The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvE Carebear Named Grand Overlord (and Empress)

Ilsabet
Ilsabet
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In a questionably strategic move that has been described as "probably an act of desperation" and "High King Emeric cronyism at its finest," the Daggerfall Covenant has appointed nominal Champion of the Covenant Ilsabet Menard to the rank of Grand Overlord in recognition of her persistent willingness to fling herself into the Cyrodiilic meat grinder.

The surprise promotion was greeted with mild bemusement from Covenant forces and foes alike.

"Wait, who? You're not talking about that chick who writes the Darien Gautier fanfic, are you?" commented an Ebonheart Pact brigadier who subsequently requested anonymity. "I mean yeah sure I've read her forum thread, but does she actually do pvp?"

"Is DC giving out participation medals now? lmao scrubs git gud," remarked a centurion from the Aldmeri Dominion. "I mean if she's got that much AP okay, but has she ever actually killed anyone???"

"I think I saw her burning a Pact camp once," said a Covenant lieutenant who also thought he might have been in a party with Ilsabet at some point. "Whoever it was cloaked away really fast afterward though, so it was kind of hard to tell."

"Uh yeah she actually rezzed me a couple times at a recent siege," recalled a Covenant tyro. "At first I thought it was funny to see a stamblade running Siege Shield and Purge instead of actual offensive abilities, but I learned my lesson after that third or fourth flaming rock hit me in the face."

Multiple alliance war combatants noted that Ilsabet is a Master Angler, and in the words of one hardened veteran, "you just don't want to mess with someone that hardcore." At the same time, Pact and Dominion barracks have seen a surge in optimism that the achievement for killing a Grand Overlord is about to get way easier.

But it's not just the rank-and-file who may or may not have taken notice of the Covenant's rising star.

"Of course I'm familiar with the Covenant's newest Grand Overlord," said Grand Warlord Dortene, overseer of the Covenant's efforts in Cyrodiil. "Do you know how many times she's stood here pestering me to give her a specific scroll quest?" When pressed on Ilsabet's combat prowess and general qualifications, Dortene continued, "Look, orders are orders. She has the Covenant Hero title, so she must have done something for us, right?"

When approached for comment, Ilsabet could be found grousing that "no one wants to sell me cheap repairs" and wearily contemplating all the Rewards for the Worthy clogging up her inventory. When asked how it felt to receive such a prestigious honor, she stated: "You know, it's really a team effort out there. Everyone's working hard to rack up those sweet sweet numbers, and really this title belongs to everyone who's ever worn the blue. And also the red and yellow, since I wouldn't be where I am without them standing in my coldfire and murdering me when I need a blood port. You guys are the best."

Addressing rumors that her aspirations may extend to the Ruby Throne, Ilsabet muttered something about "no-lifing" and how getting things done would be easier if people would show up.

In the wake of her astounding achievement, Ilsabet is looking forward to a well-earned respite from the cutthroat battlefields of Cyrodiil, but - never one to rest on her laurels - she acknowledges that "there's still one more level to go I guess" and reckons that that'll give her something to do come next Mayhem. She was last seen betting a stack of Colovian war tortes on a Tales of Tribute match and pondering how many decoy Elder Scrolls it would take to spell her name on the front lawn of Daggerfall Overlook.
Edited by Ilsabet on 4 July 2023 23:57
Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
Ilsabet's Headcanon
The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pics or it didn't happen:
    8lUD7gP.png

TmxL4KO.png

4RWskDo.png

T7PEWBt.png
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats, i just got my first rank 49 toon after the previous mayhem event

i wouldnt call myself an expert pvper either, just that ive been playing a long time lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i wouldnt call myself an expert pvper either, just that ive been playing a long time lol

Persistence pays off. :sunglasses:

My Alliance War Volunteer achievement is dated 4/23/16, so yeah it's been a long haul. :D

I do think it's pretty great that people can "get somewhere" in Cyrodiil pvp even if they're not super elite master flexers. Which is part of why I felt like making this thread to flex. :D
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hah, amazingly well written, nice job! Also congrats on getting through that slog!
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, it's a really big achievement, and it takes a long time to get. Also: FOR THE COVENANT! :smile: I got mine two Mayhems ago, on a PvE character as well, my templar healer who generally was in PvE gear, partly out of laziness to make a different build, partly out of stubbornness to see if it was possible, and thankfully it's possible, especially with the torte buffs we have nowadays. Enjoy your title!
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Congratulations, it's a really big achievement, and it takes a long time to get. Also: FOR THE COVENANT! :smile: I got mine two Mayhems ago, on a PvE character as well, my templar healer who generally was in PvE gear, partly out of laziness to make a different build, partly out of stubbornness to see if it was possible, and thankfully it's possible, especially with the torte buffs we have nowadays. Enjoy your title!

