The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a viable HA build without oakesn soul

YetAnotherLinuxUser
YetAnotherLinuxUser
✭✭✭✭
That's right WithOut oaken soul. Some people just don't scry. Some one has an option?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 15 May 2023 17:57
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you search I rmemeber someone describing one. I think it was sergeants mail and queens elegance as the sets. I cant remember all the details
    Soupy twist
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are several HA builds that existed before Oakensoul and are still viable. Here are four from one website alone.

Warden Healer: https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/builds/eso-magicka-warden-healer-build

Magicka Sorcerer with and without Oakensoul: https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/builds/eso-magicka-sorcerer-solo-group-pve-build-shock-master

Stamina Nightblade: https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/builds/eso-magicka-nightblade-heavy-attack-build-power-blade

Another Magicka Sorcerer that doesn't use Sergeants Mail: https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/builds/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pve-dps-build-volcanix

Just search for "Heavy Attack builds ESO" in the browser of your choice and most of the popular sites will have several that don't use Oakensoul. As long as it's not called a "One Bar" build it likely won't use Oakensoul. But there are some one bar builds that also don't use Oakensoul, even though they are very rare and few.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on 15 May 2023 14:41
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, as long as you are getting a source of Empower, you can basically follow any two bar guides, with a few adjustments, to convert to a HA build.

A perfectly reasonable approach for a pet sorc would be something like: 5 Whorl, 5 Nirn, 1 Slimecraw, 1 Mora.
    Then run mage light for your empower source. With a bar setup that could look like the following:

FB:
    Matriarch
    Scamp
    Prey
    Bound Armaments
    Magelight
    Dawnbreaker

BB:
    Matriarch
    Scamp
    Crit Surge
    Hurricane
    Bound Armaments/Trap
    Storm Atro

Keep Magelight and Prey up on cooldown. Only use Storm atro ultimate, dawnbreaker is for passive damage only.

It isn't going to perform as strongly as an oaken setup, but it is going to be fairly solid. And there are a lot of spots to flex here too, to lower the number of skills to use.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Auldwulfe had some posted here or there. I remember seeing an interesting one with queens elegance on one of the THOUSAND HA threads. Good luck on narrowing THAT down and finding it though. But perhaps they'll be kind enough to re-state it here.
    Edited by Lumenn on 15 May 2023 15:03
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have a skill that grants empower (DK, templar):
    sergeants Mail, second set: new moon accolyte or Torugs Pact.

If you have a class without (good) empower (sorcerer, nightblade, necro):
    sergeants mail, second set: queens elegance (named "elegant" now in guildstores if you search it there), or a newer one from a HighIsle/Galen dungeon, I think it is called rage of Ursauk or so.
    Alternative: level to mages guild 10 for a passive skill that grants 10 seconds of empower when you cast a mages guild skill, so you don't need a set that grants it. I prefer a set, as I need my slots for other skills.

I use these combined with the monstersets Sellistrix (for mobs) or slimecraw (world bosses) in PVE. In very rare case I use mighty chudan for more armor, but only on extremely hard bosses.

There are other options to Torugs Pact or NMA, in general any good damage set.
    I also tried a second HA set like undaunted unweaver or undaunted infiltrator, but had less good results using those.
    You might select the best with this formula:
    if you are below 7000 spell penetration (using the lover mundus): use a set that helps to reach the 7000.

If you have 7000, you are pretty free in the choice of sets and can choose them to finetune your crit chance or max damage, or simply for a cool effect like mad tinkerer.

