The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Whatever happened to the Psijic spammable?

LukosCreyden
LukosCreyden
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Crushing weapon, elemental weapon.
I never see it anymore. Nobody seems to mention it on the forums, I don't see it in game, I don't see it on youtube...
Is it really that bad? I was considering using it on a stam sorc. If it really is weak, why is it that nobody is talking about it? Not even asking for buffs?
Edited by LukosCreyden on 7 May 2023 11:39
Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crushing weapon, elemental weapon.
    I never see it anymore. Nobody seems to mention it on the forums, I don't see it in game, I don't see it on youtube...
    Is it really that bad? I was considering using it on a stam sorc. If it really is weak, why is it that nobody is talking about it? Not even asking for buffs?

Silver Shards hitting 3 targets makes it a very nice ranged stamina spammable.

Crushing Shock/Force Pulse seem a bit underrated for magicka spammmables, although apparently elite LA weavers have some issue with them that I'm too non-elite to knowingly have encountered.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to stamsorc specifically they stopped using it with crystal stopped stacking with crushing. Sorcs complain sometimes about a lack of penetration but ultimately most choose to keep using Crystal instead due to the more forgiving timer, only needing to cast it half as often, the reduced ability cost utility, and it proccing the blood magic passive for occasional heals.

With regards to everybody else I think the meta shift towards ice staves back bar and/or the increased usage of elemental susceptibility removed the need for Crushing Weapon.

But ultimately I don't think it's a bad skill. Maybe it needs an adjustment maybe it doesnt... Feel free to make a case, but right now it isn't really on my radar. I think if light attacks landed a little more reliably in PvP it would get more use. But since that isn't the case even people that could use it seems to opt for something else and just use Night Mothers Gaze gear instead.

I'm sure if you really wanted to use it you'd do fine with it. Especially on a stamsorc.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @OBJnoob tbh I just use frags instead of crystal weapon. Just seems like a much better morph. I currently run elemental susceptibility on my back bar for the debuff as I like soloing group stuff, but I would enjoy having that flex spot back for other stuff.
    I am mostly weighing my options between wrecking blow and crushing weapon.
    Edited by LukosCreyden on 7 May 2023 13:13
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It fell off hard once the stacking with crystal weapon got removed. It's timer is just too short to wind up any sort of burst with it (say on an inferno heavy attack).

Crushing shock (destro spammable) is just better for ranged mag (when combined with sets like draghrkin), elemental susceptibility also provides major breach and lots of status effect procs for more damage.
    Like mentioned before, silver shards from fighters guild line is better for stamina ranged spammable and it has much better passives as well so most ranged stam will go with that option and stamsorcs have crystal weapon which has other passives and effects it can proc.

A small buff to its timer (make it last 3 seconds to allow a fast medium weave) would help crushing weapon, I think the mag morph needs a rework though, it just doesn't do enough to warrant using it over any of the other available options for ranged magicka spammable.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the duration should be buffed. 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 25 seconds, since it only applies once I really don't see the harm in making it longer. As long as it takes to make SURE it works. I don't think the added utility of it becoming pre-buffable or even being able to cast it, barswap heal kite a bit, then swap back and have it still there would be a problem. It would probably be just the quality of life improvement it needs.

Also... How long does the breach last? Only 5 seconds, is that right? Double it. The way it is now if you use it as your spammable then that literally needs to be what you're spamming. People could perhaps find more uses for it if the debuff didn't need to be constantly reapplied.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the most serious disadvantage are the animations. Staff and Bow are okayish, but all the melee ones are counterintuitive to weaving and they look really bad.
    The movements of the arms are especially distracting so that I miss a lot of visual cues and thus a lot of light attacks with this spammable.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 8 May 2023 07:01
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally agree @Zodiarkslayer, it has always been wonky and is easy to interrupt it before applying it. Never liked it
  • Dauntess13
    Dauntess13
    ✭✭
    The animation is bad and sucks to weave consistently on melee weapons.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made it break stealth and it became useless for it's biggest fans.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a weird ability, but I personally moved off it after ZOS made some changes after Summerset that removed my long range magDK build. Elemental Weapon was the crux of it, but the old Stone Giant ability acted as my long range stun.

I still messed around with it after ZOS forced me into Fossilize and Shattering Rocks, but ultimately what finally pushed me off the ability was the vampire rework when we got Eviscerate. I tried working around the vampire spammables, and after they gave us the Pale Order Ring, and reworked later how Burning Embers healed me, I never touched Elemental Weapon again.

I still have fond memories of it though because it was the ability that taught me how to light attack weave at a time I finally started to learn how ESO's combat system worked.
    Edited by Vevvev on 11 May 2023 20:50
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use it on a magicka templar that uses War Maidens since its one of the few okay spammables that do magic damage. I'd switch back to jabs in a heartbeat if they reverted it tho
    Edited by merpins on 11 May 2023 22:23
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does get used by some people I know, especially on magsorc
    The animation is indeed doo-doo and the skill needs some buffs, for sure.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to hit any decent pvp’r using Elemental Weapon on a staff is ludicrous.

You’re better off spamming Crushing Shock for 1/2 the damage. At least you’ll actually hit someone.

EW on a staff is the only ranged spammable I’m aware of that’s more awkward and useless than Cliff Racer. (specific to pvp)

• MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crushing weapon isn’t too bad for portals in a trial. With a destro staff or charged trait there’s a likely chance of getting sundered status for the extra minor breach, bringing the total up to 9k penetration debuff. You would either do that or have razor caltrops and focused aim / power of the light / or deep fissure. It also seems decent in solo play

Everywhere else in the game it feels sub par since the damage is pretty bland