The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help with Necro Vampire morphs and build

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m working on a solo build, not running something like Elemental Catalyst, and my question is, is there any reason I should pick elemental or disease damage over the other? Sometimes the ability has additional effects, but otherwise, should I just pick what works best for my sustain? Which blastbones, siphon, or colossus should I use?

Thank you in advance!
Edited by Araneae6537 on 15 December 2023 16:19
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In most scenarios, Stalking Blastbones is better than Blighted, as it just has better damage.

Venom Skull tends to better in most scenarios as well, but is limited to single target.

There's no reason anymore to use Glacial Colossus over Pestilent. Pestilent does more damage and no one with a brain in PvP will ever be stunned by Glacial. The stun really isn't impactful in PvE unless you absolutely want it for solo dungeon/arena runs.

Detonating siphon is more damage than Mystic, but Mystic gives you sustain. This is kind of personal preference in PvE, while in PvP you'll probably want Mystic as you won't really be running the tether for damage there.
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glacial Colossus gives 20s of Maj Vuln, now! That is a very long time. ImO the superior Morph for Solo Boss fights.

For SOLOing on Necro:
    You will need Weapon Sill Line abilities to avoid being locked into weakling buggy necro skills and thus get some actual survivability to the class.

My StamCro has a 2H Sword backbar and Dual Maces frontbar. Hexos' Ward and Order's Wrath with Slimecraw and Iceheart one piece for crit chance improvement.
    Since so many (short duration) Magicka abilities are needed for utility, I need to take the Stamina Morphs of class skills where possible. Otherwise sustain is abysmal.

The same goes for the MagCro, only reversed. And I tried to use as many low cost alternatives as possible, because if you take the high cost abilities you will run out of steam rather quickly. It works with a good companion Tank.
    Stam: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=567456
    Mag: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=586288
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 15 December 2023 10:31
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate have fun. Stick on Plague Slinger, Thorvukun and Plaguebreak and go full Disease. Who cares about it being meta when you’re a literal walking bringer of corruption. Shame there is no Disease Weapon skill like to round such a build out.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the insights and thank you @Zodiarkslayer for sharing your builds! I should add that my primary focus for this build right now is the Endless Archive.

Sustain is indeed a concern, especially as a stage 3 vampire. I’ve slotted both of the resource return CPs (Siphoning Spells and Bloody Renewal) rather than Rejuvenation, use the Vengeance Leech set, and right now use DW daggers and lightning staff. I am open to trying other weapons and going primarily stam or magicka, but this has seemed to work best of what I’ve tried so far, and I need to have some ranged attacks for the Tho’at fights.

Healing is mostly passive with Crimson Twilight, Vengeance Leech, Ring of the Pale Order, and Spirit Guardian.

Right now I’m wearing Velidreth’s Monster Set, but am open to trying other options, including two one piece bonuses, or a second five piece bonus on one bar (Deadly Strike?) and Vengeance Leech on the other.
    Mate have fun. Stick on Plague Slinger, Thorvukun and Plaguebreak and go full Disease. Who cares about it being meta when you’re a literal walking bringer of corruption. Shame there is no Disease Weapon skill like to round such a build out.

That would be an interesting option to try in PvP, or maybe Plaguebreak plus Azureblight and Thorvukun. Alas, Plaguebreak does not affect NPCs anymore, so that’s not an option for EA. I was considering Azureblight against the mobs, but it would be easier to get the stacks with Arcanist. It’s a shame that Necro doesn’t have any fast ticking DoTs.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 15 December 2023 16:18
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    necromancer tether is still a tick rate of 0.6 sec, while a little slower than the arcanist beam, it is still faster than majority of other dots (which are either on 1 or 2 sec ticks)

so its still not terrible with azureblight or runecarvers if thats what you were trying to aim for

the problem i have with necromancer and dots is that they have a passive to boost dot dmg, but almost none of their class skill have a dot component lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    necromancer tether is still a tick rate of 0.6 sec, while a little slower than the arcanist beam, it is still faster than majority of other dots (which are either on 1 or 2 sec ticks)

so its still not terrible with azureblight or runecarvers if thats what you were trying to aim for

the problem i have with necromancer and dots is that they have a passive to boost dot dmg, but almost none of their class skill have a dot component lol

They have exactly 2 dots in their class kit: Graveyard and Tether. Neither is a sticky DoT, making both pretty bad in PvP. Skeletal Archer/Arcanist should count as a DoT, but is direct damage, cannot proc sets, and cannot be commanded like normal pets. Despite these shortcomings, it was still subject to the 50% blanket DoT nerf in U35, making the ability not really worth the bar space anymore unless you need it for corpse gen/passives - just slot a stronger DoT.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 15 December 2023 19:19
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have exactly 2 dots in their class kit: Graverobber and Tether. Neither is a sticky DoT, making both pretty bad in PvP. Skeletal Archer/Arcanist should count as a DoT, but is direct damage, cannot proc sets, and cannot be commanded like normal pets. Despite these shortcomings, it was still subject to the 50% blanket DoT nerf in U35, making the ability not worth the bar space.

yup, though based on what the poster is aiming for is more archive oriented and not pvp, graveyard and the tether would be alright, since its NPCs and small arenas
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, my build has high survival but low low damage. Will I get the most from increasing penetration, weapon damage, crit chance, or another strategy? I’m thinking to switch out Vengeance Leech and Velidreth for Deadly Strikes or Azureblight.

Sustain is also garbage, but I just have to be more selective in what I block and I also made use of Draining Vigor, since NPCs take long pauses between attacks. I even got my first solo kill on Gothmau! (I had good fortune in having a large arena at the bottom of a staircase, with one add deciding to remain up top so I could kite Gothmau around! This may also be one of the few cases where Undeath was actually helpful in PVE.)

Regarding morphs, I think I will go back to Blighted Blastbones because it’s easier to regain magicka and less deadly to run out. It would be nice if the minions were stronger and if the Blastbones had some kind of stun or knockback or better still, aoe effect, to feel more impactful.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 19 December 2023 06:13
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glacial Colossus gives 20s of Maj Vuln, now! That is a very long time. ImO the superior Morph for Solo Boss fights.

For SOLOing on Necro:
    You will need Weapon Sill Line abilities to avoid being locked into weakling buggy necro skills and thus get some actual survivability to the class.

My StamCro has a 2H Sword backbar and Dual Maces frontbar. Hexos' Ward and Order's Wrath with Slimecraw and Iceheart one piece for crit chance improvement.
    Since so many (short duration) Magicka abilities are needed for utility, I need to take the Stamina Morphs of class skills where possible. Otherwise sustain is abysmal.

The same goes for the MagCro, only reversed. And I tried to use as many low cost alternatives as possible, because if you take the high cost abilities you will run out of steam rather quickly. It works with a good companion Tank.
    Stam: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=567456
    Mag: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=586288

Where is all your spell/weapon damage and penetration coming from on your stam build? Most of the armor bonuses, as well as the mundus stone, are bonuses to crit. What am I missing?
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a build that used Oakensoul, Draugrkin and Deadly Strike. Then I filled my bar with sticky DoT’s and Vamp Drain. Vamp Drain had a tool tip of 5500. Which is as high as I could get it.
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Weapon Damage:
    129 Hexos
    129 Order's
    258 Dark Elf
    452 WD glyph
    Major Brutality
    10% Medium Armor
    9% Fighter's Guild