I don't play trials, and avoid DLC dungeons, but solo worldbosses.
    In basegame vet dungeons, nobody complained yet. But of course you do less damage than with oakensoul, that gives you 6 or 8 buffs.
    In trials with group buffs, other sets might benefit you more.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 15 May 2023 15:38
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before listening to anyone not even playing endgame stuff:

- Sergeants Mail, it's still the best HA set in game
    - Storm Master will be okay even after U38, but you need to constantly attack to keep it up. Noble Duelist is a good substitute and can help if you struggle with ArPen, you just need to stay close every other HA
    - Pillars of Nirn will most likely be the new Medium Armor substitute after U38, the damage loss compared to Storm Master is minimal. Just not good for many fights in very quick succession due to the cooldown
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. That's a lot to chew on... Much appreciated
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar fits well.
    • Blazing Spear gets you Burning Light, and generally hits hard.
    • Reflective Light covers your Major Prophecy and Minor Sorcery.
    • Degeneration gets you Major Sorcery and the all-important Empower.
    • Wall of Elements and Elemental Susceptibility get you Major Breach and Off-Balance.
    • (Solar Barrage could give you Empower instead, along with Minor Sorcery.)
    • (Power of the Light/Purifying Light could give you Minor Breach and Minor Sorcery.)

A strict rotation of once every 4 heavy attacks could let you fit the essentials in. Getting some of your buffs from potions instead could make things easier.

Or just go DK. Buff coverage is great, putting less pressure on your use of skills to grant otherwise missing buffs.

Use the same 5-piece sets you'd use if you were running Oakensoul.
    Since you don't use mythic items, add a monster set you like as well.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on 19 May 2023 17:40
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as others noted, you basically can use the same gear as you would with oaken, except you could use a full monster set

or if you wanted to change it up a little you could drop the monster set entirely and go with an arena weapon

the easiest way i could think of to use a HA build without oaken

sergeant + (i think) undaunted infiltrator (the one that uses a magicka skill to grant the HA bonus)

then you could use a mages guild skill for empower and the HA bonus, you would have to cast the mages guild skill every 10 seconds anyway for empower, and the duration on the undaunted set is also 10 seconds, so 2 birds 1 stone

then you could use almost any monster set or arena weapon you want to fill in the slots

the maelstrom destro could give you decent dmg, and a visual indicator of your buffs, if you use unstable wall of elements that lasts for 10 sec so after that explodes you know its time to refresh your other empower buff with mages guild
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as others noted, you basically can use the same gear as you would with oaken, except you could use a full monster set

or if you wanted to change it up a little you could drop the monster set entirely and go with an arena weapon

sergeant + (i think) undaunted infiltrator (the one that uses a magicka skill to grant the HA bonus)

then you could use a mages guild skill for empower and the HA bonus, you would have to cast the mages guild skill every 10 seconds anyway for empower, and the duration on the undaunted set is also 10 seconds, so 2 birds 1 stone

then you could use almost any monster set or arena weapon you want to fill in the slots

the maelstrom destro could give you decent dmg, and a visual indicator of your buffs, if you use unstable wall of elements that lasts for 10 sec so after that explodes you know its time to refresh your other empower buff with mages guild

Good suggestion, as it goes in detail and is not simply a "Before listening to anyone not even playing endgame stuff", that ignores that without Oakensoul you have no empower.

I had the same thought as you, and indeed tried it a while ago. I was not satisfied enough though with undaunted inflitrator, so tried the other sets mentioned in my first reply. I guess the reason is the missing penetration, as it is medium armor. NMA and Torugs Pact are craftable, so you can equip 7 light armor pieces in total, though for harder fights I prefer 2 heavy + 5 light. This way I reach 7k pen, which seems to make the difference.
    Another issue is, that it depends on the content. In a well setup group with a good tank, a DD can focus on keeping up the rotation, so he will be able to keep empower up. In solo worldboss fights, this can be far more difficult, as you often need to run or dodge. For this reason I prefer to get Empower from a set, or from a skill that lasts 20 seconds. My favourite setup currently is a dragonknight, who has molten armaments for this buff, and that adds major sorcery/brutality in addition.

Nevertheless I would recommend to try the setup you suggested, too, as in the end personal playstyle and content might be the deciding factor for the one or other choice.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 16 May 2023 20:54
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good suggestion, as it goes in detail and is not simply a "Before listening to anyone not even playing endgame stuff", that ignores that without Oakensoul you have no empower.

