The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dawnbreaker hit directly… nothing happened

SandandStars
SandandStars
✭✭✭✭✭
Tonight in some bgs I was trying out dawnbreaker after a hiatus from it and there were more than a few times it landed directly on my opponent and nothing happened… no stun, no damage.

I haven’t used the skill for a while. Is this happening to anyone else? Is it just lag?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Post clips please
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's location desync. The server often can't accurately determine the position of two players in relation to each other, which is especially noticeable when using un-targeted conal abilities like dawnbreaker.

The ult has been becoming increasingly less reliable for years now. Wish they'd make an adjustment to the radius to bandaid the issue.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    It's location desync. The server often can't accurately determine the position of two players in relation to each other, which is especially noticeable when using un-targeted conal abilities like dawnbreaker.

The ult has been becoming increasingly less reliable for years now. Wish they'd make an adjustment to the radius to bandaid the issue.

They did - the radius was increased just last major patch.

It didn't do anything.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post clips please

I’ll try to remember to do this for you. I’m usually too involved in the bg to grab a clip.

Bgs are probably bad for my psychological health. 😉

• SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I just dropped dawnbreaker. xbox na pvp is rife with lag n desync, and db is one of the skills that’s an unreliable headache in these conditions.

Bring out your Spin-to-Win! Bring out your Dizzy Spammers! Or, as Deltia refers to it: “Your basic Meathead Melee Spam.”

• itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably woulda hit them if the player was behind you LOL
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ exactly ^
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »
    Probably woulda hit them if the player was behind you LOL

If you're both running in the same direction and the enemy is slightly behind you, then Dawnbreaker will land.
    PC NA
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything with a cast time is suffering with the current desync issues. Especially abilities that don't directly target an enemy or have a long enough cast time/delay.
    - Non instant AoEs like DB
    - Projectiles that don't require a target to use like overload
    - Delayed ground skills like Shulks
    - Targeted projectiles such as hard cast frags/dark flare/snipe when there's LoS/fast movement involved
    The list goes on.

The best thing that would fix this would be to fix the desync issues, but idk if they have any idea how to do this yet (or if its even possible at this point) without doing something super drastic like removing majority of the ways to increase movement from the game to slow players down enough for the game to keep up with its targeting and positioning.