The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't continue Main Quest - not in Journal ??

yarskiss
yarskiss
Soul Shriven
So... I came back to ESo after 3 yrs and thought I'd like to play Main Quest again where I left off.... But can't find the quest in Journal - in Achievements I've completed "Council of the 5 Companions 5.5" . All the Dudes and Lyris are in Harporage but don't respond to my screaming and yelling... I have an open quest "the Army of Meridia" in Coldharbour - is that the continuation to Main Story? I'm only Level 37 so that could be a problem too ? Read somewhere that you must be at lvl45 for the remaining quests...

Any help and info would be appreciated, thanks,
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 27 June 2023 18:51

Best Answer

• Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "army of meridia" isn't the actual mainquest but the zone quest of coldharbour.

You have to do this zone quest to further progress the mainquest tho. After coldharbour is done visit again the harborage.

Regarding your level you should be fine, as all zones are levelled since "one tamriel" and levels are in reality meaningless nowadays.
    Answer ✓
  • yarskiss
    yarskiss
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, Thanks!! I thought as much -wasn't sure. Do you have to do all Zone quests in CH?
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not completely sure about that, but think so, yes.
  • yarskiss
    yarskiss
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks very much for your quick reply! I've got plenty of time to check that out.... I an only 64 yrs - and my grandson can't play this yet but maybe I can show him someday what GrandPa did.... B)
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to help and ejoy your journey :smiley:
  • Davvy123
    Davvy123
    ✭✭
    I'm a returning player also and had to do quite a bit of reading to figure out where to start, which side quests to take or ignore until later, if I should start any of the "Prologue" quests, how to ensure that I respect the game's chronology, etc.

Insofar as the base, main ESO quest is concerned, the page linked below will tell you what to follow and accomplish. I've found this site very useful, hopefully it'll help you out as well. Good gaming!

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Main_Quest
    Edited by Davvy123 on 2 June 2023 08:01
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yarskiss wrote: »
    Ok, Thanks!! I thought as much -wasn't sure. Do you have to do all Zone quests in CH?

There are two key quests for the "Army of Meridia":
    On the west of Coldharbor: "Into the Woods" from Abandoned Pack.
    On the east of Coldharbor: "Vanus Unleashed" from Projection of Vanus Galerion.

After finishing both of them you'll be able to continue the main plot in Hollow City (Coldharbor).
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭

davvy and blood again have given you good info; beyond the stuff advancing army of meridia quest, the side quests in coldharbour will give you some npc helpers later in the zone. they are more for flavour than any practical use but it's a nice touch if you want to spend the time doing them. in later expansions, if you do the side quests before you complete the zone's main story quest, folks from those quests will show up for a big victory party when you beat the zone's main story quest. enjoy your time with the wonderfully modest and definitely very competent vanus galerion!
  • yarskiss
    yarskiss
    Soul Shriven

There are two key quests for the "Army of Meridia":
    On the west of Coldharbor: "Into the Woods" from Abandoned Pack.
    On the east of Coldharbor: "Vanus Unleashed" from Projection of Vanus Galerion.

After finishing both of them you'll be able to continue the main plot in Hollow City (Coldharbor).

Thanks, I've done those - and also "Light from the Darkness" and "Breaking the Shackle". But something i'm missing still - Groundskeeper only talks about Lights of Meridia...
    Also done few side quests around CH...

• Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I've done those - and also "Light from the Darkness" and "Breaking the Shackle". But something i'm missing still - Groundskeeper only talks about Lights of Meridia...
    Also done few side quests around CH...

If you finished both to the end:
    - Light from the darkness - told with the King in the guild and got Ayleids' Coat of Memories + 1 Skill Point
    - Breaking the Shackle - told with Vanus in the guild and got Galerion's Spare Staff + 1 Skill Point

then two of two conditions for the "Army of Meridia" should be done.
    Please make sure you don't have unfinished objectives for Coldharbor in your quest journal. If so, well, I guess it is time to turn to support.
  • yarskiss
    yarskiss
    Soul Shriven

- Light from the darkness - told with the King in the guild and got Ayleids' Coat of Memories + 1 Skill Point
    - Breaking the Shackle - told with Vanus in the guild and got Galerion's Spare Staff + 1 Skill Point

Please make sure you don't have unfinished objectives for Coldharbor in your quest journal. If so, well, I guess it is time to turn to support.

I still have "The Army of Meridia" active : Restore Hollow City. BUT - I answered to Groundskeeper to gather more forces... (or something...) so maybe I now have to do more side quests....?
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have "The Army of Meridia" active : Restore Hollow City. BUT - I answered to Groundskeeper to gather more forces... (or something...) so maybe I now have to do more side quests....?

Oh, if you've chosen to gather more forces then yes, you have to collect more Lights of Meridia.
    Please check the following locations of CH if you didn't clear them yet:
    - Haj Uxith
    - Library of Dusk
    - Moonless Walk
    - Tower of Lies
    - Vile Laboratory

I guess it could be enough to clear any one of them now to continue the main quest, but I'm not sure.
    I wish you luck
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do a few more quests and rescue some of the guys fighting against daedra out in the wilderness and you should be fine.

If you need further information you also may look on this site, if you don't mind light spoilers:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Army_of_Meridia

Btw: If you're into lore just clear the whole map, it's quite enjoyable and the more quests you do the more allies you gain for the final battle. (Quite pointless for gameplay, but you can talk again to all of them.)

• yarskiss
    yarskiss
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys, that's helpful! I'm in no rush - so more quests then.... B)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP can now continue the main quest, we will go ahead and close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.