The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Endless Archive] Builds

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For people who struggle to reach arc 3 or arc 4.

When you design your build, do it the same way you will design a PvP build. Get at least 30k+ health. 35k+ is even better. Stack weapon damage or spell damage instead of resources.

You need 33k resistance, luckily that is all you need (not like in PvP where it could be penetrated).

Your best damage increase comes from penetration. Focus that stat.

Recovery, you need a lot of recoveries. Wretched vitality set could help as it can be used only on back bar.

Slot self healing skills or slot the ulti to health recovery CP star. Then slot one ulti that will give you some passive bonusses and do not use it.

You can easily reach arc 4 with 20k DPS. Focus on your survival.

Buff stats goal:

Pools
Health: 32k+
Magicka/Stamina: 20k (the one that you need more)
Magicka/Stamina: 14k (the one that you do not need so much)

Recoveries
Health recovery: 5k+ (this will make your life easier). You can even go with 8k at some builds. This is like a hot every 2 seconds without casting it. If you combine it with a damage shield it is very nice
Magicka/Stamina recovery: 3k+ (leading one)
Magicka/Stamina recovery: 1.5k+ (the other one)

Offensive
Weapon/Spell damage: 5k+
Penetration: 6k+, also major breach and minor breach. Many skills offer this.
Crit chance and Crit damage are no important for these builds.

Best food: Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch

CPs
Slippery - When you are affected by a disabling effect, you automatically Break Free for no cost.
Strategic Reserve - Gain 30 Health Recovery for every 10 Ultimate you have.

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 3 November 2023 03:40
Because I can!
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Are mythics disabled in EA? Did only the quest and noticed that the ring of pale order wasn't doing anything for my magdk. Took a break from the game, so I'm out of touch with what works and what doesn't.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CristiC wrote: »
    Are mythics disabled in EA? Did only the quest and noticed that the ring of pale order wasn't doing anything for my magdk. Took a break from the game, so I'm out of touch with what works and what doesn't.

As far as i know mythics works. I am using Gaze Sithis.

What I noticed is that some sets stop working randomly while you are in the endless archive. You have to unslot one piece and slot it again. Maybe that could happen with some mythics too.
    Because I can!
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've noticed the Pale Order does not seem to be doing anything at all. Wasn't sure if it was disabled, or what. Kind of stupid of it is a bug that I'd have to take it off and put it back on after every stage.

In any case though, good little build guide!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am using sea serpent and also noticed it sometimes just not working, had to restart a run, it was fine after. Likely a bug.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am planning to use Oakensoul for this type of builds.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    When you design your build, do it the same way you will design a PvP build.

Exactly this. Your build needs to tank/dd/heal all in one, no better place to look for advice than PvP builds.

CristiC wrote: »

From what I've gathered, there are multiple sets that can stop working during EA. One trigger is supposed to be the side portal where you get transformed into some other creature (trying to stay spoiler free). Taking your gear off and putting it back on fixes it. I use an addon to save/switch gear setups, and just got in the habit of switching to another setup and back after every portal, at least for the time being.

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That seems to happen especially after the Unknown side bit where you transform into a Watcher.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenTSG wrote: »
    Yeah, I've noticed the Pale Order does not seem to be doing anything at all. Wasn't sure if it was disabled, or what. Kind of stupid of it is a bug that I'd have to take it off and put it back on after every stage.

Pale order was a big help for me and definitely working. I've just been using my "normal" dungeon set up with pale order added but going to mess about with some CP options once I get to Arc4 again as it was a real step up in terms of damage taken from that point for me.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great set of tips. It's refreshing to see since there are so few solo/duo player guides out there. The importance of penetration over criticals is mostly lost in the guides that assume the presence of a strong tank.

I'd love to see more guides giving good class combos for duos where their skills complement one another.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a glitch where if you do side content stuff that morphs you into something else, all the sets that 'proc' gets disabled. I've noticed this myself. So, you have to re-equip for its proc line to be active again.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭

There's a glitch where if you do side content stuff that morphs you into something else, all the sets that 'proc' gets disabled. I've noticed this myself. So, you have to re-equip for its proc line to be active again.

You are right. It wasn't working outside EA as well. Re-equiping it fixed the issue.
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Bashev, for this outstanding guide. I've only been playing about half a year and just figured I might have to bypass EA as I didn't think I could get very far. I have a lot more faith in completing a better portion of it with the knowledge I gained from you. Always looking to improve my build(s), so I really appreciate your post.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need 33k resistance, luckily that is all you need (not like in PvP where it could be penetrated).

