The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Extraction yielded no results

TimeViewer
TimeViewer
✭✭✭✭
I would love to know why Enchanting extraction has such a high fail rate that even when the skill and passives are maxed out it almost always fails to extract, even with the daily writ's own reward the fail rate is through the roof making the reward worthless. Same applies with every Glyph given as a quest reward, they all fail to extract.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 22 May 2023 01:57
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mundus from Protean runestones either.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play for long enough, regularly do surveys, and have ESO+ active everyone eventually ends up with 2000+ of every rune except Oko, not including the Special runes Hakeijo and Indeko. Oko tends to be most people's concern as its used in two dailies, one as the main craft and another as a side extra. Even Kuta I don't care for receiving anymore as I sit on over 3000. If you need some runes on NA PC, I'm sure I can send over a crap ton I'll never use.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s why I just sell them and get the 9 gold or whatever.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it is about a tradeskill.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you play for long enough, regularly do surveys, and have ESO+ active everyone eventually ends up with 2000+ of every rune except Oko, not including the Special runes Hakeijo and Indeko. Oko tends to be most people's concern as its used in two dailies, one as the main craft and another as a side extra. Even Kuta I don't care for receiving anymore as I sit on over 3000. If you need some runes on NA PC, I'm sure I can send over a crap ton I'll never use.

Not the point, I have played a long time, well my main has my alt account not so long. The fail rate is absurd, the fact that pretty much any glyph gained via quest will fail including the daily enchanting writ makes the reward for that quest worthless. What we get a glyph each day only to trash it? absurd.

I post things like this not just for me or to gripe about what I'm getting/not getting but newer players too, they come in, don't have a lot, then it's fail fail fail, wears on a player after a while. I've posted about this in the past but, as usual, I see nothing done, so I'll post again, squeaky wheel.

Thanks for the offer though, good looking out.
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    The fail rate is not disproportionate. For one it's the only consumable that can be deconstructed. Second, it only has 3 ingredients and only 1 of each. If you look at the ingredients in for example blacksmithing, then a piece of heavy armor with 16+ bricks of metal gives you 1 or 2 pieces back. The fact that you get something back at all from 1 glyph is more unlikely than likely.
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »
    The fail rate is not disproportionate. For one it's the only consumable that can be deconstructed. Second, it only has 3 ingredients and only 1 of each. If you look at the ingredients in for example blacksmithing, then a piece of heavy armor with 16+ bricks of metal gives you 1 or 2 pieces back. The fact that you get something back at all from 1 glyph is more unlikely than likely.

Sorry but a 100% fail rate is VERY disproportionate, the reward for the daily quest as well as any glyph found in a container will always fail, others are in the 90-95 range even with the passives maxed
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    I never try just one glyph. But I would expect it to fail nearing 100%.
    Why don't you save up say 10 and see how many ingredients you get back on average over 10 tries. Be interesting to see.

If you've every deconstructed a 160CP armor, that you accidentally created (you know the ones with 150 bricks), you know that deconstruction hurts. Enchanting may be taxed a little harder, cause it's the easiest skill in terms of variety of ingredients, number of recipes and availability of ingredients. But it's not as bad you paint it.

I do writs on 9 chars, stack the glyphs in the bank, along with glyphs found during adventuring and then decon on the one that still needs to level the skill pretty much daily. I always get some ingredients back, but I don't count how many. Nor am I worried. I have over 3k green, 1.1k potency for the 160 CP, 200-ish gold runes...900+ Ta after selling roughly 2k in the past...It's not a skill that should give anything back.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you fully invested the Enchanting Skills. Otherwise, just leveling the skill will not get yield better extractions.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deconstruct the 18 glyphs I get from daily writs on an alt account without ESO+ (So I can see the materials as they go into my inventory, not just stored in the craft bag) nearly every single day. I regularly end up with between 8-12 runes from that deconstruction.

Saying "It almost fails 100% of the time" is disingenuous. If people want to have a real conversation about the rates, please have accurate data to support it and not use hyperbole and exaggeration to "make a point".

Edit: To Add
    37 glyphs for deconstruction
    txLqAQT.png

After Runes. 11 Aspect (Jejota) 13 Potency, and 17 Essence
    wEXqQ2h.png
    Edited by tmbrinks on 25 May 2023 16:29
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Gunner19K
    Gunner19K
    If I change builds and Prismatic enchant that I created, can I get the Hakeijo back? If I apply a new enchant, does the Prismatic glyph go back in my inventory for extraction, or is it lost? If I extract a Prismatic glyph (whether I created or purchased), am I guaranteed to get the Hakeijo back, or is it RNG? I would experiment if I had a bunch of these stones, but I only have a couple so I'm asking first.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think deconning guarantees getting the Hakeijo back, it’s just a chance.

If you apply an enchant over another one, the first one is lost.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you apply the enchant to a weapon/gear/jewelry piece, there is no getting it back, period.

Deconstructing a glyph does not guarantee a rune back, and even if you get it a rune, no guarantees it'll be the essence rune (could be the potency or aspect).
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    Gnesnig wrote: »

Sorry but a 100% fail rate is VERY disproportionate, the reward for the daily quest as well as any glyph found in a container will always fail, others are in the 90-95 range even with the passives maxed

I have not come even close to a 100% fail rate. I cannot say what percentage of success/fail I see since I decon in bulk most of the time but I do get plenty of matts. I can say with certainty i see nothing even close to a 100% fail rate.

