Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rebalance the necro! I give ready-made suggestions

GrimStyx
GrimStyx
✭✭✭
Necro has terrible passives and active abilities that don't fit in pvp, he needs to be radically redone.
1. Give Major Breach to the summoned skeleton.
2. Review the interaction with corpses, or abilities, for example, a teaser that would give the same buff as from the healing branch of the assault, with not limiting your distance.
3. Rework the colossus ult, I wrote this many times, see past posts, in short, make it targeted, with a longer action, like ult sork.
4. The exploding skeleton should deal dot damage after the explosion.
5. Rework the Necro Grave Grasp stun so that it is convenient for both the stun and the pet buff.
6. Supplement passive for dot damage by increasing the duration of status effects.
7. Rework Shocking Siphon morph, make it possible to deal damage around the player when linked.
8. Give a finishing ability, or increase the damage from a weaked finishing passive that gives a critical chance.
9. The spam ability not so good, it should give extra good dot damage to stack with dot passive, but now it loses a lot of spam abilities of other classes, and even the weapon branch, when the class is forced to play most of the abilities through secondary branches, then the class is ***.
Edited by GrimStyx on 4 April 2023 17:15
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Long post that will likely never be read by any devs incoming. The things Necro needs are pretty straightforward and could be implemented in a number of ways. What it all boils down to though is simply a reason to use more class skills. Outside of Blastbones and Resistant Flesh, just about everything else in the class kit is a downgrade from non-class alternatives.

Give them class access to Brutality/Sorcery or Prophecy/Savagery. Give them class access to an on demand stun, or at the very least a class gap closer. Significantly buff the spammable, or add a class execute. They have DoT passives but only have 2 class DoTs - both of which are AoE. A class sticky DoT would go a long way. Their damage in PvE and PvP is pretty laughable right now, and they weren't given anything after the Harmony and Graverobber nerfs (which was yet another example of a poorly thought out sledgehammer change, but I digress).

Corpse gameplay is clunky and has only gotten clunkier with time. Corpses don't last nearly long enough. Player corpses should not disappear when the player respawns - the amount of times I go to use up a corpse only to find that the player respawned removing the corpse right before I cast my ability is infuriating. Duration increases to pets means that you can't create corpses as quickly anymore - you should be able to create the corpses at 8 seconds for any ability longer than 16 seconds. Nerfs to the Arcanist/Archer and Mender/Guardian means there's even less of a reason to run those corpse creation abilities. The Animate Blastbones ultimate doesn't even count as a corpse consumption ability, despite consuming corpses being a key function of the ultimate, meaning that you can't even see the corpses you need to use the ultimate on. Tether/Coil and Siphon are good on paper, but in mobile boss fights and most PvP fights, these skills are almost impossible to use consistently.

Necro pets are also stuck in this weird middle-ground between pets and normal abilities. They don't proc sets (neither healing nor damage procs), they don't count for healing or damage on the BG scoreboard (despite blastbones usually accounting for well over half your damage), and yet you cannot command them with the keybind like you can Sorc/Warden pets. This leads to a myriad of problems. The Arcanist/Archer will often just stop attacking anyone, despite enemies being within range. They attack who they want, when they want. The Ghost will also occasionally miss heal ticks because it can't find a target (again, despite there being targets in range). Blastbones is still occasionally drunk, and the fact that you can't recast the skill if it bugs out until it expires can really hurt you in a PvP fight. If Blastbones is drunk, then the ones summoned from the ultimate are dying from alcohol poisoning. You can't tell them who to attack at all (not even on cast) and a solid 30-40% of the time the Blastbones summoned by the ultimate simply expire without ever detonating.

TL;DR: Necro is a hot mess right now. Half their abilities aren't worth the bar space, and the other half are either underwhelming, inconsistent, or buggy. They lack 2 major offensive buffs (damage and crit), lack an on demand stun, lack a gap closer, and lack an execute. They have the worst mobility in the game and a bad class spammable that sees little use in any environment.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 4 April 2023 18:25
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    The things Necro needs are pretty straightforward and could be implemented in a number of ways. What it all boils down to though is simply a reason to use more class skills. Outside of Blastbones and Resistant Flesh, just about everything else in the class kit is a downgrade from non-class alternatives.

