The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Imagine if Necromancers were anything like the Necro's in Diablo 4

AvidNecro
AvidNecro
✭✭
In regards to a recent post I was reading, I decided to overhaul the thoughts of another community member to help further discuss the state of Necromancer aka my favorite class. I agree with most of the ideas except blast bones, because I love the idea of a timed bomb mechanic to time up burst, and not to mention its similar to D4's (Bone Spirit) which has the same mechanic

Here are their thoughts:

MindOfTheSwarmMindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
Necromancer is in dire need of rework. But in a nutshell:

1. They should get rid of all Physical and Magic Damage from the class. Stick purely to elemental.

2. Ditch all Poison. Stamina should be purely Disease.

3. Magic Scythe should deal Frost Damage.

4. Bone Goliath AoE DoT morph should deal Frost Damage or Fire Damage.

5. Totem should be the minion boosting spell. Not the grasp. Would make it way easier to boost minions. And minions wouldn’t need to be in the area. Just have it active. Also, it pulses for Fire Damage or Shock Damage every 2 seconds.

6. Agony Totem should deal Disease Damage every pulse. The synergy should be part of the base skill.

7. Remote Totem is almost never used. Rework and have the remote aspect added to base ability.

8. Flame Skull and morphs create corpses on either hit or every third hit.

9. Corpse Siphon should be reworked into either a straight up tether from the Necro to a living target, or simply have the corpse tether to nearby targets. Making it a much smoother ability to use. Alternatively, just detonate it and leave behind an AoE DoT, it doesn’t matter if the class gets two AoE DoT’s. It would be better than what we have now and make them more unique.

10. Graveyard should have a Disease Morph. Maybe, instead of gravestones it’s just a mass of rotting corpses.

11. Blast Bones should be a melee pet minion that simply detonates when it dies. Instead of immediately. We need a melee skeleton minion so we actually feel like a necromancer.

12. I think Flesh Colossus needs to go. Need something more ‘Army of the Dead’ or perhaps a bunch Flame Skulls that explode from your character and track your target.

13. One morph of healing ghost should be offensive. Dealing Frost damage to a target but then healing you for the damage dealt.

14. An execute, could even be the above ghost suggestion making it somewhat of a reaper style minion that turns the loss of life of an enemy into life for you.

* This is what I think needs to happen, but I’m just one person. Really the community should think hard about what they want from the class. I think most of us are on the same page though with a lot.

Necromancer Main
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many necromancer threads are there now? Hmmm.. It really says something about the state of the class :/

I agree on the rework and I'd love to see the self synergy feature applied to the agony totem as well.

I like the blastbones change you suggest, but also allow the option to detonate it when you want.
    Edited by IncultaWolf on 2 December 2023 21:32
  • slt101880b14_ESO
    slt101880b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Make minions permanent like sorc pets are. But unlike sorc pets which have active abilities, make Necro pets have passive buffs. This could help with Necros seemingly lack of buffs
    Edited by slt101880b14_ESO on 21 December 2023 04:48
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by autocookies on 13 March 2024 18:08
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disease Graveyard synergy summons a zombie instead of a damage burst. Self synergy able and stats based of Necro casting the graveyard not the synergy activator.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on 23 December 2023 22:45
  • slt101880b14_ESO
    slt101880b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Make minions permanent like sorc pets are. But unlike sorc pets which have active abilities, make Necro pets have passive buffs. This could help with Necros seemingly lack of buffs

While I like the permeant pets I don't like how sorcerer has to 2 bar them.

I would like the summon to be a toggle. For example you press the skill it reduces your current usable mag/stam by a value until you untoggle it.

Example situation: your max magic is 30k, Spirit Guardian costs 10k magic. your usable max magic is now 20k and will not fill back to 30k unless you unsummon or the guardian dies or your character dies.

Sounds fantastic to me, just not in those values..
    Spirit Guardian, Archer, and a blastbones later, I'm sitting at 0k mana, lol