Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So the Armory Station pretty much eliminates the need for Dressing Room addon?

MonkLoHan
MonkLoHan
✭✭✭
I am a returning player on PC-NA who has always used add-ons for my builds/play throughs. I've leveled up several character slots of each class for different play throughs (i.e., 2 MagSorcs - 1 for PVE, 1 for PVP, 3 StamBlades - 1PVE, 1 PVP, 1 Tank, etc.). So with the addition of the Armory Station, I can conceivably use one level character slot for basically any class? Of course, providing that I have several unlocked armory slots.

So instead of having a dedicated Templar for healing. A dedicated Templar for PVE DD, and a Dedicated Templar for PVP content, I can now roll all three of those classes into on character with use of Armory Station?

Help me understand this.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to have the bottom slot as a soft reset that only has the most basic points spent that can go into any build so you aren't allocating them over and over. Top slot has my favorite minimum build so I can experiment with other points and return to if it doesn't work out.

It's also possible to have one slot with Werewolf and another slot with Vampire then swap whenever you want.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The armory helps reduce the need for alts of the same class and to save time respec'ing for roles that take completely different stats/skills

But on pc it doesn't replace the convenience of a quick build swap addon. An addon can be used to instantly switch between a solo gear set/skills and a group gear set/skills as long as the do not require morphs to be changed an example. Or for quick swapping between a single target setup and aoe set up in higher end pve. Or swapping between a more siege focused pvp set up to a more 1vX focused
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Got it. So all that is really needed is one character for each class, then with the armory system, you can spec them out for any role PVE, PVP, DD, Healer, Tank, Stamina, Magica, etc.?

I've got 4 Sorcs, 4 Templars, 3 Nightblades, 2 Necromancers, and 2 Dragonknights all CP 1200. I could now actually get away with one of each and just us Armory to outfit them for different roles. So really no need to buy different character slots anymore.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you do not have a RP/head canon reason, you do not feel you need to min/max the characters race for each role, don't mind potential losing sources of money from event drops and daily writs or have no need for using those characters as extra storage

Then sure there is no reason to keep those alts that are already built up
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could use the armory station to cut down on your characters for sure. I typically use it to switch between PvP and PvE builds or between vamp and no vamp.

You can't change the race. For example my two tank characters are Nords. Not really a great race when switching them to DD. You may want more characters, if you're min-maxing.

The expense of armory slots is also a factor. I currently have 4 different options on each of my tanks, and the same on my main DD. I use Dressing Room for those. In addition, because all of my characters also PvP, they typically have multiple PvP options, such as for CP, for BGs, and for Ravenwatch.

I've seen screenshots from serious (trial) endgame players with full pages of Dressing Room. They tend to make changes between different boss and trash fights on the fly. Can't do that with the armory station.

Finally there's inventory space. My DK is my crafter and carries some x50 transmute geodes (which you can't bank) in addition to her armor sets. She's had as much as 100 inventory spaces permanently used. Other characters 70. That's another reason you might want more than one character per class when you're getting serious.
    Edited by fred4 on 22 May 2023 01:49
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I forgot the two most important reasons I don't throw away leveled alts: Daily crafting writs (sometimes) and monthly x50 PvP transmute geodes (always). The latter is the single most important reason for me personally, because I like making new builds. For other people it might be daily zone quests or pledges.

EDIT: Reason number 3: Alliance membership in PvP. If you both PvE and PvP, you tend to make friends in PvE from all alliances. I ended up with 3 copies of my nightblade because of this, one for each alliance.
    Edited by fred4 on 22 May 2023 01:51
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB