The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is my Weapon Damage about 1000 lower than it should be??

Nerdrage9000
Nerdrage9000
✭✭✭
Hello all,

I have no idea what gives here...

This is the build that I have recreated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=606zCaVTBbg

I am not looking for a discussion around the merits of this build - HOWEVER @1:55 of the video - where the presenter is talking about stats - you can clearly see that his Weap Dmg is listed at 5157 - and from what I can see he is NOT buffed. Looks like it is a flat rate.

My build is the EXACT same, but I am at (front bar) 4092 Weap Dmg.

I should clarify - I do NOT have perfected Rele, just the normal version - but that doesnt make for a 1k Weap Dmg difference does it?

Anyone better educated in ESO than me - what am I missing here?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It could be because he actually is buffed. If you look at his character, he has flames of oblivion up. If you stare at his stats after a couple seconds the weapon damage actually goes down. So before opening the menu he may have procc’d minor brutality or some other buff and didn’t wait for it to wear off.

Edit: It’s definitely that he proc’d minor brutality. Because his weapon damage actually goes down twice. 1st time is flames of oblivion which probably proc’d whip which increases spell and weapon damage. Can see both go down. 2nd time is minor brutality. Can tell because after the 2nd time his spell and weapon damage are the same.
    Edited by Soarora on 15 May 2023 18:59
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching a little more past the point OP notes it is clear, without any question, that 5157 is buffed WD. @1:46 their WD is even 5565 but it drops to 5157 @ 1:50 and then drops to 4399 @ 2:23.

Even at 4399 we do not know what buffs remain active on their character. So there is no way to know where the base WD sits when there are no buffs.

It is unfortunate the character stat section lacks such basic information by skewing the data they are showing us. The best builds I have seen have SS of unbuffed stats and sometimes unbuffed stats.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Watching a little more past the point OP notes it is clear, without any question, that 5157 is buffed WD. @1:46 their WD is even 5565 but it drops to 5157 @ 1:50 and then drops to 4399 @ 2:23.

Even at 4399 we do not know what buffs remain active on their character. So there is no way to know where the base WD sits when there are no buffs.

It is unfortunate the character stat section lacks such basic information by skewing the data they are showing us. The best builds I have seen have SS of unbuffed stats and sometimes unbuffed stats.

What is also unfortunate is Xynode himself says that the 5.5k is his unbuffed damage as it goes up to 6k with self buffs. Which is flat-out untrue as we see.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

What is also unfortunate is Xynode himself says that the 5.5k is his unbuffed damage as it goes up to 6k with self buffs. Which is flat-out untrue as we see.

Thank you everyone for your comments and response. I thought I was nuts and missing something - it really was his comment about “unbuffed and fully buffed…6k” that had my wheels spinning
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    He also released a video of an OP runecarver's blaze build AFTER it was nerfed with its pre nerf stats and left it up like no one would notice the difference so there is the Content creator's credibility to take into account lol.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »
    He also released a video of an OP runecarver's blaze build AFTER it was nerfed with its pre nerf stats and left it up like no one would notice the difference so there is the Content creator's credibility to take into account lol.

This and everything that has been pointed out here is why I do not like video presentations of builds. Text based that details the build and includes SS of important data such as buffs is much easier to follow. It also should include a parse video for PvE builds so we can see what is possible in a static situation.

Video builds are just too hard to follow and too easy to gleam inaccurate information (not suggesting inaccurate information is purposefully provided). It is probably used as it is easier to monetize.

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't use video build guides for the most part for PVE, find yourself an experienced DPS mentor who is able to parse high on all classes and work with you individually.

for PVP there are some good build guides, but that isn't this topic
    Edited by Dr_Con on 16 May 2023 17:19
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add big thanks to Xynode in the first place for putting these videos together.

I find them really helpful - regardless of how tight my weave is 1000 weapon damage seemed off

fwiw the spec is a blast to play and once those dots get rolling it can still crank out respectable dps
  • BeefcakeManwich
    Having content creator as a base guide is great. I started the game because a guildie recommended Xynode. His vet dungeon mechanics are very helpful. DPS guide is not good. Skinny cheeks is a better resource for beginners. If you could care less about meta. Hack the minotaur has pretty good theme builds.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take those parse and build videos with a grain of salt. When they spend 200 gold per minute on potions and hit a fancy target dummy that gives them all the buffs a well balanced raid team could hope for on a perfect day, that's not very helpful for newish players looking for a good build to get into raiding. It's showing off to their 100k dps peers, who likely are too busy training their rotations to watch random build videos.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Toanis wrote: »
    Take those parse and build videos with a grain of salt. When they spend 200 gold per minute on potions and hit a fancy target dummy that gives them all the buffs a well balanced raid team could hope for on a perfect day, that's not very helpful for newish players looking for a good build to get into raiding. It's showing off to their 100k dps peers, who likely are too busy training their rotations to watch random build videos.

I think it's more of showing what the build could accomplish, but yeah a newbie isn't gonna get 100k on a 100k build.