I had the same thought as you, and indeed tried it a while ago. I was not satisfied enough though with undaunted inflitrator, so tried the other sets mentioned in my first reply. I guess the reason is the missing penetration, as it is medium armor. NMA and Torugs Pact are craftable, so you can equip 7 light armor pieces in total, though for harder fights I prefer 2 heavy + 5 light. This way I reach 7k pen, which seems to make the difference.
    Another issue is, that it depends on the content. In a well setup group with a good tank, a DD can focus on keeping up the rotation, so he will be able to keep empower up. In solo worldboss fights, this can be far more difficult, as you often need to run or dodge. For this reason I prefer to get Empower from a set, or from a skill that lasts 20 seconds. My favourite setup currently is a dragonknight, who has molten armaments for this buff, and that adds major sorcery/brutality in addition.

Nevertheless I would recommend to try the setup you suggested, too, as in the end personal playstyle and content might be the deciding factor for the one or other choice.

yeah theres a ton of options

DK/templar have built in easy access to long duration empowers which would be more useful than mages guild

if your running a dk/templar and not using mages guild you could use noble duelist if you didnt mind being in melee range to proc it (technically it also has a higher HA dmg boost than undaunted infiltrator)

using the perfected maelstrom staff, or certain monster sets can add a little extra pen back in

the pen question also matters different too depending on if you are solo/grouped and what type of group (such as trial, where most cases the enemies are going to be heavily debuffed)

i was theory crafting a non-oaken HA setup using undaunted infiltrator + sergeant on a necromancer, havent decided on a monster set or arena weapon, but if i went arena weapon i was thinking of doing a separate front and back bar, so treating it as 2 distinct 1 bar setups

1 bar being a lightning staff focusing on a blastbones weave and the other bar being a resto staff, so i could still have support and healing (i could effectively play both a dps or a healer with this setup)

using arena weapons you could have a ton of versatility too for single slots
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    @Auldwulfe had some posted here or there. I remember seeing an interesting one with queens elegance on one of the THOUSAND HA threads. Good luck on narrowing THAT down and finding it though. But perhaps they'll be kind enough to re-state it here.

If I recall correctly it was queens elegance + sergents mail + monster set of choice for the basic build.

Skill bars were something like
    FB:
    twilight, scamp, prey, camo hunter, crit surge + dawnbreaker (for the passives)
    BB:
    hurricane, twilight, scamp, wall of elements, elemental susceptibility + overload (toggle this on then switch to the front bar to HA with overload when off balance is up and also gain the passives from fighters guild thanks to DB being on that bar)

Ele sus can be swapped for hardened ward if you need additional defense or barbed trap if you want minor force + another DoT or race against time for minor force + major expedition. Tormentor gives more damage but matriarch gives a good burst heal for solo and harder content.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many great replies! TY all!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With 2 bars I'd have the 2 5-piece heavy attack sets active on both bars. So that leaves room for a monster set or 2 arena weapons.

In addition to the ideas in my previous post about classes I'd add Magicka Warden. Magicka Birds, Magicka Shalks and Green Lotus are loaded with buffs, debuffs and healing. You could also get Minor Berserk and Minor Vulnerability from Animal Companions skills that also give you crit damage bonus.

Birds deserves special attention. Off-Balance is a powerful debuff when you're heavy attacking.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on 19 May 2023 09:15
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The advantage of the Oakensoul Ring is in that it allows you to reduce your rotation to a point where you can heavy attack weave. And compensates you with a plethora of buffs at the same time.

That's all because of the timers of your abilities! With a heavy attacking build, your one GC with Light attacks becomes a 3GC. That means, if you intend to use six abilities, all of your abilities need to have 18s timers on average. So with some abilities/buffs having ten second timers and one a six second timer, you are going to have to light attack in between.
    Or you accept incredibly high downtimes of your abilities and buffs.

