Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

The issue with HA in EA

ESO_player123
ESO_player123
✭✭✭✭✭
I run a HA build for EA (not Oakensoul, but a regular one). The rate at which HA fails to start is astonishing for me. After some actions my toon just stands there when I press left mouse button and does nothing (while clearly aiming in the middle of an enemy). This often happens after blocking or casting some abilities. To fix this I either have to roll dodge (wasting stamina) or do a quick block. It does happen outside of EA too, but inside it's just a nightmare for a HA build (and a not so good player like myself).

If you use HA build in EA, how often do you experience this?

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 27 November 2023 02:55
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    as far as i know this never happens to me, it might've but i don't remember if it did.

im on playstation eu,
    i assume you're on pc as you use a mouse.
    it might be a bug specific to pc
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a HA build for EA (not Oakensoul, but a regular one). The rate at which HA fails to start is astonishing for me. After some actions my toon just stands there when I press left mouse button and does nothing (while clearly aiming in the middle of an enemy). This often happens after blocking or casting some abilities. To fix this I either have to roll dodge (wasting stamina) or do a quick block. It does happen outside of EA too, but inside it's just a nightmare for a HA build (and a not so good player like myself).

Actually, I encounter this all the time, whether I am in Endless Archive or not. The heavy attack does not start, and I have to lift my finger or it never will. I don't have to dodge roll or block.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I see this a lot in EA. I think I hit the heavy attack too soon after the skill and it just fails to fire and I have to redo it. Haven’t had to dodge roll, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Actually, I encounter this all the time, whether I am in Endless Archive or not. The heavy attack does not start, and I have to lift my finger or it never will. I don't have to dodge roll or block.

I'll try lifting the finger next time. This thing is so annoying.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about a build.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Input not doing anything has gotten worse lately lol. It is not just the heavy attack, it affects skills too. The amount of time I press ult button and it not firing... it is staggering. Sometimes, you can't even interact with quest objects either because you pressing E means nothing for few seconds despite the game clearly registering the key because you see the prompt getting greyed out(this goes to skills too).
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on 27 November 2023 03:50
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this has been happening to me for a while too.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced this for ages on PlayStation
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then probably this thread is better to be moved to Bugs subforum rather than Combat and Character Mechanics. I definitely do not consider HA not firing a "mechanic".
    Options
  • YffresTrill
    YffresTrill
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue for at least a few years.

As described by @IZZEFlameLash, there is a consistent issue of inputted actions not activating, not particular to heavy attacks only, though I cannot say if all instances have the same cause.
    @ Yffre'sTrill - PC/EU (No Steam)
    -
    Naering (Bosmer WW Archer - Valenwood separatist, Hircine-agnostic, honoured affiliate of the Gang of Scroungers.)
    Alts: Kunali, Free-as-Wind, Gurzog gro-Kosh, Seldril, Hatiba, Kareemal, Gilfirion, Elorwe, Ludvikke, Tsetha-Vos, Loulou Villeau, and Nilvani.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has definitely been happening a lot to me, not only in the Endless Archive but most noticeable there as I’ve been running it a lot with my Oakensorc lately. I was wondering if it was something wrong on my end or the game.
    Options
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    happened to me in VAS last night alot. at one point it would not even cast after repeated clicks.
    Options