The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vvardenfell quest "At Any Cost" bugged for groups

gabbo1928
gabbo1928
✭✭✭
A friend and I have been running the entire Vvardenfell zone together on new characters. We've run into an issue with the quest "At Any Cost," where you have to run all over the zone and collect seven stones. When doing this quest while grouped, when one person claims the stone, it disappears for everyone in the group, but does not update the quest markers for anyone other than the person who claimed it..

For the first six stones, I led the way and claimed them. The stones appeared in the Quest Items portion of both our inventories, but the quest icon showing the locations of the stones did not go away for my friend.

When we got to the last stone, I fell behind and she reached the stone first, and the same thing happened to me. I still have the icon on my map for the stone's location, but the stone is gone for me. Even though all 7 stones are now in both of our Quest Items, neither of our quests have updated to the next stage. It's still telling us both to find the stones. My map shows the location of the one she claimed, and her map shows the locations of the 6 I claimed, and we can't progress because the stones are no longer there for us to interact with. Since these are quest items rather than inventory items, I can't even delete the stone I didn't get credit for and try again. I suspect that we are both going to have to abandon this quest and run it separately.

This quest needs to be fixed to either update the quest/markers for everyone in group when one person claims the stone, or not put the stone in everyone's inventories and force them all to interact with it individually to advance their own quest.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought most zones' quests couldn't be completed as a group, anyway? I mean, you can do some of the quests with friends or guildmates, but (I think) only if you're all doing them separately as opposed to being grouped together.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!