Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Basalt-Blooded Warrior vs Drake's Rush for EA build

rauyran
rauyran
✭✭✭✭
I'm looking at DK builds for EA and the current survivability meta seems to be focussed on ultimate generation for magma shield. Most builds I've seen are using Drake's Rush, but on paper Basalt-Blooded Warrior seems to offer a potentially better uptime for Major Heroism and also buffs heals and shields. Does anyone have any thoughts on using Basalt-Blooded Warrior over Drake's Rush?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drake's Rush also gives ulti-gen to your partner, but requires more micro-management. Basalt may give you more, but on a two-bar build that arguably depends on your build and playstyle.

Both sets could be single-barred. Drake's Rush's ulti-gen should carry to the other bar. Basalt's won't, but it has no cooldown as such. There's probably not much in it, unless you come up with an Oakensoul Basalt build.

My guess is that people recommend Drake's, because Basalt is a catch 22. Imagine a YouTuber publishing a Basalt build. Half the comment section would cry out that they're doing the archive for the first time.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Drake's Rush also gives ulti-gen to your partner, but requires more micro-management. Basalt may give you more, but on a two-bar build that arguably depends on your build and playstyle.

Both sets could be single-barred. Drake's Rush's ulti-gen should carry to the other bar. Basalt's won't, but it has no cooldown as such. There's probably not much in it, unless you come up with an Oakensoul Basalt build.

My guess is that people recommend Drake's, because Basalt is a catch 22. Imagine a YouTuber publishing a Basalt build. Half the comment section would cry out that they're doing the archive for the first time.

Basalt requires micro management too. Perhaps a bit slightly more annoying. Drake's is super easy to proc if you already integrate bash in your rotation. Basalt however, you kinda have to be careful not to refresh it while Major Heroism isn't ticking. Because you will end up glitching yourself out of the buff and miss the buff the entirety of time. At least, that is how my experience had been with the set. You have to time your barswap too to fix that glitch. Of course, since this is PvE, you can opt to run 1 bar only and might be fine for the most part.

And also, someone already made a video of EA build utilizing this set btw lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For EA, if you are running with a Duo then Drake's is definitely better since it will buff your partner. Also there is a vision that will extend your major buffs so the cool down will be irrelevant once you have that. Since it is based on a bash, you don't have to slot or cast a specific skill to proc it as well.

Remember when everyone thought Basalt was going to be OP...

Edited by kojou on 30 November 2023 19:22
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    For EA, if you are running with a Duo then Drake's is definitely better since it will buff your partner. Also there is a vision that will extend your major buffs so the cool down will be irrelevant once you have that. Since it is based on a bash, you don't have to slot or cast a specific skill to proc it as well.

When you count vision impacts, it complete changes the calculus making a lot of sets you would not have expected useful.

Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

I am not sure wheter that vision is buffing effects You are getting from sets. If I remember correctly my major protection from pirate skeleton monster set was not being extended.
    Options