Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for Necromancer changes

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a shame for me that the colossus is just a 3d model for the ult, working similarly to a storm from a staff of destruction, or a comet, and not a full-fledged pet, the essence of the necromancer is that he must be a summoner, and his pets are support that can both deal damage , and take blows, drawing attention to themselves, without this feature, the class loses its authenticity. Well, plus, to focus on negative effects, what kind of necromancer is this, who cannot increase negative effects on the enemy (passive? It's to weak, cause it have bad synergy with another necro skills, I already wrote that it needs to add at least an increase in the duration of all negative status effects, and even better, at the same time, improve the synergy of necro skills with this passive ability) and summon full-fledged pets :/ I initially didn’t like the ZOS approach to this class, now I played gw2, and there the necromancer is really a necromancer, with all the possibilities inherent in a necromancer, and it’s sad, because after you spent so much time on one game, flow into a more preferable one is more lot harder for you
    Edited by GrimStyx on 8 May 2023 12:21
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Animate Blastbones:[/B] instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. It consumes corpses in the area to summon up to three more blastbones. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

Ok not going to lie to you, this would be insanely OP. Animate Blastbones is already the highest damaging ultimate in the game, bar none. You can land 40k+ bursts that wipe a group in less than a global. The only issue with it is the fact that you can't tell the blastbones whom they need to target, so they often expire without leaping anyone. I agree that the ult cost should be toned down, and the rez component be removed, but instead of adding more blastbones or making them immune to CC, just simply allow us to use the command pet keybind on necro pets.

Also, the ultimate has been bugged for a little over a year now, and doesn't correctly count as a Corpse Consumption ability, which means that you can't see the corpses that you need to target to even use the ultimate without slotting an extra corpse consumption ability on your bar. For a class that already has major barspace issues, this is a huge problem.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animate Blastbones:[/B] instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. It consumes corpses in the area to summon up to three more blastbones. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

Ok not going to lie to you, this would be insanely OP. Animate Blastbones is already the highest damaging ultimate in the game, bar none. You can land 40k+ bursts that wipe a group in less than a global. The only issue with it is the fact that you can't tell the blastbones whom they need to target, so they often expire without leaping anyone. I agree that the ult cost should be toned down, and the rez component be removed, but instead of adding more blastbones or making them immune to CC, just simply allow us to use the command pet keybind on necro pets.

Also, the ultimate has been bugged for a little over a year now, and doesn't correctly count as a Corpse Consumption ability, which means that you can't see the corpses that you need to target to even use the ultimate without slotting an extra corpse consumption ability on your bar. For a class that already has major barspace issues, this is a huge problem.

If you don't make them cc immune, every DK is just going to lock them down or leap on their heads. They hard counter blastbones pretty consistently.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you don't make them cc immune, every DK is just going to lock them down or leap on their heads. They hard counter blastbones pretty consistently.

Sure, but to get the most out of this ult, you shouldn't even be casting it right on top of people; you want to get the most out of the Stalking scaling mechanic. If you cast it a little ways away, the blastbones will not only deal more damage, but they'll have more odds of attacking 1 person, and more odds of leaping before they're CC'd.

You could also use a CC yourself (probably should be), whether its a hard CC or aoe root.

Trust me, this ultimate is in a precarious place. It definitely needs changes, but too much will skyrocket it into being overloaded.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, but to get the most out of this ult, you shouldn't even be casting it right on top of people; you want to get the most out of the Stalking scaling mechanic. If you cast it a little ways away, the blastbones will not only deal more damage, but they'll have more odds of attacking 1 person, and more odds of leaping before they're CC'd.

You could also use a CC yourself (probably should be), whether its a hard CC or aoe root.

Trust me, this ultimate is in a precarious place. It definitely needs changes, but too much will skyrocket it into being overloaded.

Okay consuming corpses should power up the blastbones or restore ultimate then. 🙌😤
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some ideas that I have to add some more utility to the skills on the class.

Hungry Scythe: also applies life steal to all enemies hit. (I think this still won't make the spammable very good for damage but at least it'll add to the use for survivability)

[Also, life steal should probably be tied to a status effect too]

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer:
    grants major sorcery/brutality when active.

Mystic/Detonating Syphon:
    grants major prophecy/savagery when slotted. Both morphs apply a damage over time to targets that stick to them after touching the tether.

Flame/Venom skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. Does additional damage to targets afflicted with a status effect. No longer does increased damage on third cast but instead does increased damage on low health enemies.

Spirit Mender:

- Spirit Guardian: when active, applies major cowardice to attackers. (I just like the idea of the ghost scaring attackers.)
    - Intensive Mender: increases the healing over a shorter period of time. (Buff the healing more please)

Bone Totem:
    summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem (Formerly Remote Totem): grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

ULTIMATES:
    Putrid Colossus
    (formerly Frozen Colossus): Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Frozen Colossus (formerly Glacial Colossus): does frost damage and freezes (stuns) enemies on the first hit instead of the third. (If a stun is too strong, the first hit can apply a strong snare instead)
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time. (In PvP ultimates are all about burst and that's what necros lack so I tried to make the bursty part of these ultimates at the beginning of them)

Animate Blastbones:
    instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. It consumes corpses in the area to summon up to three more blastbones. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

For those who really hate using Blast Bones, I recommend ZOS change the following skill instead of the Necro's main damage ability:

(New version of EMPOWERING GRASP)
    Summon skeletal claws from the ground in front of you, increasing your damage done to enemies in the area by (?)% . It also applies Empower to your allies. The effect lasts (?) seconds.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some ideas that I have to add some more utility to the skills on the class.

Hungry Scythe: also applies life steal to all enemies hit. (I think this still won't make the spammable very good for damage but at least it'll add to the use for survivability)

[Also, life steal should probably be tied to a status effect too]

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer:
    grants major sorcery/brutality when active.

Mystic/Detonating Syphon:
    grants major prophecy/savagery when slotted. Both morphs apply a damage over time to targets that stick to them after touching the tether.

Flame/Venom skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. Does additional damage to targets afflicted with a status effect. No longer does increased damage on third cast but instead does increased damage on low health enemies.

Spirit Mender:

- Spirit Guardian: when active, applies major cowardice to attackers. (I just like the idea of the ghost scaring attackers.)
    - Intensive Mender: increases the healing over a shorter period of time. (Buff the healing more please)

Bone Totem:
    summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem (Formerly Remote Totem): grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

ULTIMATES:
    Putrid Colossus
    (formerly Frozen Colossus): Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Frozen Colossus (formerly Glacial Colossus): does frost damage and freezes (stuns) enemies on the first hit instead of the third. (If a stun is too strong, the first hit can apply a strong snare instead)
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time. (In PvP ultimates are all about burst and that's what necros lack so I tried to make the bursty part of these ultimates at the beginning of them)

Animate Blastbones:
    instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. It consumes corpses in the area to summon up to three more blastbones. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

I want this