The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Build Help: Judgement of Akatosh

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to work on a niche build for a stamsorc. I thought the new rewards of the worthy set would be worth testing out on a sorc that stacks max HP and uses Hardened Ward.

So... Nothing fancy, I've got Judgement of Akatosh heavy reinforced chest, legs, and 3 triune jewelry. Active on both bars obviously. Gaze of Sithis mythic head piece, and was going to backbar clever alchemist with front bar being a Maul of Merciless Charge.

I think that all makes pretty good sense. Lots of HP, decent weapon damage. What I'm a little lost on honestly is what skills I should use. I don't even know what clever alchemist weapon I should get for my backbar. Sword and shield would be another HP enchant but since I'm not going to be blocking I was thinking bow might be better.

Anyway... All ideas are welcome. What do you guys think? Should I spam wrecking blow and executioner or would it make more sense to use more sorc skills?
  • Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭
    Decon fodder set, the stun is blockable.
    Why would you even waste a 5 piece bonus on a very telegraphed stun (with a 15 s cooldown) on the class with the best AoE stun of the game?
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree that Akatosh looks very underwhelming. But the idea of stacking lots of health is getting very popular with sorcs and I've def seen some super tanky ones since the last patch so you are on the right track there. You could simply use something like Plague Doctor's. Or even go the way of the proc damage set. Way of Fire and Poisonous Serpent are both pretty good. And Vateshran's destro staff has always been a great option. Pressure seems to be taking over Cyrodiil lately.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a decent set, won some fights with it on my necro, but it wouldn't benefit a class that already has a good stun, aka sorc. Only worth on classes that don't have the bar space for turn evil or head/shoulder slots open for sellistrix. What I did like about judgement of akatosh is that it latches onto whoever you proc it on, , i've stunned whole groups after crit rushing one guy and that one drags the proc back into his group and stuns everybody and me or my group follow up with ults. Also, even though the stun is blockable very few people actually know when to block it because very few people know what the set proc looks like.
    Edited by Akinos on 22 May 2023 05:28
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty much what I was thinking.

I was thinking it might be decent in larger fights, using a little bombard spam in conjunction with this set and possibly dropping some clutch negates.

Either way, I'm not going to be using streak. If I decide to use that skill at all it'll be the other morph.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set is best used on a class with it's on gap closer that doesn't stun.
    Try dk or nb.
    You're going to run 2 gap closers, 1 on back bar where akatosh would be (stampede) and 1 on front bar where rush of agony would be (chains of devastation / ambush or lotus fan).
    You stampede in, cast 1 or 2 abilities, then do your rush pull so it pulls people just before they get stunned. Ult as it all goes off.
    This is the only way I see this set as decent on 1 character. Obviously you can try to run it in a group coordinated set up with someone else on rush.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that sounds about right to me too @gariondavey.

The only reason I have it on both bars is because I'm using Sithis. Couldn't really figure out how to make it work on only one bar. And the proc of course will be useless but for every 15 seconds... But the additional armor on the 5-piece won't be.

Anyway, I understand people arent real keen on my idea to use it on sorc and I understand why. But again, I'm going to be using the maelstrom 2h with crit charge or stampede. I don't plan on using streak at all and if I do it'll be the ball of lightning morph. So the duplicating stuns won't be a problem.

My plan for a more 1v1 type scenario is probably to crit rush in, start a wrecking blow, and then go for an Onslaught while the stun is taking effect then hopefully finish the slowed target off with an executioner. Assuming I can apply some kind of pressure on my backbar with curse and poison injection.

For battlegrounds and large cyrodiil battles I might just assign myself to bombard spam and negate duty.

I understand peoples' feelings... And you're all probably correct. Nevertheless I want to try! So any advice on what weapon to use backbar would be appreciated as well as what skills should I prioritize getting on my bar.

The gear is set in stone... It's a build I want to try. I like trying to make use of unpopular setups.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway.... I hope I don't sound unappreciative. I understand what I'm being told and I even kinda agree. But this idea sounds different to me, and therefore fun, and I'm looking for help pulling it off more than I'm looking to change it.

So if anyone has any advice along THOSE lines, that's what I'm really after :)
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you could use Dark Convergence or Rush of Agony with it and spam AoE skill. Maybe use detonate?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I think rush of agony would be a perfect pairing since it seems to not grant CC immunity. Buuuut... Doesn't anyone have anything to say about the way I should set my bars up? I haven't played sorc in a while.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    2h: curse, stampede, DS, executioner, crit surge -- DBOS
    Dw: quick cloak, vigor, dark deal, BoL, hurricane -- UNDO or Atro.

* If you can forego an execute add camo hunter instead. And if you want to lose BoL id place crit surge on back bar and add crystal shard, crushing weapon, or bound armaments front bar.

** I know you had bow, but I feel like in this meta evasion is 100% necessary
    Edited by Metemsycosis on 27 May 2023 19:59
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h: curse, stampede, DS, executioner, crit surge -- DBOS
    Dw: quick cloak, vigor, dark deal, BoL, hurricane -- UNDO or Atro.

* If you can forego an execute add camo hunter instead. And if you want to lose BoL id place crit surge on back bar and add crystal shard, crushing weapon, or bound armaments front bar.

** I know you had bow, but I feel like in this meta evasion is 100% necessary

Actually I like that quite a lot! I'm going to start there I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your input and sorry it took me a while to respond.

Only thing is I will want to be using Hardened Ward. So... Yes I'll try it without an execute at first, but try to get crit from potions.