You will eventually reach a point where you will ask yourself why you only make three heavy attacks per 30s rotation.

I dont get it...

Edit: removed personal comment.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 21 May 2023 11:12
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bah. Why the Oakenhate? It is totally unwarrented.

The advantage of the Oakensoul Ring is in that it allows you to reduce your rotation to a point where you can heavy attack weave. And compensates you with a plethora of buffs at the same time.

That's all because of the timers of your abilities! With a heavy attacking build, your one GC with Light attacks becomes a 3GC. That means, if you intend to use six abilities, all of your abilities need to have l 18s timers on average. So with some abilities/buffs having ten second timers and one a six second timer, you are going to have to light attack in between.
    Or you accept incredibly high downtimes of your abilities and buffs.

You will reach a point where you will ask yourself why you only make three heavy attacks per 30s rotation.

I dont get it...

the "Bah. Why the Oakenhate? It is totally unwarrented." thread must be the next one over.. This thread is not for that. This thread is for options without using oakensoul. TY and have a wonderful day.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The advantage of the Oakensoul Ring is in that it allows you to reduce your rotation to a point where you can heavy attack weave...
    ... This thread is not for that...

Why not? An open discussion should always include both sides. Ideally all sides.
    The Yea and the Nay.
    The pro and the contra.
    The for and the against.
    And the middle ground.

If anything, one should know what one is giving up instead. And knowing the downsides of a build always helps improving one's gameplay with that build. The success and the fun, too.

And I'd say not being able to heavy attack weave and being forced to juggle so many abilities, with light attacks in between, for no apparent advantage, is the equivalent of cutting into one's own flesh.

Maybe someone gets an idea on how to circumvent that?
    This is what critical feedback is for, in my opinion. Inspiration for improvement.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 20 May 2023 08:30
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭
    The advantage of the Oakensoul Ring is in that it allows you to reduce your rotation to a point where you can heavy attack weave...
    And I'd say not being able to heavy attack weave and being forced to juggle so many abilities, with light attacks in between, for no apparent advantage, is the equivalent of cutting into one's own flesh.

This is what critical feedback is for, in my opinion. Inspiration for improvement.

With something like this (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=537062) you wouldn't have to spent a lot of time on the back bar light attack weaving to keep buffs up, and could instead spent most of your time heavy attacking on the front bar while keeping up the Empower buff (by casting Inner Light after switching to the front bar), Deadric Curse and Barbed Trap once every 20 seconds. Of course it's less optimal than just using Oakensoul, but it's not unworkable.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    With something like this (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=537062) you wouldn't have to spent a lot of time on the back bar light attack weaving to keep buffs up, and could instead spent most of your time heavy attacking on the front bar while keeping up the Empower buff (by casting Inner Light after switching to the front bar), Deadric Curse and Barbed Trap once every 20 seconds. Of course it's less optimal than just using Oakensoul, but it's not unworkable.

Its not a bad idea. I have a couple ideas.

Using Elemental Blockade instead of Unstable Wall will improve frontbar uptime. And isnt too much of a dps letdown.

You probably have to use two pieces of Sergeant's Mail on the body, so that its five piece bonus is active all the time. If not, it will fall off on the backbar. Even just barswap, light attack plus one ability and then barswap back to frontbar will cost you two stacks of Sergeant's Focus, at least.

Two heavy armor pieces would coincidently be raising the armor value and serve as a boost to survivability. Also the Noble Duelist's buff has a long duration and will be up on the backbar, even if the 5piece bonus is not active on the backbar.

I would probably use Scalding Rune or Structured Entropy to proc Empower. They are cheaper and have more beneficial effects. Or not?
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 20 May 2023 11:22
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Using Elemental Blockade instead of Unstable Wall will improve frontbar uptime. And isnt too much of a dps letdown.

You probably have to use two pieces of Sergeant's Mail on the body, so that its five piece bonus is active all the time. If not, it will fall off on the backbar. Even just barswap, light attack plus one ability and then barswap back to frontbar will cost you two stacks of Sergeant's Focus, at least.

