The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Suggestion: Skill only pvp

Bobargus
Bobargus
✭✭✭✭
I was thinking about a pvp mode that only allows skills in it, and nothing else; no champion points, no gear set bonuses, just the weapons to use the skills.

In my opinion this would be fairer than even the bg's with no cp, but still allows gear set bonuses.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 3 June 2023 15:04

Suggestion: Skill only pvp 58 votes

Yes
27%
CoolBlast3birdikmmtaniacbinhoAnti_VirusJierdanitGiuliettaPterion87Cast_ElMesiteendgamesmugbachpainQuackerywilykcatLucifer9thSandandStars 16 votes
No
67%
accidentalistDTStormfoxAektannUNSekirobwolf666disintegr8fred4LuckylancerChilly-McFreezesp_korshunNelothJ18696xylena_lazarowEl_BorrachoArtim_XZabagadHamish999WoppaBoemkatorgafuentez1138 39 votes
Other
5%
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESOrpaOBJnoob 3 votes
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    That sounds to be a quite boring game mode tbh, given the fact eso isn't a fps title. Maintaining a build is a central aspect of eso's combat system.

Btw: What exactly shall "only skills and necessary weapons" mean? How should things like armor, traits, enchantments or poisons be handled?
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    That sounds to be a quite boring game mode tbh, given the fact eso isn't a fps title. Maintaining a build is a central aspect of eso's combat system.

Btw: What exactly shall "only skills and necessary weapons" mean? How should things like armor, traits, enchantments or poisons be handled?

Aside from using the weapons for skills, the weapons, or any other items or stats, will not provide anything else. Perhaps the armor passives could be added at most, but no traits, enchantments, and/or posions allowed. Just your skills, your weapon(s), and maybe armors for their passives that are unlocked with shards. Nothing else. That means as long as a player has their skills unlocked, they can literally equip a level 1 set of armor and weapons that have no bonuses whatsoever, and do just fine in this pvp mode.

Boring as it may sound, you can't deny that this pvp mode promises an equal footing for everyone. I mean, effective or not, a player can use trial gear sets in pvp, and that does not sound fair to me in the slightest. Some may find the trials easy enough to access and complete, but i do not think about this the same way as a casual player myself.

It's ESO's reliance on it's rpg aspects, in terms of doing pvp, that makes me not want to play the game at all.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    FBS94 wrote: »
    Braffin wrote: »

Aside from using the weapons for skills, the weapons, or any other items or stats, will not provide anything else. Perhaps the armor passives could be added at most, but no traits, enchantments, and/or posions allowed. Just your skills, your weapon(s), and maybe armors for their passives that are unlocked with shards. Nothing else. That means as long as a player has their skills unlocked, they can literally equip a level 1 set of armor and weapons that have no bonuses whatsoever, and do just fine in this pvp mode.

Boring as it may sound, you can't deny that this pvp mode promises an equal footing for everyone. I mean, effective or not, a player can use trial gear sets in pvp, and that does not sound fair to me in the slightest. Some may find the trials easy enough to access and complete, but i do not think about this the same way as a casual player myself.

It's ESO's reliance on it's rpg aspects, in terms of doing pvp, that makes me not want to play the game at all.

Yeah, I get what you're trying to do here and don't get me wrong: I definitely like PvP combat solely based on a player's skill in movement, reaction and so on. That's why I mentioned fps games.

I just don't think a mmo like eso can provide what you're looking for here because there wouldn't be much mechanics left to play with.

In addition to that: To even the playfield core features would have to be changed. Camera options are coming in mind for example.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This suggestion is very close to the exsisting non-cp non-proc campaigns. Unfortunately hardly anyone want to play without procsets.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe if we changed no proc to a ruleset similar to the following we could get close to what you're talking about:
    • Crafted sets only
    • max group size of 4
    • no healing those outside your group

That would preserve an element of theorycrafting that keeps it interesting while leveling the playing field.
    One major problem that would likely remain is the impact of unbalanced faction population, so that would still need to be addressed , but maybe that's a start?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I say yes.
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    FBS94 wrote: »
    I was thinking about a pvp mode that only allows skills in it, and nothing else; no champion points, no gear set bonuses, just the weapons to use the skills.

In my opinion this would be fairer than even the bg's with no cp, but still allows gear set bonuses.

We have that. It’s called no proc cyro campaign. It’s totally dead on ps. Nobody plays that.
    I think better keep things as in bg. Cp really make this game bad.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It's basically called Ravenwatch, which has become unpopular even on PC EU.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are two game modes available that fit your request, no-cp ic, and Ravenwatch campaign
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    There are enough campaigns with different rulesets as it is.

• SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would enjoy this very much. It would certainly clarify class imbalances. 😁
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP gear buffed would be interesting. They could remove base line critical resistance, and add it all to pvp gear, so you’d have good resistances with one or two pvp sets. You could still run PVE gear but would have zero critical resistance.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Based off no proc no cp campaign being the closest thing to this we currently have and it's population pretty much nose diving into near non existence I don't think you could even get a population big enough todo this
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but a LOT of players are being carried by sets... Will they learn to play without sets or would they leave the game?
    Edited by Cast_El on 18 June 2023 20:51
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    A better idea would be to have a low ping server and a high ping server. Let us 300ms+ ping players fight each other instead of being thrashed by those with super low pings.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    ESO Classic (1.5) with softcaps, dynamic ulti (and some of the core bugs fixed) would be way more fun imo.
    Class/ build/gear diversity is what made ESO fun. All of the homogenisation changes made have just made things more boring.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on 19 June 2023 14:48
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)