The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What class could use a rework? - poll

• Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I just hate how all necro and warden skills hide the weapons in 3rd person.
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    I picked other because there's currently 3 classes that need it.

1. Necro - the obvious pick. Needs a complete overhaul. Many threads on this already.
    2. Sorcerer - this is for no-pet sorc specifically that is in a worse state than even necro. Necro is ahead in terms of overall need since technically sorc has pet builds that it can use and those find a spot in groups exclusively due to atro synergy, but no-pet sorc has been in such a bad state for so long that it really needs something done for it as well.
    3. Plar - Doesn't need much, an adjustment to jabs damage to give it some of its damage back that it lost from the animation change would go a long way for plar.

Plar is probably the least needed of the 3 (not that it's not needed), but plar is suffering more from the overall state of ESO and the unfinished hybridization changes where DK fills plars niche of providing 'insert minor damage buff here' for the group while also being a much stronger class overall for majority of rolls (Tank/DD) and warden is better in the remaining role of Healer.

Finishing off hybridization properly would go a long way to helping plar since you could remove the double up of minor sorcery/brutality and give plar something else unique to make it a good inclusion for group content.

Doing the same for minor prophecy/savagery for NB/sorc would help those classes find their spots in groups too.
    And to any ZOS employee reading this, NO! Silence is not a unique effect that is as generically useful as what the other classes bring to the group such as toughness, crit chance, damage, armor, mitigation etc or even what pet sorcs bring with berserk on atro. You have already proven this yourselves by altering negate into being an actual hard stun in PvE content because silence is so mediocre.

In my opinion this is the most insightful post in the thread.

The only thing I'd like to add is that the first thing ZOS should do is to complete the hybridization (buffs, mundus, potions, etc). And then start fixing the classes.
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Would be great if the necromancer had actual necromancy
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro. Necro was ironically dead on arrival, animated by Harmony trait. Now, it can only do either tanking or super glass cannon bombing. It can work with the meta proc setups but, it isn't really great compared to other classes.

And soon, Arcanist, because of all the nerf callings Once Arcanist eats nerf to its current damage skills, it will really need a restructuring of its offensive side so that it conforms current boring formula of overly complex rotation, separate setup between AoE and single target. Also it will need a decent, separate burst heal skill because on PvP side of things, people are calling for nerf on that 1 second long shield.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on 5 January 2024 16:10
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    meekmiko wrote: »
    Sorcerer. Pets. Finally reworking the crowded bar situation would be fantastic.

I would say that Sorcerer doesn't need bar space cleared necessarily, but a Pet Sorc should absolutely be punished for using a lazy pet build instead of having activated skills with variable cooldowns in its place. There needs to be a rewards for more complicated play styles.

Warden needs more love for its Frost theme since no one likes it as a tanking asthetic, they want it as a dps identity. Also, same problem as the sorcerer. There needs to be a better option than their bear for DPS. It is way too over tuned, and more difficult gameplay should be rewarded. There should be a more high damage version of the frost ultimate, maybe it could enhance your frost damage too.

Templars (my main) got gutted with their Jabs so severely that I just up and quit the game for a year and a half. Only just now getting back into it. Templar Jabs still feels weak, but with the changes to Maelstrom Great sword it can kind of resemble what it once was. Removing the 4th hit from the spammable while not adjusting the proc sets that trigger on Direct Damage (like Nerieneths) effectively removed many sets from any hint of viability.

Necromancers still have the Magicka morph of the Exploding Skeleton that doesn't have an updated tooltip for its morph. When is ZOS going to give that skill a functional magicka morph? Also, that skeleton needs to have the same time to explode regardless of your position. Making it a 2 second cooldown versus 3 second cooldown is stupid. Make it always 3 seconds, and increase its damage. This game NEEDS classes who's meta damage rotations are fully ranged. Also, making Sythe a more viable spammable would be a good improvement for Necro's severely lacking burst capability.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    meekmiko wrote: »
    Sorcerer. Pets. Finally reworking the crowded bar situation would be fantastic.

I would say that Sorcerer doesn't need bar space cleared necessarily, but a Pet Sorc should absolutely be punished for using a lazy pet build instead of having activated skills with variable cooldowns in its place...

Sorcerer’s punishment is not having anywhere near the same Major or Minor Buffs on the class kit in comparison to other classes… the entire kit has been balanced around the idea of having pets.

Clearing them from both bars would be absolutely fine given the state the class is in, and would allow for a more active and engaging playstyle, because currently you have to run both pets to have competitive DPS, which means you have 4 of your 10 active skill slots taken up, and three of the four don’t even warrant the GCD cost.

