The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you want BG Death Match queue back ?

• CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    The most effective way to win an obj mode is to do the obj. If all three teams were doing the obj then no one team could do it without also fighting. Not sure why that is even a matter of opinion much less why I'm the only one that holds it.

Regardless-- this isn't about that. This is about creating something that doesn't currently exist but might just make people like you happy @stybbe17b16_ESO

Obj modes, which some people enjoy, wouldn't need to be changed if this were added. And I suggested it be ranked because that seems to be another common request.

This is just not true. The three team system allows for third partying so if two teams fight, one team back caps.

The three team system also incentivizes non-combat builds like unkillable tanks or speed builds that are uncatchable.

Other modes like domination have TOO many flags that it is always better to run to the next flag rather than stay and fight on the flag.

To add to this, dying in the Objective Modes is almost always a benefit to the player that died. Because respawns are on a cycle, if you die you might just instantly respawn and have a nice short jog to the brand new objective that spawned right by your team's base. You see this in Chaos Ball too - it's better to just jump off the map to your death if you're about to die because you'll be able to respawn and get back to the center where the ball spawns and pick it right back up again before anyone else even gets the chance.

Dying shouldn't give you an advantage, but it does in a lot of the objective modes unless your team is being camped at spawn.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 10 March 2023 14:57
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Disagree that dying is an advantage. It can be I suppose but it can also not be. You get a short respawn timer about as often as you get a long one. And even if it does put you close to an unmanned objective, wouldn't the objective you just died on be being capped by whoever just killed you? Kinda neutralizing the benefit. The benefit, if any, seems very randomized to me.

Now the Chaosball thing IS a real problem and I'm glad you pointed it out. I think the Chaosball could be made to just reappear on the ledge where the person jumped or something. It's pretty lame when a decent Chaosball carrier finally gets whittled down and instead of giving who killed them the prize they won they exploit (I use the term mildly but intentionally,) to reset it. In addition to the change I'd like to see a FAT medal score penalty applied to the person that did it. It's pretty on par with dumping scrolls into lava/water in Cyrodiil. Poopoo status.

I will say there are weird aspects to dying or not dying in DM as well. As you've both just said-- it also incentivizes building tanky and turtling to a certain extent. But here's what I have to add, and I'll preface by admitting it doesn't exactly happen all the time:

In a high-ish mmr bracket people seem to understand that grouping up is the best way to DM. This may be a "duh" statement to some of you but since I solo que I would definitely say MOST modes don't encourage this. But anyway... So all 3 teams are probably grouped, or at least trying to be. And coordinating and helping eachother, or at least trying to. And then if your group gets wiped but somehow you make it... What are you supposed to do? In an OBJ mode I would personally be content enough to just keep fighting and dying. In DM I feel compelled to value my life more, especially if it's competitive, and I generally run a few circles so as not to get dogpiled before my team comes back. Depending on the length of respawn I might even just be standing there waiting, lol.

And this isn't a huge deal to me. But I hope it demonstrates that all modes have their little "things."
  • Alvedolin
    Alvedolin
    YES
    I have been playing for 4000 hours. DM que was the best thing to happen to BGs. Give us pvpers what we want. Most mmos have a deathmatch only mode and they do very well.
  • Alvedolin
    Alvedolin
    YES
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The numbers/votes don't lie.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alvedolin wrote: »

No, but the fact that when this was a thing (anddue to how the system was set up you ended up with 19/20 matches being Death Match) had the following effects

-BG queue times went from ~5 mins ~25 mins
    -player pool went from mostly new names every match to the same ~30 people
    -50% of the matches starting with 10 people jumping to 12 after a few more became 70% of the matches started with 8 people and rarely up up to 10

Goes to show that the vocal group on the forums only makes up a small faction of the BG community, so as "nice" as you think it would to have a DM only queue, I would rather not have one so that the PC/EU BG community contiue its current healing trend, with queue times slowly going back down (yesterday was only 12 mins during prime time) and new names are starting to outnumber the old ones again, plus player counts are going back up given that matches are starting more full than during the "whoops, all deathmatch" testing
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we'll pass this feedback along. We do have future Battleground Weekends planned, including a Deathmatch centric weekend. But we'll pass the feedback along to the dev team.