Yeah I technically have a "pvp set" that I put together years ago, not meta at all but hey it's impen, but I do a lot better in my standard Briarheart/VO set that I also put together years ago, so I generally just stick with that. :D

And tortes are indeed the best. I think I was into the 40's before I realized they counted for alliance rank and not just the skill line, but I'd still be way behind without them.

My other goal for this Mayhem was to finally make a push for the Emperor achievement. I've been working hard and have a pretty huge lead on the leaderboard, but it's been a lot of waiting around for DC to show up and try to take keeps and then herding cats when they do. :D So if any DC folks want to come zerg down Evergloam, you'll be very welcome.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos! That was fantastic to read and had me laughing ! Congratulations on your promotion!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Persistence pays off. :sunglasses:

My Alliance War Volunteer achievement is dated 4/23/16, so yeah it's been a long haul. :D

I do think it's pretty great that people can "get somewhere" in Cyrodiil pvp even if they're not super elite master flexers. Which is part of why I felt like making this thread to flex. :D

my volunteer achievement is like june 2014, but with the acct wide achievment that is tracking from my main toon, i didnt actually make my NB that i ranked up to pvp rank 49 until a few years later

the closest i remember is that toon got my first emp in 2019, and was rank 15 at the time, so i went from rank 15 to rank 49 in a period of 4 years lol (the majority of which was likely earned in mayhem events, and some of it prior to the war torte, though the war torte definitely made a huge difference)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! More so because you wear the Blue. ;)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love first, War last !
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😂😂 congratulations!
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breaking News:

In a stunning display of showing up and getting things done, the Daggerfall Covenant has elevated recently-appointed Grand Overlord Ilsabet Menard to the Ruby Throne of Cyrodiil.

The Covenant's conquest of the six foreboding keeps encircling the Imperial City came after three days of tireless effort on the part of the incipient monarch, as she supported the Covenant on her own or accompanied by one or more stalwart companions. In the face of unrelenting pressure from the hostile Pact and Dominion, prospects were bleak and hope often dwindled; but Ilsabet did her best to maintain a positive vibe, encouraging her compatriots with frequent rallying cries of "scroll check."

Thus buoyed by the power of friendship and inspired by Ilsabet's dedication to the grind, the embattled denizens of the Covenant at long last came together to rain fire and stone upon the ring of bastions in which their enemies had remained comfortably entrenched. While some smashed doors with rams or trebs, others wove healing magic or turned weapon and spell against stubborn defenders. Farther afield, others made such notable contributions as wiping interlopers at previously-taken keeps and troll-sieging Drake and Sej.

The literal crowning moment of awesome followed a heated struggle for Blue Road Keep, after the full might of the Covenant swept through Sejanus Outpost and bolstered the beleaguered advance unit that had until a short time earlier kept a contingent of defenders busy while the main ranks conquered the hotly-contested Castle Alessia. Undaunted by the enemy's desperate barrage of coldfire, flaming oil, and diseased meat, Ilsabet and her trusty Siege Shield carved a path into the heart of Blue Road Keep, and she and those who had rallied to her cause found surprisingly little resistance as they stormed the inner flags. And then, unbowed and for once unbombed, the Covenant crowned its very first emperor of the Evergloam campaign.

The jubilant victory celebration rang across Cyrodiil, as all of the blood, sweat, and angst of the previous three days coalesced into relief and elation that the seemingly-impossible had been achieved. Eager to see their new monarch in action, the triumphant Covenant forces entreated Empress Ilsabet to read her new skill line tooltips and lead them in taking a few more red keeps just for fun. The Covenant also rescued both of its Elder Scrolls from the vile clutches of the Pact, and the night's festivities were capped off by a victory run bringing Alma Ruma home.

During her brief but memorable reign, Empress Ilsabet vowed to be "the Covenant's okayest empress" and pledged that no wall would go unrepaired on her watch. She expressed heartfelt appreciation for the many Covenant soldiers who gave their all to enable her ascension, including the ones who fought so hard the first time when they almost had it but those meaniepants bananafaces from the Aldmeri Dominion had to go and ruin everything at the last minute, and the second time when they didn't even get that far before the meaniepants tomatofaces of the Ebonheart Pact decided that they couldn't have nice things. But she has her pretty armor now so all is mostly forgiven.

Despite being pretty much a walking kill-the-emperor achievement, Empress Ilsabet remarkably remained unkilled after taking on her royal mantle, and in fact found great success shooting both coldfire and her own bow's ballista at the bad guys who came at her. She might feel somewhat sorry for depriving them of Regicide Red, except that she really doesn't after three days of dealing with their nonsense.

