Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rapport sources for Sharp-as-Night

• Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    I destroyed stuff worth 0 gold with him around and did not get a rapport change. I think I deconstructed stuff without rapport change but I will have to try it again just to be certain. I changed my outfit and his outfit (NOT at an outfit station) and got no rapport loss. I looted a thieves trove and no rapport change but he made a comment about it being good. I have not tried pickpocketing yet as I keep having disconnect problems.

During combat he reminded me to check my gear for repairs I got +1 for repairing gear and +1 for recharging weapon so I did.

Any food or drink will give rapport gain but I'm not sure on the cooldown. I think 30min or more.
    The cooldown on fishing (casting the line to get rapport) was ~12 to 15min.
    Not sure on the cooldown, but the first trophy fish gave +5 rapport and subsequent ones gave +1 until the cooldown was up (not sure how long) and it gave 5 again.

I could have sworn I got a +1 bonus for using the wayshrine to go to Necrom but I could be confusing him was Azander as I have been playing and not getting enough sleep because I really am enjoying PTR.

HS gave me +5 the first time and then +1 for a period of time before +5 again.

He hates ghosts so I got +1 killing ghosts/liches, etc.

While going around fishing I was attacked by a wamasu that was stronger than normal mobs (I forget the term used to describe them at the moment as my dog will not stop barking her head off right now & my cats are all climbing on me to tell me its food time). I don't know if it was because it was a powerful creature or if he hates wamasu.

I did the dungeon daily from Necrom but I think that gives rapport with Azander. Have not found a group to do the other two dailies yet.

So, my list thus far:
    Kill ghost +1 (cooldown ?)
    Kill clockwork creature +1 (cooldown ?) He says he hates automatons and mechanical enemies so I will test dwemer stuff
    Kill strong enemy Wamasu +10 (cooldown ?)
    Gather Heavy Sack +5 (+1 until cooldown is up)
    Gather herbalism node +1 (cooldown ?)
    Cast fishing line +1 (cooldown ~12-15min)
    Catch green quality fish +5 (+1 until cooldown ?)
    Eat or drink +1 (cooldown ?)
    Recharge weapon +1
    Repair armor +1

I have not done anything to lose rapport yet.

Please excuse my scattered thoughts, I need a nap. LOL.

I will report on more things once I try them out.
  • Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    I'm reporting back that when I took Sharp to Shadowfen there was no rapport change but he complained about being there and said he wanted to leave as quickly as possible.
    No rapport change from visiting any of the other places listed either.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he only has one daily quest with +125 so far? Has anyone tried any other dailies that worked or didn't work?

It sounds like Necrom Daily Delve doesn't.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    So he only has one daily quest with +125 so far? Has anyone tried any other dailies that worked or didn't work?

It sounds like Necrom Daily Delve doesn't.

I thought I saw in the Achievements that he responds to Necrom world boss dailies, not that I've been able to test it.
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I took of my ice staff during one of his quests for aesthetic reasons he seemed to dislike that. I guess because he always wants to be ready for a fight. Being vulnerable because you wear no weapons, makes sense for him.
    I kinda like his aversion to fashion though. He's a no nonsense kind of guy.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aminatu wrote: »
    I'm reporting back that when I took Sharp to Shadowfen there was no rapport change but he complained about being there and said he wanted to leave as quickly as possible.
    No rapport change from visiting any of the other places listed either.

I think this needs to be tested further. The main list states:

+4 - visiting blackwood (leyawiin)
    +4 - visiting shadowfen
    +4 - visiting Hew's Bane

So it really needs to be tested to see if your experience matches what's listed.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    When I took him to Vvardenfell on another character I got rapport gain, but not with the first one I took him with. Not sure why. I did get +125 for the hunting daily from the Ashlander camp in Vvardenfell. I already got over 1k rep mostly from fishing and gathering herbs and stuff. (Mainly fishing though because I wanted the achievement and to catalog all of the fish).
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he didnt complain about deconstructing items as far as I could see. But is that because being at station suppresses his voice line and the rapport loss display or because he doesnt mind?

there as well seems to be a cooldown on destroying stuff. (30 minutes? pretty sure it aint 5)
    Edited by remosito on 24 April 2023 07:05
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    He gets positive rapport if you take him to any hist tree (I've brought him to the one near Ebonheart). Oh, and crafting a poison gives rapport too.
    Edited by SatanicSister on 26 April 2023 14:16
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    Aminatu wrote: »

While going around fishing I was attacked by a wamasu that was stronger than normal mobs (I forget the term used to describe them at the moment as my dog will not stop barking her head off right now & my cats are all climbing on me to tell me its food time). I don't know if it was because it was a powerful creature or if he hates wamasu.

