The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf Tanking

Mr_Vahlok
Mr_Vahlok
Hello, just curious if Werewolf tanking is still a thing, coming back to ESO after a break. Last thing i remember they were becoming popular. I would probably start with the basic dungeons, overland, and start doing the dlc dungeons eventually, id also like to get into trials.

Been watching few videos, i understand charged is stronger now and can run certain glyphs for minor vul, sundered, brittle(new status effect), etc

also thinking of going dk for if i get bored i can tank in human form. Any feedback greatly appreciated.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Vahlok wrote: »
    Hello, just curious if Werewolf tanking is still a thing, coming back to ESO after a break. Last thing i remember they were becoming popular. I would probably start with the basic dungeons, overland, and start doing the dlc dungeons eventually, id also like to get into trials.

Been watching few videos, i understand charged is stronger now and can run certain glyphs for minor vul, sundered, brittle(new status effect), etc

also thinking of going dk for if i get bored i can tank in human form. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

i don't think this is a good idea to do in trials.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No they are not. It can be fun for low dps non dlc but I wouldn’t trust it anywhere else except in ww-only runs.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure WW is good for anything much :(

But having the ultimate does give you a stam regen bonus. You just have to be careful not to actually use the ultimate.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not good for tanking. I tried it out and in order to taunt, you need to essentially run tormentor (taunt on gap close) and spam pounce x2 constantly (massive stam drain). In addition to this, even if you wear a set to pull, you still don’t have an actual reliable pull.

Unless you like to make things unnecessarily difficult, trust me and just: don’t.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Mr_Vahlok
    Mr_Vahlok
    OK thanks everyone, seemed fun but I want to do the harder content eventually and id rather not screw myself. Thanks for the feedback
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to go along with others the biggest problem of trying to be a WW tank is the lack of an actual taunt skill relying on the tormentor set (at a minimum in order to hold aggro)

which you could probably get away with in normal, and maybe non-dlc vet dungeons, but i would also echo that it wouldnt be good for say trials, or actual difficult content
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    No they are not. It can be fun for low dps non dlc but I wouldn’t trust it anywhere else except in ww-only runs.

This. For serious raiding it’s not a thing and never has been.

Some content can be run without a tank or very light tanking at times. That is where a WW tank can do ok.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with @Amottica. Even then, I've seen WW tanks die on things like the stone behemoth in normal stone garden because they run out of stamina. WW tanking is not a thing.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also WW tank can be perceived by PUG players as a fake tank. You know how this can end.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Stinkdog 😔
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by autocookies on 13 March 2024 15:11