The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Heist Quests

Calagari
Calagari
Are the Heist quests you can get from the board on the Thieves Den meant to fail? No matter what I do the placement of the guards either keeps me hidden in the basket or gets me caught losing some allotted time. I have yet to be able to complete one without losing time. So either I am really very bad at being a thief or these are just meant for you to be able to find the chests while getting caught?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 16 September 2023 03:36
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had a problem with most of them, even on my unsneaky magplar. Look for the shortcuts, they really help. I can't remember if it applies more to the TG or BG ones but it matters what order you do things too. Some maps are much easier than others tho!
    PS4 EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have various gear to help you stay stealthy. Google ESO stealth gear.
    This gear is cheap at guild traders, you don't need good traits or improve it as you are not fighting.
    You also hace the green CP who can reduce sneak detection by 3 meter, this is as good as the Khajiit stealth bonus.
    Ring of wild hunt is nice as it let you move faster then sneaking.

Also experience,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you build for stealth and speed can finish the heists pretty quick

the anti-stealth guards are very annoying cause of how slow they are

if the guards are anti stealth with the circles: it usually can take me up to 3 extra minutes to get through (total time of about 4-5 minutes out of the 7 or 8 available)

if the guards are just the ones that plant the anti stealth traps: i can finish the entire heist in about less than 2 minutes
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a while since I've done them, but used to do at least one a day for years. All can be done in 2 to 3 minutes under perfect circumstances, and 3 to 4 minutes just casually. You can get a bad spawn of the final boss after picking up everything you need that adds and extra minute or two.

There's either a basket or out of the way alcove you can use to get past any guard. Including all five different areas I think there's only one spot in Deadhollow Halls were you just have to hide behind a rock while a guard passes so you aren't seen even though you've been revealed (just being revealed doesn't make you lose time, only being seen).
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't done a heist (or sacrament) for looong time but I suggest you take your time, don't stress about getting detected and explore until you learn the maps, shortcuts and hidden rooms. Try to do all objectives when you know the place.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Google ESO stealth gear.

Holy hell.

In all seriousness, use the USEP maps and invisibility potions that have speed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Google ESO stealth gear.

Holy hell.

In all seriousness, use the USEP maps and invisibility potions that have speed.

i wouldnt waste mats to make invis pots with speed, its too easy to make a full stealth build with speed cap

the character i run right now is 3pc night terror, 5pc darloc brae, ring of the wild hunt, and being a vampire, ive got good stealth radius reduction, infinite stamina while sneaking so i sneak forever, and im at speed cap even in stealth
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't enjoy heists early on. The time rush, difficulty of avoiding detection, missed loot (there's plenty of it if you don't have to hurry) all made them quite unenjoyable for me. So I changed the way I think about them entirely. My objective in a heist is to ignore all time constraints as I methodically kill and loot every single thing in the dungeon. I liken it to a solo instance delve and thoroughly enjoy heists now. Really nice not having other players running around. I still get credit for the heist and some reward.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do take a good bit of practice and familiarity with the heist sites, the NPC routines, and the possible locations of the quest objectives. It's possible to complete a heist within the time limit, but I've managed to do it only a few times.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's quest related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post