example. I'll try to find even more.
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    This is a stable damage (every second) that is easy to proc and hangs 100% of the time.
    Edited by Gendizer on 6 January 2024 11:50
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The second screen shot is 455 damage per tick (13k divided by 29 ticks).

The third screen shot is 716 damage per tick (96k divided by 135 ticks).

I'll ask again, how long did these fights last.

I ask this because the death recap only shows the total damage taken over the entire duration of the fight with the number of ticks of damage that happened to reach that total damage taken over the entire duration of the fight. The death recaps don't tell us if the fight lasted 10 minutes or 2 seconds.

If the fights lasted for multiple minutes then the damage seems possible. If the fights were only lasting a couple of seconds then something is not right there.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The TL//DR of what I'm asking is:

The death recaps only show us the total damage taken, not the damage taken per second, so the duration of the encounters is important here to determine if something is wrong or not.
    Edited by Turtle_Bot on 6 January 2024 12:11
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exactly. at face value, this would not appear to be an unbalanced set. Rele is a bad pvp set that can be used to good effect on targets that don't avoid attacks. if you're having trouble avoiding it, wear mara's or put another HOT on your bar.
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    0ztqs3c98n0b.png
    Here's an artificial example of a log (the sorc was just hitting me with several skills through a light-attack, I was standing and healing). Recorded for comparison with other skills.
    It damages more than any other skill, except for spamming skills. It ticks once a second, unlike most other dots. It stacks up very quickly. It gets buffed by the sorc's passive. As soon as I get close to the sorc, he uses streak, stuns me, and flies away, continuing to refresh relequen and other dots.
    Perhaps it doesn't seem imbalanced. But it is clearly stronger than other proc sets. If used on a sorcerer.
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    These fights had to last at least 1 second per 2 ticks, so the first fight for example had to be at least 36 seconds. Realistically, we should add 50% to this duration, trust me.
    So it seems like a lot since it shows in recap altogether like this, but in reality 17k damage over a minute or so is not that big a deal....
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    The description says "Your Light and Heavy attacks apply a stack of harmful winds to your target for 5 seconds". Only 5 seconds, and only light or heavy attacks, so we can exclude melee already.

How is this even an overpowering bonus? I have never seen anyone using it in BG.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they stack and can proc every .5 secs and a good player on the right ranged build can make it pretty effective

i dont see it too often as perpetually light attacking at range doesnt seem to interest many players
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relequen is perfectly fine.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    They probably landed more damage from light attacks, which aren’t showing up in the recap
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on 6 January 2024 18:03
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This again? Yes, lets nerf a useful PVE trials set that came out 6 years ago and has remained largely unchanged because some players running werewolves in PVP were wearing Relequen when they killed someone.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how Relequen stacks interact with Maarselok.

If somebody who believes in this set enough to keep it on hand could let me know, that would be great. I couldn't imagine putting in time to obtain such a booty piece of bad just to answer that question myself.

Now Maarselok, that's a cool proc. Not like Relequen, which is not a cool proc.
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone been saying relequen needs a nerf for pvp for a long time now
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno why. Would having multiple strong options to kill other players really be so bad?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overamera wrote: »
    Everyone been saying relequen needs a nerf for pvp for a long time now

No, its been one guy with a handful of people who agree with him who keep necroing the thread that has been out for 6 months using the same combat recap numbers to claim Relequen does 100K damage. FROM DUELS. I can't remember the last time I saw Relequen appear in my combat recap. Way of Fire? Yep. Maarselok? Yep. Relequen? Nope.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/635392/arms-of-relequen-is-the-new-savage-ww-and-needs-to-be-nerfed/p1
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time you don't see Relequen setup's strength is when you are either running in a massive zerg, or running in ballgroup of 4+ members exclusively. Otherwise, it is hard not to run into a bowsorc with Relequen these days. And if you don't have LoS and backbar ult isn't Spell Wall, good luck surviving that is all I've got to say.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on 10 January 2024 01:41
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This again? Yes, lets nerf a useful PVE trials set that came out 6 years ago and has remained largely unchanged because some players running werewolves in PVP were wearing Relequen when they killed someone.

Literally never fails. What urks me the most is that the only solution that the pvp crowd can come up with is "nerf its damage massively!"...Or not and do something like stacks get more to mobs and have a lower cap against players. Say 5 against players and the normal 10 against mobs? Or maybe stacks only apply to mobs and pve get a flat buff. Whatever. Just come up with some solution other then regurgitating the same brain dead idea that causes constant non stop friction between pvp and pve. For god sake..
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on 10 January 2024 16:14
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a big deal in PVP. There are probably 10+ damaging procs that are far more impactful. Mdw, vat ice, maarselok, zaan, way of fire, scavenging, jeralls, and rush of Agony, just to name a few, are all far more impactful sets to be xv1d by.

Status effects in general are far more broken than any of these sets, as well.

The only time relequen is arguably too strong is in flat out duels when you have no line of sight, and no way to purge or avoid the stacks. If you can avoid letting the stacks remain at 10, either through several dodge rolls, a cloak, a purge, or line of sight - the set is pretty worthless for your opponent.
    Edited by React on 10 January 2024 17:08
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster