The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Indirect Necro Nerf

Aldoss
Aldoss
✭✭✭✭✭
Circumvented Fate

Casting an Arcanist ability warps the weave of fate around you, granting you and your group members Minor Evasion for 20 seconds and reducing damage from area attacks by 10%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Necro has already been gutted and had many of its skills nerfed as well as it's synergized item sets.

Now, with arcanist just around the corner, everyone in group with one will have 100% uptime on a buff that was previously very rare.

Necro, the worst PvP class at the moment, just got another 10% nerf to its only remaining useful skill.

Where's the balance in that?
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »

Necro, the worst PvP class at the moment, just got another 10% nerf to its only remaining useful skill.

Right now, the best necro spec in pvp is a werewolf. Try to play it, very enjoyable.

• ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    tough time to be a necro lover.
    same thing applies to templar, I already gave up on jabz and gonna use master dual instead.
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »

Right now, the best necro spec in pvp is a werewolf. Try to play it, very enjoyable.

If you're playing a werewolf, you're not playing a necro.
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭
    Circumvented Fate

Casting an Arcanist ability warps the weave of fate around you, granting you and your group members Minor Evasion for 20 seconds and reducing damage from area attacks by 10%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Necro has already been gutted and had many of its skills nerfed as well as it's synergized item sets.

Now, with arcanist just around the corner, everyone in group with one will have 100% uptime on a buff that was previously very rare.

I honestly think that the developers are kidding us, anyone with half a brain can see the huge imbalance in Necro and that it needs urgent help.
    They just ignore it but in a very unpleasant way, at this point I am no longer angry with the nerfs, I am angry as a person, seeing how they are capable of ignoring the community and diminishing every idea to help necro.
    It's just undignified and ridiculous.
    -Be happy ... play with magick but figth with stamina on StaminaCroll Online
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭

That's the point. If your main necro and you want pvp, go to werewolf. At last ww skills give you damage and cc, things that necro dont have...
    Edited by Afterip on 20 May 2023 22:50
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭

That's the point. If your main necro and you want pvp, go to werewolf. At last ww skills give you damage and cc, things that necro dont have...
    Werewolf is even worse than necro, I was a werewolf main when I startet PvP but forgot it even exists after u29 werewolf nerfs took away 10k penetration.
    Werewolf is the worst Necro spec.
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »

Disagree. I played both of them and ww much better. Necro can outdamage ww if pick vateshran/master duals and equip zaan or marselok, but still lack with cc and mobility.
    Edited by Afterip on 20 May 2023 23:25
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Disagree. I played both of them and ww much better. Necro can outdamage ww if pick vateshran/master duals and equip zaan or marselok, but still lack with cc and mobility.

Not the best solution, but a masters DW/vate destro can run mist form and/or RaT for mobility and fighters guild fear for a good CC.

Would be better to have in class options, but at least those skills are good for the meantime.

I've been theorycrafting a DOTcro with those 2 weapons.
    FB:
    blast bones, rending slashes, spin to win/degen, spirit guardian, fighters guild fear, dawnbreaker
    BB:
    ele sus, vigor, RaT/mist form, resistant flesh, armor buff (pull morph), goliath/undo (psijic ulti).

armor sets depends on what you want, mara's for more defense, deadly for more damage, maarselok for burst, engine guardian for more sustain/defense. (usually deadly + EG or maras + maarselok) paired with sea-serpents/DDF and 2 piece trainee.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

Not the best solution, but a masters DW/vate destro can run mist form and/or RaT for mobility and fighters guild fear for a good CC.

Would be better to have in class options, but at least those skills are good for the meantime.

FB:
    blast bones, rending slashes, spin to win/degen, spirit guardian, fighters guild fear, dawnbreaker
    BB:
    ele sus, vigor, RaT/mist form, resistant flesh, armor buff (pull morph), goliath/undo (psijic ulti).

armor sets depends on what you want, mara's for more defense, deadly for more damage, maarselok for burst, engine guardian for more sustain/defense. (usually deadly + EG or maras + maarselok) paired with sea-serpents/DDF and 2 piece trainee.

I have seen more than enough of this in my life, thank you.
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭

WW- use pounce to jumt to the targtet then use roar, done.
    You assume- mist to tartet, run to the target(only dummy will stand still, but not pvp player), then use fear near the target(wich has 5range, little bit lesser than ww's roar), done. Or you can use Rat for 30ms, but WW has passive 30mov speed.
    Also could use scythe for some of cc or vamp's mesmerize.

Well you can try it on your sorc, just remove streak and add fear and mist and you will see that;s really trash combo in pvp.

And about dw/vate. its soo annoying high damaged ***, almost everyone use it or at least use rending slash. Its number 2 disease of pvp aspect of the game. I wish i could see in the future nerf of this...
    Edited by Afterip on 21 May 2023 15:19
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astin_nds wrote: »
    Circumvented Fate

I honestly think that the developers are kidding us, anyone with half a brain can see the huge imbalance in Necro and that it needs urgent help.
    They just ignore it but in a very unpleasant way, at this point I am no longer angry with the nerfs, I am angry as a person, seeing how they are capable of ignoring the community and diminishing every idea to help necro.
    It's just undignified and ridiculous.

Agreed. After it was leaked or said in an interview or something that ZOS is aware of the secondary effect on magicka blast bones, doing more damage the more it travels, being useless after they fixed the animation and that it’s not even on their list for adjustments… I just knew necro was screwed and I took like 2 years off… just logging in to do writs, endeavors and the occasional event.

It went from my favorite class to my least. Now I am just trying to get it to GO in PvP so I can basically retire it. It’ll still be my go to for new zones and achievements so it’s a “main” but overall I’ll be picking a new class, probably warden or sorc.

They don’t care about it why should I. I want to have fun, not get frustrated constantly theorycrafting builds that “might” work.

• Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭

FB:
    BB:

What about those who want to play MAGcro, a caster with a staff and magicka class skills? What used to be considered the "purest" way of playing a class and the best way to judge a class' kit before the hybridization catastrophe.
    All the things you mentionned work even better on literally any other class, especially on stamsorc, yet it doesnt stop magsorc mains from asking for buffs instead of just playing stamsorc.
    Edited by Remiem on 21 May 2023 21:36
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    the balances will be coming quarter 3. Expect some changes both to arcanist and necromancer. If you have good suggestions post them maybe yours will be enacted.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »
    the balances will be coming quarter 3. Expect some changes both to arcanist and necromancer. If you have good suggestions post them maybe yours will be enacted.

tenor.gif

I'm kidding of course with the gif but had to, too funny. You never know, honestly.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »

Remaining updates?? The Necromancer needs a class rework. The necromancer has only one minor buff and this is the minor protector that almost every class has. Templar just does now have one button and a minor and major version of this buff. Skills do not deal damage, there are no minor buffs, the mechanics of corpses do not work adequately (the necromancer has access to the major protection buff, but no one uses it, so each templar will now use his skill that gives this buff and at the same time it is much easier for him to receive and major protection and minor protection), skills no longer adequately heal (mortal coil and ghost heal 500 per second. One swing of duals from the dragonstar arena inflicts more than both of these skills heal.), There is no synergy between skills, while three skills do not deal damage at all. Totem is the only skill that gives a minor buff and at the same time it has bugs and can be easily replaced with a skill from the guild of fighters.

The Necromancer can be easily replaced in all types of content. The famous and irreplaceable ultimate can now be exchanged for a monster set that gives a similar buff. The totem can be replaced with a skill from the guild of fighters and armor-reducing coffins can be replaced with a skill from the general skill tree that gives a similar debuff.

As a result, we have a class that does not give any advantages in the group at all, since all their skills can be replaced either by sets or in most cases by general skills. In pvp, there are no mechanics, no stuns, and almost no minor and major buffs. And the skill that gives a buff of 6 armor has the worst secondary effects in the game. Reduce the cost of one skill every 20 seconds and blastbones, which is already reduced by half.

Excellent class.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer has become disgusting to play because of such ingenious updates. And if this is your main class, then the whole game becomes vile. Since no matter how much you want to praise the game, the game starts with a mechanic class and only then comes dungeons, quests and pvp. *** in one word.
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh really? what stamblades would say when they got nerfed while already nerfed for absolute no reason because ZoS want us to reroll arcanist ????

Still waiting for a clear answer from ZoS.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭

Eliran wrote: »
    Oh really? what stamblades would say when they got nerfed while already nerfed for absolute no reason because ZoS want us to reroll arcanist ????

Still waiting for a clear answer from ZoS.

A dubious argument, given that the gameplay is the same for both sides. Skills in different morphs should be very different like a sorcerer then hybridization is a very good solution but you have a problem of many classes. And the problem is that a particular morph is stronger and you have no choice which one to take. And given that the gameplay of the NB does not change in any way, then you either take the best of all morphs, whether it be a morph for mana or stamina, or you lose.

Everyone has this problem. By the way, the main problem of NB is that no matter what you choose from the skills, the gameplay is unlikely to change from this. The only strong skill is the arrow and nothing else... This is a problem that needs to be solved...