Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "Celebrate ESO With Us In Las Vegas During The 2023 ESO Community Event"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
o99oz0kc1xan.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Celebrate ESO With Us In Las Vegas During The 2023 ESO Community Event"

"Meet ESO’s developers, watch special panels, and celebrate the game with us and your fellow players at a new community event—coming in April 2023!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 20 April 2023 14:32
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be 18 or older and a legal resident of the United States to be eligible.

I understand 18 and over, but why a legal resident of the United States? It's very confusing to have this in the small print when the next page asks what country you are from, giving a list of (I think) everywhere in the world.
    Edited by baratron on 2 March 2023 21:53
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Sapphire_Ocelot
    Sapphire_Ocelot
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping with all my heart and soul that I will be one of the ones picked to go! I haven't been able to have a trip or vacation of any kind in approximately six years, and this is actually within a feasible driving distance for me. I submitted my form earlier today about an hour after the announcement. Now just sitting here imagining how cool it'd be to meet some of ZOS and fellow ESO fans. ESO is really all I play and I had heard about the meetups in the past, but never has means to go back then. Either way I think that it's great that ZOS brought these back and I know that whoever does wind up going will have an incredible experience.

For anyone who went to the previous events, were they always held at the same location? I'm curious to know where this is being held as there are only a zillion places in Vegas than can host these sorts of things, haha. ;)
    PS5 NA // Twitch Streamer // Housing Enthusiast // Main Khajiit MagDK // Love All Aspects Of The Game // PVP AD
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    I may be ahead of myself here but I already bought my ticket to Vegas and got my vacation days approved! Definitely hoping to be selected. ESO hear my plea!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedBranch wrote: »
    I may be ahead of myself here but I already bought my ticket to Vegas and got my vacation days approved! Definitely hoping to be selected. ESO hear my plea!

I would suggest to wait on tickets, unless everything is refundable. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    @Elsonso found a surprisingly cheap deal 🤷🏻‍♂️ we’ll see
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedBranch wrote: »
    @Elsonso found a surprisingly cheap deal 🤷🏻‍♂️ we’ll see

I priced flights out there, and they are cheap, but I am going to wait. I expect they will have more applications than spaces.
  • a_Beautiful_Mind2
    a_Beautiful_Mind2
    ✭✭✭
    Can you provide an update when confirmation emails are being sent out to those that have been selected? So that those that are selected can make arrangements as its little over a month away and prices for lodging and flights will increase as the event approaches.
    ~Healers Matter Too~
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really cool ZOS is bringing back this type of event! I wouldn't be able to go, but I'm looking forward to the live stream! Good luck to the people who apply, I hope they have enough seats, so everyone gets to go and have fun! :smile:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you provide an update when confirmation emails are being sent out to those that have been selected? So that those that are selected can make arrangements as its little over a month away and prices for lodging and flights will increase as the event approaches.

Seems to me that if you don't hear anything from them, then you were not selected. My expectation for the people who signed up will be that the first 300 vetted people will get emails (maybe already have), and if any of those do not move to the next phase, they will back fill and send out emails to people further down the list until they get to 300.

• Sapphire_Ocelot
    Sapphire_Ocelot
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Seems to me that if you don't hear anything from them, then you were not selected. My expectation for the people who signed up will be that the first 300 vetted people will get emails (maybe already have), and if any of those do not move to the next phase, they will back fill and send out emails to people further down the list until they get to 300.

I think what they are trying to determine is if anyone has been contacted yet or not. I have yet to hear anything myself, but I also haven't heard anyone else say that they got a ticket yet or were contacted either. A heads up on whether or not people have already been chosen would be great not only for making preparations, but if any of us do not get picked so that we know for sure so the anxiety of not knowing can be put to rest. I personally am still hoping so, so badly that I can go....
    PS5 NA // Twitch Streamer // Housing Enthusiast // Main Khajiit MagDK // Love All Aspects Of The Game // PVP AD
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I think what they are trying to determine is if anyone has been contacted yet or not. I have yet to hear anything myself, but I also haven't heard anyone else say that they got a ticket yet or were contacted either. A heads up on whether or not people have already been chosen would be great not only for making preparations, but if any of us do not get picked so that we know for sure so the anxiety of not knowing can be put to rest. I personally am still hoping so, so badly that I can go....

A brief exchange I had on Twitter suggests to me that no one has been contacted, yet.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my email response today, but sadly, the "Confirm your RSVP" button responds with "You are not currently on the guest list.
    Please contact the event organizer for more information."
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Elsonso we had an error that was occurring before. It should be fixed now, so try again and see if you get the same thing. If so, we'll reach out to our teams to see if there is something else going on.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sapphire_Ocelot
    Sapphire_Ocelot
    ✭✭✭
    I RSVPed a bit earlier too! STOKED!!!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Sapphire_Ocelot Looking forward to seeing all of you in Vegas!
    Staff Post
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    Are emails still going out? *asks Redbranchh with little hope* 😬😬
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Elsonso we had an error that was occurring before. It should be fixed now, so try again and see if you get the same thing. If so, we'll reach out to our teams to see if there is something else going on.

All fixed. Tickets purchased. Hotels booked. No need to sacrifice any virgins, either, so it's been a good day! :smile:
  • StreetwiseMI
    StreetwiseMI
    Soul Shriven
    I actually booked a vacay trip for the same days before I knew of the event in LV this year. I signed up for an invite and got my a RSVP. Will be seeing you all April 12th!

Has anyone in the forum ever been to the community event and know what to expect, must dos, must sees? Is it like a comic con or more formal? I'm so excited I wanna know more!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually booked a vacay trip for the same days before I knew of the event in LV this year. I signed up for an invite and got my a RSVP. Will be seeing you all April 12th!

Has anyone in the forum ever been to the community event and know what to expect, must dos, must sees? Is it like a comic con or more formal? I'm so excited I wanna know more!

All attendees are required to dress up in an Abner Tharn costume. :smile::smile:
  • StreetwiseMI
    StreetwiseMI
    Soul Shriven
    So my Cadwell get up is out of the question? 😅
  • SavySnapdragon
    SavySnapdragon
    Soul Shriven
    I submit for a chance to win a ticket for this event. Which I know it was clearly stated that not all who applied would get a ticket. I know the initial round of RSVPs have gone out, but when/ if can any additional invites are going out? Just wanting to know if I should try to hold out hope on attending this event. Thanks!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that ZOS has done the GDC streamer reveal, am curious as to who from ZOS will be at the April event.
  • StreetwiseMI
    StreetwiseMI
    Soul Shriven
    Such a good time yesterday! Where can I find photos from the event?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Such a good time yesterday! Where can I find photos from the event?

We have some photos on social media right now! But we’ll have more to share in the coming weeks.

Staff Post