It probably isn't about killing a more powerful mob. Tried killing wamasu and gained no rapport until it dropped a trophy. Then I got a +10 rapport and Sharp said something like "Big game, big thophy". The other time I killed a random strangler which also dropped a trophy. Got +10 and a comment: "You've earned that". So I'm guessing you get +10 for getting a trophy from killing mobs (e.g. Buzzing Spine from wamasu or Lashing Tentacle from strangler in my case).
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp gains 5 rapport from resurrecting other players. This only occurs if the other player accepts the resurrection request. He also gains rapport from resurrecting him if he's KO'd. He has different lines for each but I don't know if they share rapport cooldown.

I'd also like to clarify that Sharp doesn't care about destroying certain items--I tried destroying a master writ and lockpicks and there was no rapport change. He may only care if you destroy wearable gear.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on 7 June 2023 05:41
  • LassyOfBurgundia
    I'd also like to clarify that Sharp doesn't care about destroying certain items--I tried destroying a master writ and lockpicks and there was no rapport change. He may only care if you destroy wearable gear.
    Does that include broken equipment and/or equipment valued 0 (like the equipment items you get from racks - I mean the ones that are free to take and not considered stealing)? I haven't been able to test for the past couple of days because like Aminatu when my dog isn't barking at invisible ghosts in the street, my cat is whining, plus I have the added bonus of an angry anti-gaming wife and a 10-month-old who's starting to crawl around and enjoys nothing more than either tugging at my pants or the dog's whiskers.
    • Armagne | Breton | Main | Magicka Arcanist
    • Dar'Krin of Riverhold | Khajiit | Crafter | Nightblade
    Material guardians: M'Risha the Alcookmist | La Pie Enchanteresse | Watches-the-Traits | Urag Traitholder | Lymdrenn Stylewarden
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got a +5 rapport for Sharp when I signed on. I have no idea why. I was still in the location where I had finished the quest to pick him up, so right outside Gorne. It's a dock; maybe he likes the water? There are probably fishing holes nearby - I can see one, but it's not exactly close enough to fish.

So, here's a riddle, and this is all the info I can think of. Maybe he's just happy to see me? But I doubt that's enough.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a +5 rapport for Sharp when I signed on. I have no idea why. I was still in the location where I had finished the quest to pick him up, so right outside Gorne. It's a dock; maybe he likes the water? There are probably fishing holes nearby - I can see one, but it's not exactly close enough to fish.

So, here's a riddle, and this is all the info I can think of. Maybe he's just happy to see me? But I doubt that's enough.

He gains rapport for entering a zone (i.e., exploring); this seems to happen because the cooldown expires while you're offline and logging in counts as entering the zone for the purposes of increasing rapport.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on 18 May 2023 13:51
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭

He gains rapport for entering a zone (i.e., exploring); this seems to happen because the cooldown expires while you're offline and logging in counts as entering the zone for the purposes of increasing rapport.

Ok, that's probably it. But if that's it... he sometimes gains +4 for entering zones, and sometimes +5. Does anyone know why the difference? Anyone have any idea what the cooldown is?

Also, that would be silly, for it to count as "exploring" when you sign back on after being offline for a day - in the exact same spot the two of you had been in when you'd signed off. But hey, who said it has to make sense, right?
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, that's probably it. But if that's it... he sometimes gains +4 for entering zones, and sometimes +5. Does anyone know why the difference? Anyone have any idea what the cooldown is?

Also, that would be silly, for it to count as "exploring" when you sign back on after being offline for a day - in the exact same spot the two of you had been in when you'd signed off. But hey, who said it has to make sense, right?

Well, I think it has more to do with 'arriving' in a zone, so once the cooldown expires, if you're offline and sign back in, it counts are 'arriving' in a zone. So far it seems like people reporting him gaining rapport for visiting (Vvardenfell, Blackwood, Shadowfen) are more a result of this 'exploration' aspect then the particular zone. It's nice to know that if you log out with Sharp out, that he'll give you rapport when you sign in the following day. :)
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    He also gets +125 rapport from turning in the Necrom world boss daily. I haven't checked if this is only possible once per day, but given that Isobel and Ember could only get their large bonus rapport once per day per quest, I would think it's most likely that that's the case.

