The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fake Healers

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally had a group fail on a boss.

I've been leveling my DK by healing random normals, but technically he's been queuing as heals or DPS and he wound up as a DPS in Arx Corinium. I changed to DPS bars and off we went.

But we could NOT kill the Fanged Menace, due to her self-heals. If they were interruptible, I didn't know how. When it was all over, I looked at my logs. I'd been doing about 6.5K DPS (I know, not the greatest -- but this is a class I don't know well, I was wearing leveling gear, and I did need to do some healing). According to Combat Log Metrics, that was 90% of the total!!!!!!

Now, CLM is hardly precise about things like that. Still -- WTF were the other players (two of them at Level 50) doing???

@FrancisCrawford don't stand in the AOE around it while its curled up. Thats how you stop the self heal.

This explains why I haven't noticed the problem in numerous previous runs.

Generally those were duoing w/ Darcy, and we generally don't stand in red (for very long) unless there's a really good reason ...

Thanks!
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    Morvane wrote: »
    Lyserus wrote: »
    fake healer is worse than fake tank
    Lyserus wrote: »
    fake healer is worse than fake tank

Nah. Fake tank is far worse.

0 DPS lead this board

0 DPS youd have to be standing still. ....

what is definition of eternal life? - zero dps in normal dungeon
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    For real man, just yesterday i got into a fungal 2 of all places, immediately noticed a portal which is a bad sign imo. They werent evem at the first boss. I ask them why the other tank left, no one said a word. I proceed to pull first boss. I *** you not man, the healer was spamming frost heavies and running all over the place while jumping trying to drop aggro , one dps was SnB spamming low slash and the other dps, and this for whatever reason triggered me more than anything else, was constantly back stepping in order to use crit rush over and over again. You cant make this *** up lol..

No amount of polite friendly explanations would help these players. I think im done with GF until zos has the decency to implement systems IN GAME to help educate new players in what is expected of them in a selected role among other lessons. These players get away with this crap because no where else in their playing experience is the game slapping their wrist and making them consider ways to improve. Ill take a fake healer or tank anyday over that crap.

Between the halloween event and this event many people were able to power level their toons.

I got 5 toons to level 40 and 1 to level 45 during the witches event.
    This current event got my level 45 to cp160 with the enlightenment and double xp.
    This is my first cp 160 toon and am still learning.

BUT...i'm missing points in skills/abilities and guild passives. I know that and am questing now for points and hunting down sky shards.
    Also going to start getting my real gear as well and trying out rotations that work for me. Also going to get a combat add-on so I can see my dps stats and fine tune them.

I won't go near a dungeon as a dps until I feel more comfortable that I can cut it.

There are others that really don't care about 'the team'. They are in it for themselves to level or gear themselves up.

I think you should go inside a dungeon. there is plenty of good groups you can land in (I think my experience is 60% allright - so clearing is no problem, but it takes long, 20% good group 20% bad groups, and i use the dungeon finder a lot)
    You can also learn a lot from other players and often people will give you advice. Going with guildies helps also. but I think you should be fine - and it wil help you level your undaunted, which can be good for you build and dps
    PC-EU @lientier
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why too much terrible fake role player still exist in this MMO? Must be kicked immediately.

People can make multiple characters, and exchange items among alt characters
    through the personal bank storage. And can share champion point from Lv1.

If you are CP 500 DPS, then you can also have CP500 real tank.
    ( If you know how to build real tank though...)

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread is old. I was almost done reading page 1 before realising it was comments from 2017. While I only play this game in very short spans now, I assume you can just call it a feature if it's still an ongoing annoyance.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.