The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Chance for Peace Quest - TECHNICAL SUPPORT

DarkHildr
DarkHildr
Soul Shriven
It is now 24 hours with me and them back and forward with emails and tickets with no actual help for reporting a BUG with A chance for peace quest , that I was finishing 2 days ago , was sending screenshots that I did not received Diplomat's ansei deck fragment . The latest answer from agent Jonathan was that special team will fix it in no time , that was 3 hours ago , still nothing . It is a bug in the game , you should fix it ASAP .

rmdnkdq7105q.jpg

9uryg2xle0ix.jpg

[edited for minor bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 12 June 2022 20:32
  • Frikgrim
    Frikgrim
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, you're calling out "customer service" in your thread's title. Your issue falls under the domain of "technical support," not "customer service." You're needlessly calling out a team that couldn't, if they wanted to, fix your problem.

Secondly, you're suggesting that ZOS drop everything (and everyone else) to address your specific problem. Do you, somehow, believe you have your own dedicated CS and TS teams to address your wants and needs exclusively? That is not how things (or life) works.

You are but one person in the sea of people they have to deal with. Your problem is but one problem in the sea of problems they have to deal with. They have to take this big collection of people and problems and prioritize them, based on what is most important (or what will help the most people with one fix).

Somehow, I think your problem may fall much lower on the triage list than you believe it should be.

At any rate, I hope your problem gets fixed, but if I were in your shoes, I'd probably just relax and find something else to focus on in the meantime.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is no way to go about 'demanding' action.

Besides the Murkmire fiasco takes 100% absolute priorty righ now.
  • DarkHildr
    DarkHildr
    Soul Shriven
    I did contact "technical support," I was just pointing out , and it is not first time , that for now second day i did not getting even close to solve my problem , like you are calling it . Also I am relaxed , i am in the game and playing , and waiting so I dont get this harsh respond to not called lecture about my MINOR PROBLEM , secondly I dont know about Murkmire problem or any other problem, so if you dont have same issue please dont comment . I was reporting the bug and that is not huge technical problem, it is simple a bug and should be solved in no time
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    DarkHildr wrote: »
    I did contact "technical support," I was just pointing out , and it is not first time , that for now second day i did not getting even close to solve my problem , like you are calling it . Also I am relaxed , i am in the game and playing , and waiting so I dont get this harsh respond to not called lecture about my MINOR PROBLEM , secondly I dont know about Murkmire problem or any other problem, so if you dont have same issue please dont comment . I was reporting the bug and that is not huge technical problem, it is simple a bug and should be solved in no time

It's not an issue of the complexity of the bug. Like Frikgrim mentioned, this is but one issue an individual is having amongst all the other issues the entire playerbase may be having. You said you tried to complete it 2 days ago and spent 24 hours going back and forth with customer support, so it really hasn't been that long. I can understand if this persists for weeks, and I know you're upset because this is happening to you specifically, but it hasn't been that long and it's unrealistic to think such a minor issue would take priority away from countless other issues.
  • DarkHildr
    DarkHildr
    Soul Shriven
    I do copy that , minor or not , that is individual point of view , also for some other games this kind of small issue like you are calling it is fixed usually very fast , actually I was reading about this same issue on reddit , and they was fixing it for the guy in 15 minutes , exactly the same issue . So please dont preach me about that there is bigger problems to fix, i do copy that , and that is exactly my point - this is minor issue and should be solved fast .
  • Aechma
    Aechma
    Soul Shriven
    SkadiMZ wrote: »

It's not an issue of the complexity of the bug. Like Frikgrim mentioned, this is but one issue an individual is having amongst all the other issues the entire playerbase may be having. You said you tried to complete it 2 days ago and spent 24 hours going back and forth with customer support, so it really hasn't been that long. I can understand if this persists for weeks, and I know you're upset because this is happening to you specifically, but it hasn't been that long and it's unrealistic to think such a minor issue would take priority away from countless other issues.

dont understand why you spend your time to point out that indviduals dont have any right to mention there issues
  • Aechma
    Aechma
    Soul Shriven
    Frikgrim wrote: »
    First of all, you're calling out "customer service" in your thread's title. Your issue falls under the domain of "technical support," not "customer service." You're needlessly calling out a team that couldn't, if they wanted to, fix your problem.

