The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ZOS needs to do better informing us of event dates.

moderatelyfatman
moderatelyfatman
✭✭✭✭
Hello All,

I think I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say that we need more than a week's warning about the exact date events begin.

A lot of us love this game and some of us are organise activities in our own guilds around the Events. This requires us to organise and plan beforehand, with some members even taking leave from work in order to play the game.

• Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    my guess is they don't like to announce them far ahead of time in case the servers explode again and force them to delay the event. a week's notice beats the 2-3 days we used to get, hopefully over time they will push it further out.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoghorn wrote: »
    my guess is they don't like to announce them far ahead of time in case the servers explode again and force them to delay the event. a week's notice beats the 2-3 days we used to get, hopefully over time they will push it further out.

It's also likely that players like the OP would lose their minds if they scheduled vacation time to participate in an event that was announced a month ahead, and then the event was moved for whatever reason. Absolutely lose their minds.
    Options
  • Giulietta
    Giulietta
    ✭✭✭
    An event calendar linked somewhere on the homepage would be nice indeed
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the event dates are pretty easy to predict though
    especially if they put event related items in the crown store showcase

like of course we don't know officially until the announcement, but zeal of zenithar for example has event tickets in the showcase for july and we knew whitestrake's mayhem would end on july 11

and most events are not directly after other events so put a week between them and july 27 to august 8 would likely be when zeal of zenithar happens.

and if zos releases an event schedule they'll say an event happens mid or late in a month.
    mid would be like may's mayhem may 11-23

and late would be like last mayhem june 29 - july 11.

starts on a thursday and ends the second tuesday after, which has hardly ever differed.

new life festival, jester's, and jubilee are different though similarly predictable.
    new life has always started in the third week of December and ended in the first week of january.
    jester's is generally a week and jubilee is right after, jubilee has had different durations but is usually 13 days.

even if we dont get the exact dates a week before,
    they make it a little obvious when they roughly happen
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's also likely that players like the OP would lose their minds if they scheduled vacation time to participate in an event that was announced a month ahead, and then the event was moved for whatever reason. Absolutely lose their minds.[/quote]

It is too much to ask for 2-3 weeks warning would be good to do some planning?

Options
  • Lucinator
    Lucinator
    ✭✭
    agreed better communication would really be nice. We dont need specifics but even making sure the Q3 is up right at the end of June would have been nice.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoghorn wrote: »

Honestly, I don't think they know the exact dates until a few hours before they tell us. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd give us about 2 weeks notice. It's very difficult to plan for an activity when you have so little notice. If it really is starting on Thursday, that's only 6 days away.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the OP .. sometimes the event article is not posted until AFTER the event has started. They used to do a good job informing us ... dunno what changed
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, while we can infer the dates it's very difficult to plan guild events around them.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice indeed, as it is now the only way to predict events is by crown showcases which mention event tickets and past years calendars, but knowing exact dates would be so much more convenient.
    Options
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giulietta wrote: »
    An event calendar linked somewhere on the homepage would be nice indeed

I’d much rather have this in game in the games toolbar. Something we can open and see in game. Or worst case the launcher but that’s less usable on console.

Agree though just having a calendar to detail out all the events would be much better.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is Zenithar even coming this month? It was teased in CS showcase and no news still... this week is last Thursday of this month.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Is Zenithar even coming this month? It was teased in CS showcase and no news still... this week is last Thursday of this month.

why wouldn't it?

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

why wouldn't it?

Because there is still no official announcement :/
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

why wouldn't it?

Because there is still no official announcement :/

Just assume it is going to launch Thursday. Events almost always launch Thursdays, and Zenithar was slated for July. With the 27th being the last Thursday in July, it is a safe bet that the even will start then.

An announcement isn't really going to change those trends or details. And the worst that can happen is the event doesn't start Thursday and they announce that it is now an August event.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, it is announced :)
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, a bit late, though. If I invited friends to a party, and only sent the invites out 2 days before, somehow I doubt I'd get many attendees.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Yes, a bit late, though. If I invited friends to a party, and only sent the invites out 2 days before, somehow I doubt I'd get many attendees.

you only have to turn on eso to attend the party instead of having to physically go to someone's house though.
    like ten minutes per event day to get the tickets as well

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a fair number of people who do not play every day here and might be doing other things. They will come back for certain events but not otherwise. They might appreciate a heads up. Or their guildmasters would appreciate it so they could ping all those folks who might want to make other arrangements to be her.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options