You sure need resistances, but in pve you can also go for damage mitigation buffs (which are pve only). Pearlescent is an unmatched solo set for defense, if you go with a companion, minor aegis + 33% resists are definitely worth it, and you can still wear some dps set and a mythic. Also there are ways to passively get minor+major protection. I usually solo very hard stuff with this build, but if you want to go without a companion this won't work in EA sadly
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlterBlika wrote: »

You sure need resistances, but in pve you can also go for damage mitigation buffs (which are pve only). Pearlescent is an unmatched solo set for defense, if you go with a companion, minor aegis + 33% resists are definitely worth it, and you can still wear some dps set and a mythic. Also there are ways to passively get minor+major protection. I usually solo very hard stuff with this build, but if you want to go without a companion this won't work in EA sadly

Yes you can use it, but this is a trial set and there is a very high chance that if you have that set you dont need any help for the EA.

Also you can build with 1 offensive set and 1 sustain set and manage the resistances with buffs and CPs.

Otherwise, I agree it is a nice option.
    Because I can!
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to know about the gear issues. I noticed several times Tormentor wasn't working on my Tank when running duo.

A couple of crafted sets to consider:

5 pc Shattered Fate in Medium + 5 pc Armor Master with Evasion slotted.

Edited by Sordidfairytale on 1 November 2023 13:47
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The guide is pretty good
    however I'm going to suggest you give it a tweak or two to be more explinatory as the people who'll need it the most won't really understand what you mean by "Design it like you would a PvP build" let alone how to achieve the suggested numbers via their own means

That aside, thanks for putting it together
    Edited by notyuu on 2 November 2023 10:52
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the recommendations! :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 3 November 2023 04:01
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's a guide for builds for Endless Archive.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for the suggestions--how far do you usually get with this, and with 1 player or 2?

Also, do you have a list of sets you like that help get to those stats? I've been doing the math with some of them and some leads of what to look into would help, if that would be easy off the top of your head.

If anyone knows the penetration cap in EA, that would be awesome!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the suggestions--how far do you usually get with this, and with 1 player or 2?

Also, do you have a list of sets you like that help get to those stats? I've been doing the math with some of them and some leads of what to look into would help, if that would be easy off the top of your head.

If anyone knows the penetration cap in EA, that would be awesome!

I believe the caps are as follows:

First Boss: 9,100
    Second Boss: 18,200
    Third boss: 27,300
    Fourth Boss: 36,400
    Arc Final Boss: 18,200

First 2 Arcs adds seem to be 9,100
    from Arc 3 onwards its 18,200
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urgh ok, this makes sense now. Thought I was going crazy as it seemed Hexo Ward would stop procing half way through the first arc.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive found the best combo to be a somewhat tanky dps and a full tank

a "cheese" build for this is to make a DK, and build for high uptime on magma shell (elf bane + ult cost reduction/ult generation)

i think an example build a friend was using was elf bane + potentates + drakes rush and had gotten a lot of visions for +duration on major and minor effects

if you want to focus on dmg, the ideal visions are focus training (+chance to apply status effect and +status effect dmg), and the set visions (specifically the fiery support and ferocious support)

we almost made it to arc 6 in 3 hours running this group combo (my friend had to leave near the end of arc 5)

we had some right combinations of dmg verses as well which allowed me to get nearly 250k dps on some bosses (and the avatar verses such as the iron atro, ww behemoth, and ice avatar are incredibly powerful)

for those are not aware:

iron atro verse (utility): gives you a flat -25% dmg taken and cc immunity, you cannot block but you get a synergy which makes you radiate very high fire dmg and drops a sun (such as the ones in rockgrove from bahsei or torchcasters) that deals dmg nearby and then explodes dealing very high dmg

ww behemoth (offense): gives you +5500 max hp, 12500 dmg, cc immunity and a few other buffs, turns you into a WW behemoth with the same skillset that you have in the stone garden (difference is in here you can block and dodge)

ice avatar (defense): gives you +4000 max all stats, +40% move speed and cc immunity, functionally is the same as the form you get in black drake villa, you have the synergy which freezes all enemies, if you kill enemies while they are frozen they turn into friendly scamps which deal very high dmg per hit

you can only have a chance to obtain these special verses after you acquire all 3 of the associated set vision

crystalline set gives ice avatar, fiery gives iron atro, ferocious gives ww behemoth
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014