The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When does the pre-order actually end?

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
just curious when the cutoff time is.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 3 June 2023 01:28
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Sunday midnight eastern time.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean east coast USA? I always find it a bit weird that many of ZOS' announcements use USA timezones, when it's a global game. I wish they'd just stick to UTC+whatever, it's so much easier to just translate that to your local time zone.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    You mean east coast USA? I always find it a bit weird that many of ZOS' announcements use USA timezones, when it's a global game. I wish they'd just stick to UTC+whatever, it's so much easier to just translate that to your local time zone.

Their HQ is located in Bethesda, Maryland. I don't find that odd at all.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever article links are shared, they are for the U.S. website. There is an international website showing the European times on it, which can be accessed in the top left of the page and changing the language to "English (Intl.)" or by changing the website address from elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/home to elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/home
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »

If you want the pre-order bonus items, I suggest ordering now by June 4th and BEFORE June 5th. Waiting until release day leaves you at risk of not receiving the pre-order bonus items. Don't be the person complaining that you ordered it 15 mintues before the end of maintenance and didn't get your "pre-order" items.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when the content releases. though it is best to buy a day before instead of a few minutes before release if you want pre order items
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the pre-order window technically goes right up to when the chapter is released (although I'm not sure if that's the start or end of the maintenance period).

But I agree with other people saying if you want to wait until the last minute it's best to do it the day before rather than trying to do it on the day even if your time zone would make that convenient.

There's no benefit to leaving it later and you run the risk of missing the pre-order window if you get the exact timing wrong or run into problems.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »

Don't be the person complaining that you ordered it 15 mintues before the end of maintenance and didn't get your "pre-order" items.

That person would have a valid complaint, as they did order before the release of the content. Which is by definition "pre-ordering"
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was supposed to be over a long time ago. Several people said they would not pre-order so they wouldn't have that awful horse and pony in their collection, as you cannot get rid of anything in that category.

That they are still trying to flog that mount means they didn't sell enough pre-orders.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »

Don't be the person complaining that you ordered it 15 mintues before the end of maintenance and didn't get your "pre-order" items.

That person would have a valid complaint, as they did order before the release of the content. Which is by definition "pre-ordering"

The only announcements I've seen state that the release is June 5th, without a specific time mentioned, so I'd presume one second after midnight is the start of June 5th and I'd want to order it before then to be safe. But, if people want to presume other things, they are free to since nobody has ever gotten burned by waiting too long because of how they intrepreted an announcement, i.e., crown sale windows.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably right up till launch.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a PSA, they took out the spore pony from the pre-order for whatever reason, so if u get it beware.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was supposed to be over a long time ago. Several people said they would not pre-order so they wouldn't have that awful horse and pony in their collection, as you cannot get rid of anything in that category.

That they are still trying to flog that mount means they didn't sell enough pre-orders.

The regular preorder bonus is generally always available until close to launch. There is an early preorder bonus that expired a while ago.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 1 June 2023 19:56
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Their HQ is located in Bethesda, Maryland. I don't find that odd at all.
    It's a global game, though, and almost all the game's players are NOT located in Maryland.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this would just make things confusing for them and people would still find reason to complain
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    just a PSA, they took out the spore pony from the pre-order for whatever reason, so if u get it beware.

That was always a bonus offer that was going to expire early. Recent chapters have had the same thing, a single item that is no longer offered past March or April so they can try to get as many pre-orders as early as possible from people who want all the bonuses.

The note about the pony was included in all the advertisements, albeit in smaller print.

https://esosslfiles-a.akamaihd.net/ape/uploads/2023/01/42d53a51757dd95df5bff082b072fd21.jpg
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

That was always a bonus offer that was going to expire early. Recent chapters have had the same thing, a single item that is no longer offered past March or April so they can try to get as many pre-orders as early as possible from people who want all the bonuses.

The note about the pony was included in all the advertisements, albeit in smaller print.

https://esosslfiles-a.akamaihd.net/ape/uploads/2023/01/42d53a51757dd95df5bff082b072fd21.jpg

I wonder how often that backfires for them? With Blackwood I deliberately waited until after the pet was removed from the pre-order because I didn't like it and didn't want it cluttering up the menu. It wouldn't surprise me if other people have done the same thing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have zero use for the mounts in this chapter or that pony. So I'll wait to buy the chapter upgrade until the morning of the 5th, and it won't be the deluxe upgrade either.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Yeah, I have zero use for the mounts in this chapter or that pony. So I'll wait to buy the chapter upgrade until the morning of the 5th, and it won't be the deluxe upgrade either.

I have multiple accounts, and for most of them, I generally wait until October-ish when the chapter is on sale and can be obtained by just providing some used gum and my worn out socks.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »

I wonder how often that backfires for them? With Blackwood I deliberately waited until after the pet was removed from the pre-order because I didn't like it and didn't want it cluttering up the menu. It wouldn't surprise me if other people have done the same thing.

Yeah, it can certainly be off-putting, either the individual item that year or the FOMO practice in general.

I think people can ask support to remove the entitlement, but it’s such a hassle and they might say no.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking the community something.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post