The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Theory crafting my new Arcanist without PTS

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, I'm deciding on what direction to take my new PvP Imperial Arcanist when Necrom drops on console.
Obviously I cannot participate in the PTS.

I'm choosing bow as my weapon. Using Lethal arrow and poison injection with Writhing Rune blades to build Crux, and I want to use a Tentacular Dread to spend the Crux. This morph deals the most damage and also Immobilizes.
But I have question... How far does Tentacular dread reach???
Can anybody with PTS experience answer this?
Edited by LittlePinkDot on 2 June 2023 03:10
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO-Hub has it as 15 meters, which is what it felt like to use for my PTS duels. It also felt like a rectangular AoE, or at least a very generous cone.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how effective it will be, but you can build crux with chakram of destiny (I am pretty sure you can build crux out of combat this way) and then go fatecarver ganking. I mean, if you are already at range with a bow, it seems a solid choice, right?
    Maybe go Oakensoul with Deadly Strike and Order's Wrath? It should be a blast to play in NoCP Cyro. 😅 The green glass cannon... 😂

Other than that I have heard that Arcanist and PvP do not go well together, because of a missing burst combo and the difficult sustain. 😓
    Maybe as PvP Healer? 🤔
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how effective it will be, but you can build crux with chakram of destiny (I am pretty sure you can build crux out of combat this way) and then go fatecarver ganking. I mean, if you are already at range with a bow, it seems a solid choice, right?
    Maybe go Oakensoul with Deadly Strike and Order's Wrath? It should be a blast to play in NoCP Cyro. 😅 The green glass cannon... 😂

Other than that I have heard that Arcanist and PvP do not go well together, because of a missing burst combo and the difficult sustain. 😓
    Maybe as PvP Healer? 🤔

Why use *** class skills? I would just use weapon skills. Like I do with my Sorc, Templar and Warden.
    Snipe was going to be my spammable.
    I'll check out that chakram skill. Maybe I can drop Rune blades all together and slot Acid spray.

I could ignore the gimmicky crux mechanic entirely if I wanted to and use only weapon skills.
    Dual wield with Whirling blades, quick cloak and shrouded daggers is another option.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on 2 June 2023 21:23
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tentacular dread looks to be the only damaging skill worth using unfortunately.

But weapon skill lines can always fill in the gaps.