The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Event variety.

stormwin
stormwin
Soul Shriven
Here to express some concern about events.

So here are my concerns and these may be a dead horse at this point.

1. Need to blend PvE with PvP events a little more. How many PvP events have we had in a row now?
2. The PvP Events we do get are too similar if not just the plain same event over and over.

Perhaps add some events that incorporate the two game play types together. Or at least offer bonuses to both types in the same event. I am sure some of us play only PvP and many others just PvE.

I apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

What good are dead horses unless we beat them?

Storm

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To begin with, there's nothing wrong with having two PVP-centric events in amidst the many PVE-centric events. There is no need to offer PVE-only players a bonus during the PVP-centric Whitestrake's Mayhem event. That's not the point of the event. And besides, there are many players who are willing to casually head into PVP zones for the event rewards.

You're correct that they were a little close together this year. So, normally Whitestrake's Mayhem is a little more spread out. It's only done twice a year, normally around January and July. However, due to the server hardware installations, it had to be delayed until May.

Yes, it's the same event, but that's kind of the thrill of PVP. The player encounters are never the exact same twice in the row.

There also used to be some more blended PVE/PVP events. However, they've erred on the side of requiring at least some PVP participation.

For the Fifth anniversary event ZOS did five weeks worth. One week, you got gift boxes only from PVP dailies. You could later get that week's costume pages on the last week of the event.

Imperial City used to have its own event in addition to Midyear Mayhem. That used to include the two PVE dungeons in that DLC. I distinctly recall lots of PVEers griping about being "forced" to do the dungeons, even though it was a PVE-only option.

More recently, Imperial City was also included in the Year One event with Craglorn and Wrothgar. However, this did not include the PVE dungeons (probably because Molag Kena was bugging out and locking runs). Imperial City dailies were still required if you wanted all the tickets, so I recall making a complaint myself about 3 events that require the same 6 dailies. Boring, and I'm a PVPer.

I don't think there's a plan for a separate Imperial City event this year, since the main draw of those events, double Tel Var, was folded into Whitestrake's Mayhem.

So in short, unless ZOS brings back a separate Imperial City event that includes the dungeons, you're unlikely to get another blended approach with a PVE-only option.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the year one celebration which last happened in 2021 has Craglorn, Orsinium, and imperial city.
    so a mixed event

unsure if that'll ever return though

it's probably more likely that the only other dlc event besides the Necrom event will be a blackwood event
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • stormwin
    stormwin
    Soul Shriven
    Just to refine my own thoughts here:

1. Need to blend PvE with PvP events a little more. How many PvP events have we had in a row now?
    To be clear here, I am not trying to detract from one or the other. I would like to see them spread out more evenly. Honestly this might mean more PvP. I understand their shifting of the Whitestrake's Mayhem event however that shift was poorly aligned. Perhaps they didn't want to shift other things to make room elsewhere.

2. The PvP Events we do get are too similar if not just the plain same event over and over.
    I feel as though the repetitiveness is just a lack of creativity and effort. I do understand the effort involved with content creation and then the subsequent testing and debugging. Other development teams seem to do better in this regard however their project may lack is something else. That is to say no game is or will ever be perfect.

My main comparison would be WoW or Rift even. They had a better variety of Events in my opinion. In the end this is just my opinion and to others it may very well stink.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you're going to get more variety in PVP Events until ZOS adds more PVP content period.

We've only got Cyrodiil, Battlegrounds, and Imperial City. Whitestrake's Mayhem celebrates all of them, twice a year.

Additionally, as a PVPer, I'd like to point out that
    ZOS is actually trying to keep Whitestrake's Mayhem fairly accessible to PVEers here. Tickets come from completing quests, which gives PVEers the option to do relatively simple quests in Cyrodiil and Imperial City, while avoiding the harder ticket options like Battlegrounds victories or capturing objectives or killing enemy players.

Consider that variety in what players are asked to do probably means more PVP-oriented activities. For example, ZOS has been running mini-event Battleground weekends where you get one game mode for increased rewards. When we look at endeavors, we see that ZOS often gets more specific, such as complete a daily in a specific town in Cyrodiil. Sometimes they require an actual PVP activity, like complete Battleground matches or Kill players in Cyrodiil. I would rather not get variety in event requirements at the expense of player choice (similar to the Endeavors being workshopped on PTS, where ZOS added variety to the pool but by requiring specific dungeons.)

Personally, the change I'd make to Whitestrake's Mayhem is that we only have to do 1 quest in order to earn all 3 tickets. That way we have the maximum number of options, allowing players to choose how they want to engage in PVP. But even though I suggest this on a fairly regular basis when Mayhem is on the PTS, ZOS doesn't seem interested. Oh well.
    Options