The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Crown home furnishings are not bound? [Answered]

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭
New thread since ZOS closed the old one:

I sometimes see items (like plants) on guild traders that can normally only be bought from Housing Editor. When I check UESP or eso-fashion for their other sources, the only source is *unfurnished* but crown-only homes. Not gold.

So it seems that items from unfurnished, crown-only homes are not bound? I've never bought a crown-only home so Idk.

ANSWER: crown-exclusive home furnishings are bound. While UESP and ESO Fashion list all sources for most items, including those that are only available by Housing Editor or Legerdemain, it appears that some listings are not fully updated.

Edited by MoonPile on 3 June 2023 02:26
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    can you give examples of these furnishings?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

There are loads and most of them are plants of course, but just one I saw recently is the Elsweyr pillows — all of them; this one for example:

They are on traders & TTC.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »

There are loads and most of them are plants of course, but just one I saw recently is the Elsweyr pillows — all of them; this one for example:

those are furnishings that you can get from stealing

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh wow, surprised those two sites don't mention that then. I guess that has to be true of the other items I've seen on traders too — IF unfurnished crown-home furnishings are bound? The latter is the main question, I don't know.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, furniture from "unfurnished" houses are sellable. At least if the house was bought with gold.

It's how people get certain items like firelogs on fire, bed of coals, and some Vvardenfell furniture.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, furniture from "unfurnished" houses are sellable. At least if the house was bought with gold.

It's how people get certain items like firelogs on fire, bed of coals, and some Vvardenfell furniture.

Only asking about crown-purchased homes here. These furnishings are not available in gold-bought homes.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh wow, surprised those two sites don't mention that then. I guess that has to be true of the other items I've seen on traders too — IF unfurnished crown-home furnishings are bound? The latter is the main question, I don't know.

furnishings from houses bought with crowns are bound as far as i know.
    so it's very likely each of the furnishings you saw are furnishings obtainable through stealing from containers or npcs

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are quite a few Housing Editor Store furnishings that can be stolen in various zones. Some of us make good coin locating and selling those items, as many people refuse to pay crowns for furnishings, and many people are also rare (tradable) item collectors.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

There are quite a few Housing Editor Store furnishings that can be stolen in various zones. Some of us make good coin locating and selling those items, as many people refuse to pay crowns for furnishings, and many people are also rare (tradable) item collectors.

Yes, many of those are marked as attainable via Legerdemain on those sites or even ESO Hub. I'm guessing their listings aren't updated.

It's kind of surprising for furniture that's a few years old. That's why I wondered if — as with gold-buyable, unfurnished Manors — some crown-exclusive unfurnished items were also unbound. Items you can only get from gold homes also sell for hundreds of thousands.

But it seems the prior reason is the correct one: there's no resource that's fully updated with everything we can actually get via Legerdemain.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it seems the prior reason is the correct one: there's no resource that's fully updated with everything we can actually get via Legerdemain.

Yes, I've spent countless hours researching and acquiring rare and obscure items in ESO. There is a lot of incomplete, missing, and outright wrong information out there on the web. Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only asking about crown-purchased homes here. These furnishings are not available in gold-bought homes.

Those are bound. No matter if you buy furnished or unfurnished.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I've spent countless hours researching and acquiring rare and obscure items in ESO. There is a lot of incomplete, missing, and outright wrong information out there on the web. Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Do you happen to have a guide? Or is it sort of a "trade secret"?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you happen to have a guide? Or is it sort of a "trade secret"?

The only thing I trust is personal experience.

I've tested published theories, and experimented with ideas of my own. If I see something rare or unusual for sale, I'll research it. There's no single particular guide that I could point to... it's a collection of gleaning, testing, and experience. Someday, I might put everything together that I've learned and write it all down. But I don't expect everything to be handed to me on a silver platter, and neither do I wish to be the server. Part of the fun that keeps me playing is learning and keeping the "secrets" of the research and hard work .

The best general advice I could give is to join ESO housing groups on social media, where people discuss item acquisition and share experiences. That's been one of my best sources of knowledge. Also, if you see something rare for sale, message the seller, and see if they are willing to share any information about how they got it. I will help others on a one-to-one basis like that, and sometimes they will too. And search the pricing services and see what's currently selling for a lot of gold. That's a good way to discover items that you didn't know existed before.

Edited by Jaraal on 3 June 2023 03:06
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see anyone else mention this, so I want to add to this that there was a short stretch a couple of years ago where crown-purchased houses bugged and the furnishings that came with them were not bound. So anyone who purchased a house during that timeframe could have access to tradeable crown-only items.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BerylBones wrote: »
    I didn't see anyone else mention this, so I want to add to this that there was a short stretch a couple of years ago where crown-purchased houses bugged and the furnishings that came with them were not bound. So anyone who purchased a house during that timeframe could have access to tradeable crown-only items.

I’ve been trying to find out about this because I’ve bought unbound Imperial style furnishings maybe two years ago off a guild trader and the ones I have only come with furnished houses.