Two heavy armor pieces would coincidently be raising the armor value and serve as a boost to survivability. Also the Noble Duelist's buff has a long duration and will be up on the backbar, even if the 5piece bonus is not active on the backbar.

I would probably use Scalding Rune or Structured Entropy to proc Empower. They are cheaper and have more beneficial effects. Or not?

I've been assuming that both bars should be heavy attack bars. You don't get the advantage of, for example, single-barring one set while back-barring a Maelstrom staff, but so be it.

• YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭

Why not? An open discussion should always include both sides. Ideally all sides.
    The Yea and the Nay.
    The pro and the contra.
    The for and the against.
    And the middle ground.

If anything, one should know what one is giving up instead. And knowing the downsides of a build always helps improving one's gameplay with that build. The success and the fun, too.

There are no sides to argue. There is only a request for the info asked in the op which people have provided many great resources for.

If you want an argument you have chosen the wrong thread. This thread is not a pro vs con to having oaken soul or not. That must be the next thread. It is not this thread.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because what you do is hijacking the thread for a completely different topic.

Which is problematic as it makes it more difficult to keep track of the replies that actually answer to the ops question, and in particular as these pro/con threads tend to derail, getting closed by the admins.
    There are some open threads about pro/con oakensoul, so I'd suggest to keep that discussion there. Or open a new thread.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 21 May 2023 03:10
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... because what you do is hijacking the thread for a completely different topic....

Nope. OP makes the topic around Oakensoul. Not me.
    Would the thread read: "Looking for a viable HA build with two bars.", then you have a different topic. But nevermind that.

I'd like to know why Queens Elegance is in such high regards. I think it is bad. The 2piece bonus is the only good thing about it. The 5 piece empower is just bad. Too much downtime, imo.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 21 May 2023 15:07
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    Just been using aether with storm master and zaan with msa destro back bar, on DK. works well for unoptimized stuff use mostly light from aether for more pen reached stuff use all medium from storm master
    Edited by Elrond87 on 21 May 2023 10:03
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭

I thought about that too. My reasoning for suggesting Unstable Wall instead was that it's duration lined up better with the other back bar skills (10 seconds for Unstable, 20 for Hurricane and 33 for Crit Surge) so that it'd be a bit easier to keep them up all the time without needing to switch from the front bar to the back bar during the heavy attack phase of the rotation.

But I tested Elemental Blockade a couple of minutes ago and I did like it better (though I ended up overcasting Hurricane a couple of times).

That's possible too, yeah. I did a quick test with that setup yesterday after reading your post and I ended up with a DPS loss when using heavy attacks on the back bar (though the uptime of Sergeant's Mail was better), mostly due to casting Daedric Prey less and having a worse uptime on Empower due to needing to activate that on the front bar. But there's of course a good chance it might've worked better if I had simply done more than one parse and worked on the rotation.

Those would probably both be better. I only went with Inner Light because I already slotted it for the Major Prophecy buff so that the OP could potentially use Heroism pots, Armor pots, Tripots or no potions at all. But if the OP would use Essence of Spell Power pots, replacing Inner Light with either Scalding Rune or Structured Entropy would most likely be a DPS gain.

Anyways, I'm not much of a Sorc player (nor good at parses) and I just did another test on the PTS with a setup pretty similar to the one I linked to. I did use Elemental Blockade, as you suggested, and went with Pillar of Nirn instead of Noble Duelist. It did 84248 DPS, with a relatively decent uptime on both Empower and the Sergeant's Focus buff.
    78MTgOn.jpg
    3xKd6qR.jpg

It's not great by any means and can definitely be improved (maybe just by using Harpooner's Wading Kilt and 1pc Slimecraw?), but it can perhaps serve as a starting point for the OP.

