Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harvest Map Data Issue with privileges

suebrick
suebrick
Soul Shriven
Hi All,

I'm just back to ESO after a significant break (hence the brand spanking new forum account), so I am familiar with how to install Addons.

My issue is with Harvest Map Data: everything else is working fine. When I try to run the .command file in Terminal I get an error about not having access privileges. I have Googled this as a general issue and have followed the instructions on giving Terminal access to all content, but it still won't work. I have dim memories of this being a problem in the past and that there was a work around involving cutting and pasting directly into Terminal?

If anyone has a link to the solution I would be very grateful - I seem to remember someone was nice enough to post it when I asked this question x number of years ago. Oh, how I wish I'd copied it down somewhere!

Thanks.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know macs well, but is there an option similar to windows where you can run something "as admin"?
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • TheBunny
    TheBunny
    ✭✭
    Grab a tool like chmod-scout off the app store.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chmod-scout/id1485122366?mt=12

Drop the .command file on it and turn on the Execute Bits.

That is probably what is keeping the command file from being RUN.

Edited by TheBunny on 15 November 2023 21:58
    Options
  • suebrick
    suebrick
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, I'll see if that works!

:D
    Options