Secondly, you're suggesting that ZOS drop everything (and everyone else) to address your specific problem. Do you, somehow, believe you have your own dedicated CS and TS teams to address your wants and needs exclusively? That is not how things (or life) works.

You are but one person in the sea of people they have to deal with. Your problem is but one problem in the sea of problems they have to deal with. They have to take this big collection of people and problems and prioritize them, based on what is most important (or what will help the most people with one fix).

Somehow, I think your problem may fall much lower on the triage list than you believe it should be.

At any rate, I hope your problem gets fixed, but if I were in your shoes, I'd probably just relax and find something else to focus on in the meantime.

This bug can be resolved and help others in the game, whats wrong with that?
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aechma wrote: »
    dont understand why you spend your time to point out that indviduals dont have any right to mention there issues
    No one has infringed upon your right to post regarding the issues you are experiencing. People have simply pointed out the difference between customer service and technical support and that saying "Customer service sucks" isn't helpful.
    Aechma wrote: »
    This bug can be resolved and help others in the game, whats wrong with that?
    I don't know the internal workings of ZOS, but in most software/game developement companies issues are assigned a priority. Things like crashes take top prioritiy, followed by things like quest locks, missing NPCs, localisation, and then everything else which comes under miscellaneous. Whether the wording for this priority system is High/Medium/Low or A/B/C doesn't matter.

For example, every time I see and report a bugged book, I never expect it to be fixed in the next update. As far as I am aware, this quest can be done on any character and the Fragments are account-wide. Since there's a workaround for this issue in the form of relogging and completing the story again on a different character, the issue takes an appropriately lower priority to something that doesn't have a workaround.

Don't misread this, I'm not saying ZOS shouldn't fix it or that you shouldn't talk about it. I simply think calling out customer service the way is being done here, specifically in the title, is not helpful and won't get your issue a higher priority.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I read that right? You got an answer telling you that a special team is already tasked with fixing the problem and you are complaining that you didn't hear from them again after ... 3 hours? Wow. What kind of response times are you expecting? A bug fix can take days or weeks, some even take months! It seems you were told that ZOS is aware of the problem and fixing it - what else do you want?
    Just sit back and relax knowing that your issue is actively being worked on.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    Well you're doing way better than me. I contacted support over a week ago for help and got a response that said "thanks but we won't be getting back to you" lmao. I tried a different way and still no luck.

I came to the conclusion that things like progress-blocking bugs don't get a response, only things that involve real world money, especially when they've just released a new chapter and are probably busy.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • DarkHildr
    DarkHildr
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there , reply to all of you and update , after almost four days the issue is still there , problem did not move from square one , am getting copy paste responses , word by word , just different agent names that my ticket is upgraded and that they will fix it shortly . To not get me wrong , I know I can do the main quest with different character but that is not a pint here . The point is that technical support is not doing anything about it . The emails are automatic and not leading anywhere . So for all those who are attacking me here , you are just simply wrong . So it is no more 3 hours, five or a day , now is forth day and counting .
  • DarkHildr
    DarkHildr
    Soul Shriven
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Did I read that right? You got an answer telling you that a special team is already tasked with fixing the problem and you are complaining that you didn't hear from them again after ... 3 hours? Wow. What kind of response times are you expecting? A bug fix can take days or weeks, some even take months! It seems you were told that ZOS is aware of the problem and fixing it - what else do you want?
    Just sit back and relax knowing that your issue is actively being worked on.

No need to be sarcastic , I have full right as a customer to ask that my issue or better said the bug in the game that i am paying for , should be fixed or at least to be told what i can do or when or how ... get it ?? That is why there is technical support , to have a support when you need it
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reading about this same issue on reddit , and they was fixing it for the guy in 15 minutes , So please dont preach me about that there is bigger problems to fix, this is minor issue and should be solved fast .

If they "Solved his issue" but not your's then they didn't fix the "Bug" they just added the fragment to his account, and if they did this Ad-Hoc for all 18 million accounts then no Bug would get fixed ever.

If you have played ESO for even a few months then you are aware that ESO fixes bugs in their scheduled 📅 incremental updates.

