The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help with lore-friendly class/race combos

KestrelFive
Having beneficial in-game racial passives is a plus, but not required. I'm torn on these four. I've listed out a few race options for each but also welcome any other suggestions you'd have!

Magicka Dragonknight - Altmer, Dunmer, Khajiit?
Stamina/Hybrid Templar - Imperial, Breton, or Khajiit
Stamina Dragonknight - Imperial, Dunmer, or Khajiit
Stamina Sorcerer - Khajiit, Dunmer, Orc?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having beneficial in-game racial passives is a plus, but not required. I'm torn on these four. I've listed out a few race options for each but also welcome any other suggestions you'd have!

Magicka Dragonknight - Altmer, Dunmer, Khajiit?
    Stamina/Hybrid Templar - Imperial, Breton, or Khajiit
    Stamina Dragonknight - Imperial, Dunmer, or Khajiit
    Stamina Sorcerer - Khajiit, Dunmer, Orc?

Khajiit make underrated DKs imo, lore-wise. (The Kingdom of) Rimmen was pretty much founded by Akaviri, so for Khajiit to pick up some of their martial arts is an easy sell.
    Imperial is an obvious choice due to the Akaviri Potentate, but a good one. So are, to a lesser extent, the races of the Ebonheart Pact. Frankly I can see a Nord picking up Akaviri martial arts much easier than a Dunmer, who are much more xenophobic and convinced of the superiority of their own culture.

Imperials are quintessential Divine-worshippers, the Alessian Empire pretty much founded the pantheon. So Templar is an obvious fit for them. Of course any race could work if you make them sufficiently Empire-loving. Given that the Eight Divines also incorporate Elven gods, Altmer would be a reasonable choice as well (and they work great as hybrids).

Sorcerers can fit in pretty much anywhere, but for Stamina in particular, I also want to suggest Nord. In the single player games, they used to come with a Shield (Woad) as their greater power, and Hurricane fits them quite well, too.
    If you want to lean more into their skills being sourced by Daedric power, I personally prefer Dunmer.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Bosmer are Best in Slot for Cute and are small targets so they make the best choice for everything. I play mages and archers and all are Bosmer. Since I knew I'd only play Bosmer, I even saved some money by buying the 'Bosmer Only' edition of ESO (kidding). ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is more then class/race

Bosmer (necro just for the DoT passive)with bow skills only

Breton Templer magicka but dual wield daggers

Nord with axe and shield build for heavy bash

etc.
    Edited by mague on 4 April 2023 16:16
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DK - Dunmer - Naturals with Fire Magic, it's their original race description in TES: Arena
    Hybrid Templar - Breton - Knightly Orders of High Rock
    Stamina DK - Imperial - Imperial Legionnaire
    Stam Sorc - Orc - Tribal Shaman
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 4 April 2023 16:15
    read, think and write.In that order.