Give them class access to Brutality/Sorcery or Prophecy/Savagery. Give them class access to an on demand stun. Significantly buff the spammable. They have DoT passives but only have 2 class DoTs - both of which are AoE. A class sticky DoT would go a long way. Their damage in PvE and PvP is pretty laughable right now, and they weren't given anything after the Harmony and Graverobber nerfs (which was yet another example of a poorly thought out sledgehammer change, but I digress).

in general, due to the fact that they removed the targeting of pets, it became much more difficult to use the potentials of passives and other abilities, for example, the ultimate Animate Blastbones or Deaden Pain, therefore, they should have returned the targeting to them, or redo the mechanics with corpses, then that it’s hard to hit necro with target pets this is NOT an EXCUSE, LOOK AT SORС, why don't zos remove sorcs target pets, what a nonsense
    Edited by GrimStyx on 4 April 2023 18:27
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro offense definitely needs a rework/buff, personally i would make these changes:

Give the class a sticky dot so it can benefit from the class passive.
    Give major sorcery/brutality to both arcanist/archer.
    Change colossus ultimate to be target cast so you can't miss it and make it cheaper (i would make it at least 200).
    Make scythe execute.
    Give the class a reliable stun on demand.
    Make the spammable actually useful that synergies with the class in a way like dk whip.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Necro pets are also stuck in this weird middle-ground between pets and normal abilities. They don't proc sets (neither healing nor damage procs), they don't count for healing or damage on the BG scoreboard (despite blastbones usually accounting for well over half your damage), and yet you cannot command them with the keybind like you can Sorc/Warden pets. This leads to a myriad of problems. The Arcanist/Archer will often just stop attacking anyone, despite enemies being within range. They attack who they want, when they want. The Ghost will also occasionally miss heal ticks because it can't find a target (again, despite there being targets in range). Blastbones is still occasionally drunk, and the fact that you can't recast the skill if it bugs out until it expires can really hurt you in a PvP fight. If Blastbones is drunk, then the ones summoned from the ultimate are dying from alcohol poisoning. You can't tell them who to attack at all (not even on cast) and a solid 30-40% of the time the Blastbones summoned by the ultimate simply expire without ever detonating.

Outside of problems caused by performance (sometimes it's hard to tell which is at fault), my biggest problems are:

The SKILLS ARE SO UNRELIABLE. Blastbones takes all day to decide what it wants to do and when it does do something it's rarely what I want it to do. I've seen Blastbones run through a crowd of people right in front of me to chase someone behind the crowd who probably got away for all I know. I can also summon it, charge someone and dawnbreaker, expecting Blastbones to follow up only for blastbones to not arrive or come to late for the burst combo. It's so weird because you need a target to summon it!

The tethers... omg the tethers... as much as I love using the mystic syphon and the other tether, I can have three corpses on the ground and not be able to activate a single tether during precious seconds of a fight. Sometimes I activate the tether only to have it immediately break meaning I'm SOOL. I enjoy the playstyle so I rely on the tethers for healing, damage and sustain. I completely understand why most players build to play without them though.

WISHES:
    1. I wish the summon blastbones ultimate was a good alternative to using non-class ultimates. I would love it if I could activate the ultimate with a target and three (or more depending on corpses available) would rise and attack that target. I love the look of this ultimate and I just think blowing people up with a gang of blastbones would make for the coolest ultimate in the game.

2. The hungry scythe (which doesn't work AT ALL with the current lag even in battle grounds) could use a damage buff or maybe apply life-steal while the heal effect is active.

3. I wish Blastbones could NOT be stunned! Blastbones is a skill that can not be used again while it's active and it's so easy for a DK (leap), Sorc (streak), a Nightblade (cloak), to shut blastbones down and you're basically left waiting for it to die before you can resummon it.... only for it to get stunned again. -_-;
    Edited by StarOfElyon on 8 April 2023 00:46