Currently we have invisible world bosses, unusable doors in dungeons and dozens of fresh and freshly broken Quests, a Fragment drop for a non essential mini game that only 10% of the player base own and only 10% of them played the tedious unskippable ToT tutorial to unlock access to is very much a back burner issue that a simple Report (which you had already done) would have sufficed without the need for an outrage post about percieved selective victimhood, wait a week.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are a wee bit buggy right now. But hey, I'm still having fun with it. I'm sure support/ customer service is up to their necks with work right now. So I wouldn't expect immediate fixes.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just came here to say I have the same exact problem, PCNA stabbitydoom on my character Stabbingtonsteele.

I have the same screenshots to prove it, if you need them. Perhaps this info will help solve the problem?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto here. Finished the quest in question two days ago, but I did not get the fragment. Screenshots would look identical to the ones in the OP.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correction / update:

By now I realized that the bug is something completely different. I was wondering because I remembered getting two new decks and since I can't possibly have got the Red Eagle or the Orgnum deck after having played exactly one match until now, I checked and noticed that the Ansei deck is in fact in my collection. For some bizarre reason something else is in my collectionj, too, and that's a set of four fragments of the Ansei deck I already have.

So in my case the bug is not not getting the final fragment of the Ansei deck, but the game not stopping the collection of fragments after having already combined the full set of fragments.
  • DarkHildr
    DarkHildr
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone , they was solving the issue at the end , but was long waiting for the agent on their special team who is working with technical stuff like this one , he was simply add in the missing deck
  • Felkara
    Felkara
    ✭✭
    I'm having this issue on Xbox NA as well.
  • SekaiXD
    SekaiXD
    ✭✭
    I have this bug too on EUPC. :(
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any ETA for this bug fix?
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the same bug too.

EDIT: My bad! I just forgot to combine the fragments in the collections tab. Works for me now.
    As for CS, I did get a reply to my tickets hours later that actually pointed me to the solution without me having to respond to it. So pardon my bitching...
    Edited by Ufretin on 9 July 2022 08:20
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Got the same bug too.
    Even performed the silly ritual of submitting a ticket, even though not a single ticket has ever been answered in 8 years of ESO...

Are you submitting a bug ticket? Those are not answered by design. They even tell you that when you submit them. (Recently I’ve seen a small handful answered by Support, though half of them wrongly because they didn’t understand the ticket.)

If you are submitting a help ticket, that should get an automated reply to which you must reply to get a response from a human.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Got the same bug too.
    Even performed the silly ritual of submitting a ticket, even though not a single ticket has ever been answered in 8 years of ESO...

Check your junk mail (seriously, the first mail response is always boilerplate so junk mail usually catches it) and make sure you respond to it.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am having a bug with this too, I have completed the main storyline and the Ansei deck is still locked. I believe I may have got a fragment of this set before doing the story, maybe that is the problem.

I am on PS NA and the screen I see under Collections looks nothing like the snapshot above. The fragments don’t say “Diplomat” or “Delver”, just Action or Contract Action. That is terribly unhelpful. There is a Starter card too but everything is grayed out. I will get a screen snapshot later to add to this post.

I waited until the patch today but nothing about this bug has been fixed for me.

EDIT:
    snapshots

nqsvk9mkz0tu.jpg

k326snrw61tr.jpg
    Edited by katanagirl1 on 20 July 2022 21:21
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone had to show me what to do in my case, go to:

Collections->Fragments->Ansei...

There is the option to combine the fragments if you have them all, which I already did. It’s just like the items you get from the event Impresario.

Hope this helps someone.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did this quest, and did not get the Ansei Diplomant fragment

I submitted a ticket (220819-004799) and hope to get this fixed. My friend, who was questing with me, DID get the fragment. So this bug is alive and well still.

please fix!!!!
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    Eight months later and A Chance for Peace Quest is still having issues.
  • Kavar162
    Kavar162
    ✭✭
    Id like to bump this up because I am still having this issue. Can we get ANY response from the devs???
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue, I finished the quest but got no fragment and no achievement.

Every NPC is just sitting in the meeing hall in Gonfalon Bay castle, but no quest markers visible. Also talked to all quest relevant NPCs again, but nothing happened. Plus, have no open quests in my journal