The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about Warden's Dive morphs

Sleeping_OwI
Sleeping_OwI
✭✭✭
I see more people using the stam morph, so i guess that dot outperforms the weapon damage from mag morph?

Another question: if i were to use the mag morph, is it worth recasting it on time, every 10-11 seconds? Or is the 100 damage alone (from when target is immune to off-balance) not worth casting it instead of Reach, and instead it should be cast only every 21 secs to proc off-balance and yield the full 400 damage?
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dive is one of the crappiest spammables in game. Every weapon skill line has an alternative, that eclipses it. Apart from Resto and 1H+S, obviously.

Just don't use it.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden spammable is bad. If you absolutely must use it, go with the stam morph for the better damage type+status effect. But if you want to do damage you shouldn't be running either.

ZOS needs to realize that class spammables should always be better than the alternative. It feels bad playing a Necro or Warden and being forced to run a weapon spammable because your class one is hot trash.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my Warden uses Dragon's Appetite set which increases damage done to targets affected by bleeding effects and has a healing bonus when hitting targets affected by Bleeding/Hemorrhaging. Cutting Dive, Growing Swarm, Rending Slashes, and Wild Guardian to hit as many targets as possible. Then multiple aoe effects like Deadly Cloak, Artic Blast, Gripping Shards, and Whirling Blades to proc multiple stacks at once to get the heal effect.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden spammable is bad. If you absolutely must use it, go with the stam morph for the better damage type+status effect. But if you want to do damage you shouldn't be running either.

ZOS needs to realize that class spammables should always be better than the alternative. It feels bad playing a Necro or Warden and being forced to run a weapon spammable because your class one is hot trash.

The DoT is the primary reason why it's run as you typically cast it once every 10 seconds on frost warden, or as an off stat spammable to help with magicka recovery.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Sleeping_OwI
    Sleeping_OwI
    ✭✭✭

I use it as a second second spammable lol, for an additional dot or weapon damage buff, depending on morph and content. I was just wondering which one does more damage.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I use it as a second second spammable lol, for an additional dot or weapon damage buff, depending on morph and content. I was just wondering which one does more damage.

Cutting is better.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive made a few earnest attempts to get dive to work in pvp.

It’s just way too slow to ever hit against decent players. Dead skill.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you check out esologs.com, you'll see that Wardens appear to be using Cutting Dive for the DoT, not so much as a spammable.

I like it as a spammable for solo arenas, because you get healed for ~1400 every time you use it, per the Animal Companions passive.

It's terrible in PvP because the dodge window is too long. Instead having a short dodge window like poison arrow, it has a long dodge window like the Grim Focus proc.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Dive as a spammable for solo/duo heavy attack builds. (Off-balance is huge in such contexts.) And in trash fights the magicka morph seems likely to maintain strong up time on the 400 Weapon Damage bonus.