The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Disconnects are Really a Problem Lately

Janni
Janni
✭✭✭✭
Since I was just booted and have no better ESO-related things to do for the next 15 minutes until the server decides I'm allowed to play again I decided to come here to the forums and vent about stability issues with the server.

This is constant now. I went months - literally MONTHS with no issue whatsoever. And then about 2 weeks ago everything went to crap. It's all the time. Even when I'm just sitting in my own house doing nothing but playing dressup I get disconnected and cannot log back on for upwards of 20 minutes.

What happened? Why is it so bad lately? What needs to be addressed to fix this issue? Have the maintenance crew checked those networking ports lately cause it seems worse than ever and the last time it was even close to this bad it was because of a hardware failure that zos failed to noticed for a very long time. It's not addons. I don't even use any. It's not my internet. It's fine. It's not my router or my DNS cache or my pingpath or any of that. And it's really annoying that anytime I want to play the game I have to hope the game decides it wants to play as well because if not then I might as well not even log on. There is no point in queuing up for Cyrodiil and waiting even 10 minutes if I only get to play for another 10 before I have to wait 20 more to try again.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am rarely disconnected. Hope the issue for you is figured out and rectified.

• Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't happened for a long time, however last night a few of our group was getting disconnections frequently in GH. The problem was we also got the good old "unexpected internal error" preventing login that lasted anywhere from 3-15 min
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been happening to me more recently also. Once in Dragonstar Arena almost to the end, and many times in battlegrounds. When it happened in Dragonstar arena, another member of the group was also booted at the same time. So it wasn’t just my connection.

It does seem to have gotten worse in the last five or six weeks.