Meaning, while playing a PvE Sorcerer at the moment, you’re using 7/10 of your active skill slots, while Arcanist uses 8/10, and every other class uses 9/10 or all of them.

Part of Brian Wheeler’s post about the vision for ESO explained that Mastery was a staple that Zenimax believed in…

Why is it some classes require more or less mastery?

Every class should require the same number of bar utilization to master them, and if there are exceptions like Werewolf or Oakensoul, those builds should be in competition with each other.
  • element1123
    element1123
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I've stopped playing ESO because DK's are unoriginally overpowered and the only viable class in PVP. It's been years and while every other class gets nerfed, DK's somehow year after year keep getting buffed instead of nerfed. Might as well call this game Dragon Knight Online. Maybe someday I'll come back when ZoS learns to balance the game, however it seems overwhelmingly unlikely given your patch notes year over year and ZoS's hard-on for the DK.
    Edited by element1123 on 6 January 2024 19:21
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Make sorcerer pets temporary like the necromancer pets. It solves the problem of perpetual flying creatures in towns.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer
    Necro. Necro was ironically dead on arrival, animated by Harmony trait. Now, it can only do either tanking or super glass cannon bombing. It can work with the meta proc setups but, it isn't really great compared to other classes.

And soon, Arcanist, because of all the nerf callings Once Arcanist eats nerf to its current damage skills, it will really need a restructuring of its offensive side so that it conforms current boring formula of overly complex rotation, separate setup between AoE and single target. Also it will need a decent, separate burst heal skill because on PvP side of things, people are calling for nerf on that 1 second long shield.

Completely agree with all of this. Kind of sad about Arcanist too, killing a unique thing most likely but meh.

Magcro is my main and here is hoping that they get some love in Q1 and Q2 of 2024.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Necromancer has good ideas but is just sooo clunky. BB every third cast is a pain in the rear, and targeting Corpses is too.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    For a total rework it has to be Necromancer.

For tweaks and skill adjustments, I would say Warden. Northern Storm for example should read “Increase your Frost Damage by (flat) 500 for 30 seconds” as opposed to a minor spell damage buff. It can’t compete with the bear, so let it fill a niche for pure frost mages that use no animal companion skills.

But Necro need most love by far.
  • Minstrel9806
    Templar
    I voted Templar cause the inconsistency between Jabs/Sweeps and the other abilities aesthetically is bad to look at. Like apart from the fact that the animation is not improved but just different, the fact that the spear model is identical in all the abilities but Jabs is just immersion breaking.

Still i understand why most people voted Necromancer cause i leveled a StamCro once, and it definitely didn't feel as smooth as other classes.
    Mostly due to Blastbones, but the whole class feels kinda bad to use.

The rest of the classes are fine for the most part.

No-pet Sorcerer definitely needs a buff tho, as of now it really falls back compared to its 2-pet or 1-pet counterpart.

Nightblade is fine, just one nitpick: please change "Impale" animation to an actual throwing animation, i hate that it uses the stam version anim even tho it's a ranged attack.

Edit. Thinking about it, i should've definitely voted Necromancer
    Edited by Minstrel9806 on 16 January 2024 22:10
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    Necromancer has good ideas but is just sooo clunky. BB every third cast is a pain in the rear, and targeting Corpses is too.

Issue isn't even blastbones every third cast. It's that if the boss moves or enemy. it will become fourth cast without us noticing. this ruins rotations. Blastbones travel time is awfull and shouldn't be a thing.

It also makes rotations really hard having to use a skill constantly even on backbar.

Siphon requires corpse's that even though are nearby sometimes don't work. Plus it has to be front slotted because of the dmg passive. The issue is, this doesn't let people slot Cammo hunter on front bar.

Boneyard even though it's really strong has a really short duration. Adding it to rotations where all the skills are 15+sec is really hard.

Skull spammable is single target , slow animation also...

Skeletal archer is just...meh.

No major crit or dmg on skills.

Scythe skill? The one that heals hp... really hard to Light attack weave with it.

Playing healer necro is... awkward.

Playing tank necro it's alright? Could be better.
    Edited by francesinhalover on 9 January 2024 19:51
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Necro should have been designed with a crux-like combo point system before Arcanist. Collecting souls and making them do your bidding is kinda the whole point of necromancy.

Regardless, most of the necro skills are poor functional design, look weird, and feel terrible to use. It's sad really.

BONUS: bring back old Templar jabs please.
    Edited by Solariken on 9 January 2024 19:57