To be honest these battleground weekends feel horrible for everyone interrested in deathmatches. Not only those who want to play DM, need to suffer for whole weekends where other objective types are having their time but also when DM weekend finally hits everyone just brings ultra tank setups because their primary goal is to not die and try to killsteal.
  • Alvedolin
    Alvedolin
    YES
    notyuu wrote: »

No, but the fact that when this was a thing (anddue to how the system was set up you ended up with 19/20 matches being Death Match) had the following effects

-50% of the matches starting with 10 people jumping to 12 after a few more became 70% of the matches started with 8 people and rarely up up to 10

Goes to show that the vocal group on the forums only makes up a small faction of the BG community, so as "nice" as you think it would to have a DM only queue, I would rather not have one so that the PC/EU BG community contiue its current healing trend, with queue times slowly going back down (yesterday was only 12 mins during prime time) and new names are starting to outnumber the old ones again, plus player counts are going back up given that matches are starting more full than during the "whoops, all deathmatch" testing

No this is not true. Q times are much longer now than they were then. I'm averaging 10-15 mins. I was instantly in a match when DM q was active, ESPECIALLY during prime-time. I see the same old players regardless, DM or not, as it's always been this way for years. We are not a "small faction". I have never met a high-ranking pvp player that enjoys a game of capture the relic. Like i've said, about 70% or my high mmr q people are not even playing objective. They want to fight other players, not chase a ball or run away from each other.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No this is not true. Q times are much longer now than they were then. I'm averaging 10-15 mins. I was instantly in a match when DM q was active, ESPECIALLY during prime-time. I see the same old players regardless, DM or not, as it's always been this way for years. We are not a "small faction". I have never met a high-ranking pvp player that enjoys a game of capture the relic. Like i've said, about 70% or my high mmr q people are not even playing objective. They want to fight other players, not chase a ball or run away from each other.

I am going to chalk this up to a cultrual difference between our servers, as on PC-EU as I stated when it went "whoops all deathmatch" the BG community basically evaporated due to the matches ending up boring and predictible

as for non-dm game modes, people don't run away from eachother or chase a ball of play ninja fart, instead what usually happens is

-flag modes: everyone dogpiles onto the center flag causing an all out murder brawl until the flag moves or for the duration of the match, whichever comes first, and if somebody back caps a flag said brawl ends up moving there

-relic: sometimes one person guards relic, most of the time all the relics get grabbed and it boils down into a murder brawl lasting upwards of 5 mins

-ball: You get the ball and use its damage output to boost your killing ability towards the enemy, again resulting in constant murder brawl

-DM: the teams run around trying to sus out which members of which team are weaker via hit and run attacks and then the match devolves into eaither "protect the squishy" or 15 mins of beat eachother over the head with no results

in other words
    Chaotic fun where death is only a setback
    Tatical fun where death is only a setback
    Stupid fun where you can leverage the objective to help you kill people, and death is only a setback
    Tatical bordorm where death is failure and thus should be avoided at all costs
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO - Leave the way it is now
    it made it nearly impossible to get any other mode. i do not want to play deathmatch.

a separate queue for the objective modes and a separate queue for deathmatch would be fine.
    as long as i can still play the other modes.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES

To be fair though, I don't think anyone wants the queue to revert back to pulling from other buckets, so to speak. So that doesn't include dragging objective players into DMs. They only want an entirely separate DM queue.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    God yes, especially when they do these "Crazy king" events and everyone, and I mean everyone is a 50k health tank, lol
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Yes but I think they should make it a separate game mode entirely. Maybe call it Arena.

Then we'd have Cyrodiil for open world PvP, duels for 1v1, Battlegrounds for objective PvP, and Arenas for team deathmatch.