Edit: And 87693 DPS with Maw of the Infernal instead of Stormfist, and using Spell Power pots.
    NvBuier.jpg
    xhW1g0i.jpg

Edit 2: And, just because I was curious what the difference in DPS would be, I also did parse with Oakensoul (which does make things easier).
    muTVg5R.jpg
    MIXa8vt.jpg
    Edited by BasP on 21 May 2023 17:22
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about that too. My reasoning for suggesting Unstable Wall instead was that it's duration lined up better with the other back bar skills (10 seconds for Unstable, 20 for Hurricane and 33 for Crit Surge) so that it'd be a bit easier to keep them up all the time without needing to switch from the front bar to the back bar during the heavy attack phase of the rotation.

But I tested Elemental Blockade a couple of minutes ago and I did like it better (though I ended up overcasting Hurricane a couple of times).

That's possible too, yeah. I did a quick test with that setup yesterday after reading your post and I ended up with a DPS loss when using heavy attacks on the back bar (though the uptime of Sergeant's Mail was better), mostly due to casting Daedric Prey less and having a worse uptime on Empower due to needing to activate that on the front bar. But there's of course a good chance it might've worked better if I had simply done more than one parse and worked on the rotation.

Those would probably both be better. I only went with Inner Light because I already slotted it for the Major Prophecy buff so that the OP could potentially use Heroism pots, Armor pots, Tripots or no potions at all. But if the OP would use Essence of Spell Power pots, replacing Inner Light with either Scalding Rune or Structured Entropy would most likely be a DPS gain.

Anyways, I'm not much of a Sorc player (nor good at parses) and I just did another test on the PTS with a setup pretty similar to the one I linked to. I did use Elemental Blockade, as you suggested, and went with Pillar of Nirn instead of Noble Duelist. It did 84248 DPS, with a relatively decent uptime on both Empower and the Sergeant's Focus buff.
    78MTgOn.jpg
    3xKd6qR.jpg

It's not great by any means and can definitely be improved (maybe just by using Harpooner's Wading Kilt and 1pc Slimecraw?), but it can perhaps serve as a starting point for the OP.

Edit: And 87693 DPS with Maw of the Infernal instead of Stormfist, and using Spell Power pots.
    NvBuier.jpg
    xhW1g0i.jpg

Edit 2: And, just because I was curious what the difference in DPS would be, I also did parse with Oakensoul (which does make things easier).
    muTVg5R.jpg
    MIXa8vt.jpg

Thank you. Much appreciated.
    I ddint think that One bar and Two bar are so close.
    Guess I'll have to revise some of my assessments... 😎
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭

You're welcome! It's a shame that a two bar setup doesn't outparse a one bar setup considering it takes a bit more effort and you sacrifice quite a bit of tankiness, but oh well.

I thought it'd at least be nice to hit 90K so I swapped Inner Light for Structured Entropy and did a parse with Perfected Ansuul's Torment (for the Minor Slayer buff) instead of PoN and it did 90,806 DPS, so that goal was easily reached.
    k5DokB0.jpg
    cONdXAA.jpg
    gy9d0Q7.jpg

Anyways, I think OP could consider something like this a viable two bar build considering the difference with a one bar build (after the Storm Master nerf) doesn't seem to be that big.
    Edited by BasP on 22 May 2023 17:42
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're welcome! It's a shame that a two bar setup doesn't outparse a one bar setup considering it takes a bit more effort and you sacrifice quite a bit of tankiness, but oh well.

I thought it'd at least be nice to hit 90K so I swapped Inner Light for Structured Entropy and did a parse with Perfected Ansuul's Torment (for the Minor Slayer buff) instead of PoN and it did 90,806 DPS, so that goal was easily reached.
    k5DokB0.jpg
    cONdXAA.jpg
    gy9d0Q7.jpg

Anyways, I think OP could consider something like this a viable two bar build considering the difference with a one bar build (after the Storm Master nerf) doesn't seem to be that big.

In fairness to two-bar builds, we're not supposed to come up with ideas that involve any mythic items at all.