The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

We might need old Rally and Mutagen back.

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For those who do not know, Rally used to apply a Heal over Time as well as having the ramping burst heal at the end. Though it was sad to see it go, it wasn't really all that game breaking at the time. With how PvP is right now, even when you manage to avoid someone's burst the Damage over Time effects they have put on you will whittle you down.

How do we deal with those dots? Well people turn to sets like Mara's Balm. In the past, dots were still needed in PvP to an extent but now they feel far more powerful than before especially when light attacks are hitting for 2k damage even with Battle Spirit (Maybe battle spirit should reduce the damage of light attack by some amount?). Having that tiny little heal over time that will bring your heal up by around 500 every second can really help relieve pressure.

Mutagen was the other morph of Rapid Regen, it lasted 20 seconds and when you reached a threshold of health the healing effect would be consumed to give you a small heal right there and then. In addition that that consumed heal, it would purge one negative effect. This ability would serve a similar purpose to Rally's Heal over Time in that the heal over time will help relieve pressure but it also gives people a way to cleanse things without having to turn to a set which everyone and their mother decides to run.

Thoughts?
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could try hist sap now maras is nerfed.
  • Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half of ESO asking for more heal and survivability options; other half clamoring about nerfing the "tank meta," and how boring PVP has gotten with all the heals and tankiness...

I pity the devs, I actually really do.
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Half of ESO asking for more heal and survivability options; other half clamoring about nerfing the "tank meta," and how boring PVP has gotten with all the heals and tankiness...

I pity the devs, I actually really do.

So in the past we didn't have as much of a tank meta... And we had more forms of healing... So perhaps messing with healing pushed people towards the tank meta?

But yeah, I pity them too. Can't make everyone happy.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf healing. Not buff it. Nerf all the burst heals and stop heals of the same name stacking in pvp.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem Is heal stacking not solo
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure we need more readily available heals on commonly used skills. Heal stacking is already an issue.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    auz wrote: »
    Nerf healing. Not buff it. Nerf all the burst heals and stop heals of the same name stacking in pvp.

This!!! OR as many of us have suggested, make spell/weapon damage ONLY do damage. This way healibg power won't be so easy to increase. If u want more healing you have to get the % multipliers. Can we at last try it on the PTS ZOS?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    For those who do not know, Rally used to apply a Heal over Time as well as having the ramping burst heal at the end. Though it was sad to see it go, it wasn't really all that game breaking at the time. With how PvP is right now, even when you manage to avoid someone's burst the Damage over Time effects they have put on you will whittle you down.

How do we deal with those dots? Well people turn to sets like Mara's Balm. In the past, dots were still needed in PvP to an extent but now they feel far more powerful than before especially when light attacks are hitting for 2k damage even with Battle Spirit (Maybe battle spirit should reduce the damage of light attack by some amount?). Having that tiny little heal over time that will bring your heal up by around 500 every second can really help relieve pressure.

Mutagen was the other morph of Rapid Regen, it lasted 20 seconds and when you reached a threshold of health the healing effect would be consumed to give you a small heal right there and then. In addition that that consumed heal, it would purge one negative effect. This ability would serve a similar purpose to Rally's Heal over Time in that the heal over time will help relieve pressure but it also gives people a way to cleanse things without having to turn to a set which everyone and their mother decides to run.

Thoughts?

I don't use Maras and I'm ok with dots currently. Rally already does a lot so I don't see a need for change.
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    auz wrote: »

This!!! OR as many of us have suggested, make spell/weapon damage ONLY do damage. This way healibg power won't be so easy to increase. If u want more healing you have to get the % multipliers. Can we at last try it on the PTS ZOS?

This was how it USED to be. This change is really what started the "tank meta" that everyone is complaining about and the insane ability people have to get burst damage and instantly heal. You used to have to decide what you wanted to do in PVP, heal, deal damage, or be tanky.

Step by step it got worse with sets, skills, and changes. Nowadays with the proc sets, the heals scaling off of max stat plus weapon/spell damage, and heals that scale off of health etc you don't have to choose. You can go all out in damage and still heal like a maniac, or have 50k health and heal insanely and have some damage as well. You don't have to really choose what you want to do, everyone can do it all at the same time. Everyone likes to blame sets like Mara's but it is a much broader issue that stems from the "fun" times of PVP as well when you could run foot to the floor offensive and dish out insane DPS and be a heal bot at the same time.
    Edited by bachpain on 15 May 2023 15:08
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, everyone except mag sorcs has enough easy healing right now.

Mag sorcs have enough healing too, but since the burst healing is tied to a double barred pet I wouldn't call it easy healing, but it's definitely enough.