On the other hand - with the new way that rapport works, it hardly seems to be a big deal if it can only be gotten once per day. I did his two "+125" quests after unlocking him, and that was enough to open up his first story quest. (On live.) Wow!
  • CallMeKismet
    CallMeKismet
    Soul Shriven
    i got +10 from finding M'aiq the Liar
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +5 (10?) visiting elden root
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    +5 (10?) visiting elden root

Sharp gets +5 from visiting a different zone, but the cooldown seems to be unknown at this point. So he will get rapport from ANY zone he visits after the cooldown.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Sharp gets +5 from visiting a different zone, but the cooldown seems to be unknown at this point. So he will get rapport from ANY zone he visits after the cooldown.

The cooldown actually seems fairly short, probably around half an hour to forty-five minutes.
    i got +10 from finding M'aiq the Liar

SPOILER_image.png

I can confirm this and he even has dialogue. Interestingly, he's much more open emotionally open when talking about M'aiq--it's as unambiguous as him saying he
    hates Sondivel.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to killing ghosts (?)
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The cooldown actually seems fairly short, probably around half an hour to forty-five minutes.

I believe it is an hour, actually. Had a 1-hr scroll running and he got the rapport right away, I then spent the next hour tracking down wayshrines throughout Tamriel, and it was after the scroll expired that he got the +5 from another zone again.
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    Got rapport for digging up a treasure chest (from treasure maps). Idk how much as I don't have an addon for that on my live server.
  • Maddjuju
    Maddjuju
    ✭✭✭
    +10 when entering the Argonian village north of Ebonheart. Comment about 'these trees' so may be due to being near a Hist tree. Went to Shadowfen Hatching Pools and he also made comment about Hist trees.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddjuju wrote: »
    +10 when entering the Argonian village north of Ebonheart. Comment about 'these trees' so may be due to being near a Hist tree. Went to Shadowfen Hatching Pools and he also made comment about Hist trees.

Sharp gains rapport from visiting Hist trees, but since there are a few zones with multiple trees, he only reacts to the ones in Bright-Throat village in Murkmire, Ebonheart in Stonefalls, and the Hatching Pools in Shadowfen.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think the +1 rapport cooldowns are too long. For his rapport gain on harvesting alchemy nodes, it's also about an hour. I could see that long for a +5, but not for a simple +1. I think 15/m would be more fair. I mean, even Bastian's rapport gain for killing cultists is like 5/m... I can usually get one with each dolmen as long as I got there fast enough to kill one of the spawning cultists.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think the +1 rapport cooldowns are too long. For his rapport gain on harvesting alchemy nodes, it's also about an hour. I could see that long for a +5, but not for a simple +1. I think 15/m would be more fair. I mean, even Bastian's rapport gain for killing cultists is like 5/m... I can usually get one with each dolmen as long as I got there fast enough to kill one of the spawning cultists.

even if those sources had 0 cooldown, it would still be just more efficient to only do the +125 rapport dailies lol

when you are talking about needing 1000s of rapport (its like 5500 rapport or so to get from "base" to "max"), the +1s, +5s, and even +10s are almost negligble, especially with these horrendous "cooldowns" on the gain

at the current cooldowns on rapport sources, doing 1 single +125 rapport daily can basically almost outstrip all other possible rapport sources in a 24 hour period even if you triggered them on cooldown
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

even if those sources had 0 cooldown, it would still be just more efficient to only do the +125 rapport dailies lol

when you are talking about needing 1000s of rapport (its like 5500 rapport or so to get from "base" to "max"), the +1s, +5s, and even +10s are almost negligble, especially with these horrendous "cooldowns" on the gain

at the current cooldowns on rapport sources, doing 1 single +125 rapport daily can basically almost outstrip all other possible rapport sources in a 24 hour period even if you triggered them on cooldown

That's great if you are intentionally trying to raise their rapport, but if you're just playing the game and not focusing on leveling their rapport, the minor gains should trigger more frequently for people that play that way.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a rapport increase when I visited Bright-Throat Village in Murkmire, not sure for how much.
    I got a similar rapport boost when visiting the Hatching wayshrine in Shadowfen, but that seemed to be generally about trees.

He liked me charging my gear for sure, heavy sacks, alchemical ingredients absolutely, and visiting the Outlaw Refuge in Necrom.