The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I got first in Battle Grounds Deathmatch!

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm pretty sure a lot of it was luck because I will not likely be able to repeat it, but still, I am happy about it. That is the best I have ever done in PVP let alone Deathmatch. Normally Deathmatch is the one I struggle with the most. The one death I had was because I was stupid and ran off from my team.
1ep6wwrcferi.jpg
Edited by zos_Izaren on 1 June 2023 06:16
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome, Deathmatch is the only mode for me!

I wish more players knew to stick together. So many groups I have been in everyone just goes off on their own and of course we lose. The one time we stuck together like glue and moved as one I got the Battleground Butcher title, I couldn’t believe it.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on 1 June 2023 05:29
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• zos_Izaren
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (BATTLEGROUNDS & DUELING).

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, Deathmatch is the only mode for me!

I wish more players knew to stick together. So many groups I have been in everyone just goes off on their own and of course we lose. The one time we stuck together like glue and moved as one I got the Battleground Butcher title, I couldn’t believe it.

EDIT: typo

@katanagirl1 I've historically been bad at PVP, so for me, this is kind of a double win. I'm still trying to find a good build I like, but I am getting a little closer. I think what I may need to do is spend some time on a target dummy to force myself to actually get good at light attack weaving. But I will have to figure that out later.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do light attack when playing PvP but it’s just a side effect of having done so much PvE. I don’t think it’s all that necessary for PvP, you don’t care as much about sustained dps as you do bursting down your targets - it’s a totally different build.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do light attack when playing PvP but it’s just a side effect of having done so much PvE. I don’t think it’s all that necessary for PvP, you don’t care as much about sustained dps as you do bursting down your targets - it’s a totally different build.

I'm slowly figuring out pvp, but my long term goal is to get emperor.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! It's nice to see happy threads pop up from time to time. PvP can be very hard. The difference between someone in good gear who knows what they're doing and someone in average gear who knows half of what they're doing can sometimes be so great that it's hard to know what exactly you're doing wrong.

But you overcame it! A very nice individual score. Good for you... Well played.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Congratulations! It's nice to see happy threads pop up from time to time. PvP can be very hard. The difference between someone in good gear who knows what they're doing and someone in average gear who knows half of what they're doing can sometimes be so great that it's hard to know what exactly you're doing wrong.

But you overcame it! A very nice individual score. Good for you... Well played.

In my case, at one time, I knew so little about anything PVP that to have any success is amazing. The first time I ever dueled someone, I was something like CP 350 and they were something like level 30, and challenged me to a duel. I found no harm in the idea, so I went ahead and accepted, and was completely destroyed. Looking back now, I had no skills, terrible gear, and an even worse skill layout. I still likely have terrible gear, but the other two are getting better.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Yeah. I had a Deathmatch last night and I was on my new max HP stamsorc. The gear is probably garbage and I'm not used to my ability bars yet. I went 5 kills to 2 deaths and felt lucky to have that. I didn't feel like I played well at all.

When it was over though somebody whispered me "gg." No clue if they had been on my team or not... But the fact somebody else thought I did okay made me feel good.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tornaad g! Check out "better scoreboard" add-on. My friend @M0R_Gaming made it for the bg community. It shows damage and healing for all participants, and class icons as well. It gives a much more accurate and overarching view of what happened in the bg.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tornaad g! Check out "better scoreboard" add-on. My friend @M0R_Gaming made it for the bg community. It shows damage and healing for all participants, and class icons as well. It gives a much more accurate and overarching view of what happened in the bg.

That looks interesting. Thank you for sharing.