After leading her loyal subjects in painting most of Cyrodiil blue that fateful night, Ilsabet was unceremoniously dethroned in the wee hours of the morning when the red and yellow forces got back to their business of taking over the entire map after everyone else had gone to bed.

The following day, at least one push was made by Ilsabet's supporters to reinstate her to the throne. They tore through the ring keeps with the might of Volendrung and succeeded in restoring her lost claim, but this victory was short-lived and Ilsabet herself was present only long enough to ride frantically to the last blue ring keep, attempt to smash Dawnbreaker on the yellows on the flag, and fall heroically after being crowd-controlled and knocked on her ass right before the keep flipped. This might be seen by some as embarrassing if it weren't so hilarious.

Having attained her primary objective, the erstwhile empress receded from the limelight, taking a breather from the constant warfare and only returning to the battlefield in the guise of a humble templar. She magnanimously hoped that this would give others the chance to follow in her wake and claim glory for themselves (and also she was really tired and had other stuff going on that day). During this time another aspirant to the throne came to the forefront, and Ilsabet gallantly lent her aid to their ultimately successful bid for the monarchy. When this too was snatched away by the collective meaniepantses, Ilsabet returned to her nightbladey form, the better to enjoy rampaging around with the Covenant faithful taking whatever they could get their hands on.

This turned into an unexpectedly successful romp across Cyrodiil, as the Pact and Dominion apparently either had early bedtimes or had finally gotten bored of doing whatever they wanted. In the waning hours of the campaign, as more and more of the map fell into Covenant hands, Ilsabet found herself rapidly approaching the benchmark left by her now-absent successor. And when Chalman Keep once again took its rightful place as a DC home keep, it was Empress Ilsabet who once again took her place as rightful ruler of Tamriel.

Not content simply to regain her title, Empress Ilsabet put her buffs to work leading her subjects in a continued conquest of the Imperial province, and the pvdooring only came to an end when literally every single objective on the map was blue and every Elder Scroll rested in a blue keep. Thus satisfied with a revenge that most reds and yellows would never even see, she wished her comrades-in-arms a good night, and she will assume that her reign came to a close with the campaign itself while she was enjoying a restful slumber. (Or maybe it took several hours for AD and EP to dethrone her, but who even knows what's going on with that janky scoreboard and this is a better ending to the story so we'll go with that.)

Having retired from her official empressly duties, Ilsabet returned to the humble life of a formerly-soulless adventurer who has to save Nirn every damn time someone breathes on it. At press time, she could be found in a local tavern finally getting to eat her sandwich and quietly weeping over her unsalvageable mailbox.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pics or it didn't happen:
    (there are a lot of them)

How it started
    FhidGAq.png

dXDd7OY.png

Almost but not quite
    76GV8fr.png

OSJ8Z8v.png

Let's gooooooo
    mXe5Seh.png

aHsuAAS.png

oHeF5bi.png

Obligatory showing off
    qzYKyvv.png

89cvaVB.png

Yq1lqnZ.png

yOpYXeG.png

ee1YKBE.png

Shinies
    ZI99j4D.png

d6w3Dx0.png

lol
    ToTlK2Y.png

How it ended
    hEO9Mau.png

PrSp58o.png

ywwbXOv.png

ccKCTTN.png
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome story telling @Ilsabet !!

A tale the bards will sing about for a long time to come. Congrats on Empress and level 50. Both are a lot of effort and devotion. I for one am very proud to know you wear the Covenant Blue.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations again on your literal crowning moment of awesome, okayest Empress!

P.S. Good luck with your mailbox.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy is the head that wears the crown. At least that crown comes with the best costume in the game!

Congrats on getting Emp so close on the heels of your GO achievement. I appreciate your story telling as well.

Happy adventuring.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. It''s a long way to the top....

Love the story telling and your faction. ;)

Getting my Emp is a whole funny story....I discovered you CAN accidentally Emp!
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations again on your literal crowning moment of awesome, okayest Empress!

P.S. Good luck with your mailbox.

Much deconning was done, but I can at least see when I sold something now. :grimace:
    Reverb wrote: »
    Heavy is the head that wears the crown. At least that crown comes with the best costume in the game!

Congrats on getting Emp so close on the heels of your GO achievement. I appreciate your story telling as well.

Happy adventuring.

Yeah it was a big week. Well... more like five days. :D
    Congratulations. It''s a long way to the top....

Love the story telling and your faction. ;)

Getting my Emp is a whole funny story....I discovered you CAN accidentally Emp!

Okay now I want to hear this story.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on both achievements!

I still remember the sweat involved in getting my emp. That pot noodle and energy drink diet was nearly the end of me.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
    Options