With that we only get to the deconstruction of enchantments is the only reconstruction that will yield enchantments.

Just scrolled up to read OP again and noticed @tmbrinks demonstrated with real proof from the game that decon of enchantments is not a 100% failure, or even close.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gunner19K wrote: »
    If I change builds and Prismatic enchant that I created, can I get the Hakeijo back? If I apply a new enchant, does the Prismatic glyph go back in my inventory for extraction, or is it lost? If I extract a Prismatic glyph (whether I created or purchased), am I guaranteed to get the Hakeijo back, or is it RNG? I would experiment if I had a bunch of these stones, but I only have a couple so I'm asking first.

It is a consumable. Once used it is used. You will not get enchanting materials back once it has been applied. Not when a new enchant is applied nor if the gear is deconstructed.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the fail rate is higher on white enchantments, although I do sometimes get runes back from those. If I'm questing in a delve in Cyrodiil and run out of inventory space, one of the first things I do is destroy any white enchantments I've picked up, along with any white trash gear having a value of 0 gold. That trash gear also has a very low chance of yielding anything back from deconstruction, although I do sometimes get mats back from them.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer, I am fully trained in all passives and champion points tho CP does not affect, I do that for the other decons.
    Glyphs from questing can be 100% fail, no matter what color, decon the ones from the soul line, purples, they all fail. The point was that the daily enchanting writ quest gives a glyph as it's reward, if it's white it will fail 99-100$ of the time, green rewards are about 95-98% fail, what's the point of even giving us the glyph as a "reward" then?
    Makes no sense
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer, I am fully trained in all passives and champion points tho CP does not affect, I do that for the other decons.
    Glyphs from questing can be 100% fail, no matter what color, decon the ones from the soul line, purples, they all fail. The point was that the daily enchanting writ quest gives a glyph as it's reward, if it's white it will fail 99-100$ of the time, green rewards are about 95-98% fail, what's the point of even giving us the glyph as a "reward" then?
    Makes no sense

1. Daily enchanting writs only give green glyphs as rewards.
    2. I definitively showed that they do not fail anywhere close to 95-98% of the time. I got a total of 41 runes back from deconstructing 37 glyphs, so averaging more than 1.

Your hyperbole and exaggeration is not helping your argument.
    Edited by tmbrinks on 31 May 2023 17:49
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Makes no sense

2. I definitively showed that they do not fail anywhere close to 95-98% of the time. I got a total of 41 runes back from deconstructing 37 glyphs, so averaging more than 1.

Your hyperbole and exaggeration is not helping your arguement.

You provided real information from the game that gave us definitive proof the premise presented in this thread is incorrect. That is the only real information that has been shared in this thread.

Fully agree with your comments here and thank you for doing actual work to get to the bottom of this.

• TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know what I get and it's no where near that call me a liar all you want they fail
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Makes no sense

Your hyperbole and exaggeration is not helping your argument.

Ok first off I have to say it was never my intent to mislead anyone, and, well you kind of got me mad, but you also made me take another look, I'm a stickler for the truth so now when it comes down to it I have to man up and do this,

I have 16 chars myself but tend to only use 10 on the NA server for daily writs. Day after day I'd wind up with glyphs failing over and over. I had assumed they were all from JUST the writs, for years I've done the same thing over and over and I seem to have forgotten one important fact. I don't JUST do writs, I walk a path turning them in then grabbing troves and chests then relogging and every few days I do decons. The chests are what seem to have been my real issue, not the writ rewards.

So, I am sorry for the confusion and apologize to all.

Time
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am more likely to get a Ta than anything useful of them when I extract, so while technically not a fail, it is not a success in my book.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know what I get and it's no where near that call me a liar all you want they fail

@tmbrinks provided conclusive proof that enchant reconstruction is far from a 100% proof. However, the OP has spoken of white glyphs (TA quality) and tmbrinks used jejota quality runes.

I deconstructed 10 TA quality glyphs.
    UPftZXD.png

And received a total of 11 components, 4 potency and 4 essence runs and 3 Tas.
    kwc9Ad3.png

So again, conclusive proof that the deconstruction of enchantments is very far from 100% failure.

I will also add that tmbrinks received 41 from 37 glyphs. That is the total material pieced yielded is 110% of the total glyphs deconstructed. My smaller sample yielded the same 110% results and a fairly similar spread where the jejota and ta were not the heavy majority of materials received.

Far from a 100% failure.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with everything else in the game that's determined by RNG, the success rate and failure rate when deconstructing glyphs can vary a great deal at times, making it seem (based on one's isolated and limited experiences) like it always fails or always succeeds depending on one's luck.

There have been plenty of threads where players griped about how long it had been since they last got any Heartwood from a Woodworking node, or how long they'd been grinding for a specific lead with no success, etc., etc., to the point where they were thinking that there must be some kind of bug. This thread really isn't so different than those others.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    I really am wondering if OP is deconsructing each glyphy by itself. One by one, not grouped.